AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-03, 11:03   Link #1
Chichi

Paradise Kiss / Beck -

This can be considered more of a casual inquiry rather than a suggestion. After recently watching Paradise Kiss I immediately fell in love with the premise and the overall realism the show had. After overhearing that the same director from Beck, a series that I also liked for the very same reasons was responsible for Paradise Kiss (the director’s name escapes me), I’m now curious to see whether there were other series directed by this person and/or studio? At the very least I would appreciate suggestions similar to those of the two shows mentioned, even if the production was made otherwise.

Thank you.
Old 2006-01-03, 13:49   Link #2
akai
Addict (one more hit man)

Send a message via AIM to akai
Paradise Kiss Info

BECK Info

Osamu Kobayashi, directed both

Did the BECK Manga

Did Paradise Kiss Manga

You should also look into Zettai Shonen, I had my doubts at first, but at the ended, i was just in awe of the excellence.
Old 2006-01-03, 13:57   Link #3
Chichi

Thank you ‘akai’ for taking the time to answer my inquiry with the information you gave, and the additional show suggestion too.
Old 2006-01-03, 16:28   Link #4
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

You'd wanna check out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...any.php?id=392

For a full list. They're covering black lagoon, which I absolutely adore, so.
Old 2006-01-08, 01:25   Link #5
wao
OK.

Something that hasn't been corrected on that ANN entry is that there are two Osamu Kobayashis in the anime industry who are both directors with the same kanji. I'm not kidding - one is the guy who is, iirc, one of the founders of Asia-do, he's done those old stuff like Night on the Galactic Railroad, KOR, Creamy Mami, and more recently Zettai Shounen.

The homepage featured isthe homepage of the Osamu Kobayashi that you want...

Check out the 4C shorts that he has done, they are most representative of him. (table & fishman - part of Digital Juice, and End of the World - go google them up, they sohuld be somewhere on animesuki). Also you can go look at the ED of Gad Guard, that's what he did. He did the colour design, mech and art settings and a bit of the scenario for Blue Submarine No. 6....
Old 2009-08-26, 15:24   Link #6
Kyuu9sha

Send a message via MSN to Kyuu9sha
I really loved BECK and I saw the opening for Paradise Kiss and decided to watch it since it had the same air as BECK. Well, no wonder if they even have the same director.

When I watched the opening for Paradise Kiss, I noticed a strange thing. Perhaps these pictures would explain it better:

Note: spoiler tags are for hiding the big pictures, there aren't any spoilers.

Spoiler for Pictures:
Closed Thread