AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-08-02, 11:10   Link #4041
Twi

More so considering it boiled down to one being too vengeful about his sister and so he fell by choice and the other being too prideful to run so he joined.

Then again, I think that was meant to show how their current counterparts are different, but rather than them being ones to do the memory thing it might have been better if the druids did it so that King and Diana could both sympathize and kick their asses, pointing out how their actions have screwed the future. The demons torched the previous Fairy King forest while Dolor's pride set an example that passed down his tribes to the extent that the giants are almost extinct. In that way they surpass the previous rulers under their own merits, making them realize the folly of joining up with the enemy of their clans and then die buying time for the injured pair to escape, rather than having already switched sides before it even got to that point.
Old 2018-08-03, 10:42   Link #4042
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe we'll see how ruthless Meliodas can be now. If he gets his emotions back after enough time passes for that.

@Twi: That's a good point about Gloxinia and Dolor.
Old 2018-08-04, 13:52   Link #4043
marvelB

It's blurry spoiler pic time!

Spoiler for 277:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 11:29   Link #4044
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if there's any possibility of the Demon and Goddess Clans forming a full truce and for there to be peace between them finally. Maybe after this battle against Mael, they can get closer to that than before at least. The Supreme Goddess and the Demon King would be the most against it, though.

But yeah, @Marvel, thanks for the spoiler. But yeah, should wait for confirmation as to whether the spoilers are accurate or not first.
Old 2018-08-06, 12:47   Link #4045
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...a-year/.135134

If the anime will adapt the rest, it will definitely need 3 cours.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-06, 13:03   Link #4046
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Like a lot of mangaka, he's probably underestimating the time it will take him to complete the series. Not saying he can't do it, but a year seems a bit short to wrap everything up.
Old 2018-08-07, 16:22   Link #4047
marvelB

In a year, huh? Well, let's wait and see if his words prove true. Though, rather than a baseball manga like he said in the article, I'd rather he make a Kongou Banchou sequel (or at least a spinoff with Hikyou Banchou as the star).

Anyway, translated chapter's out! And sadly, it looks like this is the end for not only Derrierie, but the archangels Sariel and Tarmiel, as well. But now, as Mael is in the middle of absorbing a new power into himself, Gowther finally decides to do battle....!!!
Old 2018-08-07, 17:33   Link #4048
Homura7

I feel no simpathy towards Mael. Sure, he may have had his life screwed over by Gowther (demon), but even before that he was already known as the Angel of Death, and taught by his big brother who is one of the biggest assholes in the story, a true genocidal bastard. Now he's indiscriminately and mercilessly murdering his fellow archangel pals. Tarmiel's final plea only to be blasted to shreds was depressing to read. Even before regaining his memories and his identity, as Estarossa he already went out of his way and against the wishes of what were his fellow demon companions, murdering humans and demons alike with no remorse.

At this point, Mael has crossed the line. There's no saving him, except a swift and merciful death.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 22:57   Link #4049
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ludociel would be the one to take him out permanently, and take the commandments for himself.
Old 2018-08-07, 23:50   Link #4050
SilverGlavenus

Sariel said that neither Angels nor Demons can defeat him now.
With Gowther ready to fight, chances are Mael will be beaten soon. Or Escanor sweeps in and beat Mael.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 10:30   Link #4051
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Are Sariel and Tarmiel really dead? That's really anti-climactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Sariel said that neither Angels nor Demons can defeat him now.
With Gowther ready to fight, chances are Mael will be beaten soon. Or Escanor sweeps in and beat Mael.
More like Escanor gets Sunshine stolen by Mael. Though you can't call it stealing when it was his in the first place.

Estarossa/Mael has been hyped up as a major villain for quite some time, he isn't going to go down so easily. Not until he at least faces Meliodas.
Old 2018-08-08, 10:32   Link #4052
Twi

Y'all thinking to narrow.

It's not going to be a fairy or giant, but a human. That's right, Ban is going to show up and steal the commandments right from him with his Sacred Weapon that has yet to show back up. After all, who better to take them back than the man who can steal anything?
Old 2018-08-08, 14:09   Link #4053
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If no angel or demon can defeat Mael anymore, does that mean Meliodas also can't do it even with as many as or more decrees than him? But yeah, it'd be good if Ban does it and also steals all of the decrees. But I hope Meliodas gets them after that. Unless Ban can handle having decrees (maybe just one, though).
Old 2018-08-08, 15:23   Link #4054
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
If no angel or demon can defeat Mael anymore, does that mean Meliodas also can't do it even with as many as or more decrees than him? But yeah, it'd be good if Ban does it and also steals all of the decrees. But I hope Meliodas gets them after that. Unless Ban can handle having decrees (maybe just one, though).
Well, he is immortal, so presumably he'd survive absorbing them. They might just kill him over and over till Mel snatches them.
Old 2018-08-08, 19:20   Link #4055
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ban's immortality has its limits though, he's vulnerable to the black flames some demons use. A commandment may not be compatible with his immortality.

I actually don't get why Sariel said angels and demons can't defeat Mael anymore. Meliodas is a demon and he has never had any trouble killing other demons. He can just use physical attacks if magic doesn't work.
Old 2018-08-09, 11:14   Link #4056
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Mael is probably just too strong. Plus he also has the highest levels of light and dark powers apparently.
Old 2018-08-17, 07:04   Link #4057
marvelB

Holiday break's over, so you know what that means!

Spoiler for 278:
Old 2018-08-17, 11:30   Link #4058
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It reminds me of the transformation Aizen went through in Bleach, but the mask looks better here. It looks like his hair has grown back?
Old 2018-08-17, 13:45   Link #4059
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Fans called what Aizen turned into "a condom". This is thankfully different from that, at least. But still, what's up with the transformation? And what are those characters on the talisman-like mask?
Old 2018-08-17, 23:57   Link #4060
marvelB

Huh, I had forgotten about Aizen. That being said, I still like the Chinese zombie comparison better, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
And what are those characters on the talisman-like mask?
I do believe they represent the commandments in Mael's possession. I mean, you can even see four marks on it (which is the number of commandments he now has)....

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen