AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-18, 14:29   Link #21
Lunarskylar

i think we'll all be satisfied if it turns out that his ankle wasn't sprained, but the sheer power from slamming his foot in the ground shattered the bone in his foot

agreed?

but if the sprained ankle is why gai gets to defeat kisame, then that's livable
fanservice for me <3
Old 2010-08-18, 14:44   Link #22
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

A poor excuse to have Guy fight Kisame, but it doesn't really matter. Guy is awesome and needs the opportunity.
Old 2010-08-18, 15:13   Link #23
madv2c
Deafmute

Maybe it's not a sprained ankle, but a broken foot.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 15:54   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The whole foot thing is just a plot device used to give Gai and Kisame an excuse to have a rematch. If it didn't happen than fans would be butt hurtin over the fight not happening.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 16:27   Link #25
iBeast

2 weeks for this weak chapter.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 16:35   Link #26
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
everyone seems to want Gai to die lol, well at least they hope he's heroic in the end...
There like me, they just wanna see this "mega kage" powerup the eighth gate will bring. Heck, if he just opened up seven I'd be satisfied. I'd just like to get an adequate measure of how strong Gai is for a change. Back in part one when he said he was stronger than Kakashi I thought he was just jerking us around. But now after seeing him and Kakashi fight for some time, I feel like that's probably more than accurate. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but considering his accolades Kakashi has been pretty pathetic up until this point.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 16:47   Link #27
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The whole foot thing is just a plot device used to give Gai and Kisame an excuse to have a rematch. If it didn't happen than fans would be butt hurtin over the fight not happening.
-I wouldn't. Guy never seems to remeber Mr. Sharkman anyway so their fight not happening could easily be explained away by Guy's abyssmal memory. Which means Kisame can be killed by Suigetsu to make the latter relevant to the plot or something.
Old 2010-08-18, 16:59   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Personally, I feel for Naruto. I once stubbed my toe and couldn't walk straight for an entire day. I can only imagine the pain Naruto is going through with his sprained ankle...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:07   Link #29
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I'm sorry to be so blunt, but considering his accolades Kakashi has been pretty pathetic up until this point.
I agree that Kakashi was probably the weakest Kage in history so far, and that Guy could probably beat him in a fight, BUT their styles are completely different. A good example would be Diedara. Guy would probably get creamed by the land mines and flying bombs, but that didn't effect Kakashi much. Think of Guy as Rock and Kakashi as Scissors (naruto=rock and paper).

Anyway this sprained ankle development is exactly why Kishi's 2nd rate at plot development. This was the perfect excuse for something to go wrong with the 'perfect' 9 tails chakra and naruto not have enough time to go into sage mode or figure out what went wrong. Then after or even during the fight Naruto could combine Kyubi and Sage to 'overcome' the weaknesses of both.

Instead we get a lame reason for naruto to sit out, and probably an even more lame reason for naruto to combine sage and kyubi mode later. Not to mention Bee gets his chakra drained after Kisame was surprised attacked and he already knew Kisame could do that+ it didn't even 1shot him before?!!
Real sad move Kishi, real sad. . .
Old 2010-08-18, 17:11   Link #30
lotus_lee

Typical, Naruto gets a powerup only to be at an immediate disadvantage. I guess this is the author's way of making Kisame have a more fair fight though. I'm not surprised considering the moment Naruto got the 9 tails under control and had some Rikudo Sennin/Yondiame stuff in him, people were crying 'NERF!'.

And Killerbee knocked out after Samehada sucks out all this chakra? What kind of BS is that. What's the point of being the 2nd most powerful Jinchuriki if he can be made completely useless like that?

Yamato locked in the waterfall. I mean come on, he is a master of wood and I'm guessing earth techniques. Make a hole and get out or something!

Next week: Guy goes 8 gates, which doesn't finish off Kisame, but also puts him on certain death. Then Naruto finally able to walk, goes and farts on Kisame for the win.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 17:19   Link #31
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Ah I just got a whole cool seperate Idea for naruto's new Kyubi mode!!

Since Sasuke has sharingan and he can SEE chakra and how people are going to do attacks, this new power Naruto has could be the contrast to that ability as the 6 Paths Sage's other son had some kind of 'special chakra' instead of technical prowess.

Where I'm going with this is here: 6 Paths 'Chakra' will give naruto similar powers to sharingan precognition and chakra detection, but thru a spidey sense like empathy with surrounding chakra. Kinda like jedi sensing the force.

IMO this would be way cooler and synergistic since naruto learns thru experience with his body and would be able to glean much more 'instictual' information which is easyer for him to process than 'technical' information which is sasuke's style.
Old 2010-08-18, 17:43   Link #32
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Naruto : Sorry Lee, I couldnt save Gai sensei in time
Lee : Why didnt you help him with his fight?
Naruto : I sprained my ankle!!

That would be awesome!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:05   Link #33
ragnos007

Ok I have to admit and agree with people here saying this is a bastard move by kishi. It all seems so convenient and fake and unbelieving for 2, possibly 3 reasons.

1. Naruto twisted his ankle. For the first part it is kinda convenient that it happened in the first place just so he couldn't get involved. And also it seems like complete bullshit. Kishi is saying that narutos body was able to handle the strain of moving at the speed that he did and handle the force of the impact of his arm hitting kisame, and he was able to get his foot stuck in the wall with a simple stomp. But he twisted it so easily. Also Yamato could and should have simplely used a simple earth element technique to assist naruto. But nooooooo!

2. Bee was taken out to easily and quickly. Samehada absorbed bees chakra in a couple secs not to mention hachibis. It seems crazy that all of their chakra was used up assisting naruto. But I guess that is what happened even though no indication was given as to how much it took out of him.

Possible 3. The cave entrance collapsing, yes it's possible but that's not my point. What difference does it make if it is or not? Is it to prevent the others from helping Yamato and Naruto? I don't think that's necessary at all seeing how naruto could simply punch the wall to crumble the rock around his feet. Making a splint should only take a could secs for Yamato. Clearing a path through the collapsed should be quick enough for either naruto in his current form or Yamato who is a earth and wood user.

And I just thought of a 4. Narutos ankle not healing. Considering kyuubi always did heal naruto, he healed a hole in the cheat in seconds. And since kyuubi us merely a huge mass of chakra with malice and a will of it's own, so shouldn't naruto having control over kyuubis chakra give him the same healing abilities as before, at least they better. It would be shitty to think that it was kyuubis will that healed naruto and not the chakra itself. Especially since kyuubis chakra when separated from from kyuubis malice and will is so full of life energy that yamatos wood was reacting to it and growing branches and leaves. So why can't/isn't naruto healing. Does he have to learn this ability?
Old 2010-08-18, 18:12   Link #34
Im_A_MoP

Pretty good spoiler. IDK y every1 seems upset about the whole ankle thing. It seems like it may be a crucial point in the plot development and all. How did naruto get healed before? was it the kyuubi consciously healing him instead of just the chakra doing it automatically? If so, then that may explain why something like a sprained ankle would keep him out of a fight, seeing as he pretty much just made an enemy out the kyuubi so I doubt he'll be helping with something unless its life threatening. Actually, now that kyuubi is powerless he mite be the one to help madara capture naruto so that he can get a chance to become one with his chakra again and later try to backstab madara somehow to get free.. mehh maybe. lol
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:14   Link #35
Gin
*Artist

Doesn't Naruto heal super fast because of the Kyuubi's chakra? So a sprained ankle should last about 30 seconds right? Looks like Kisame is finally going to die, sending a scroll to Madara just seals his fate.
Old 2010-08-18, 18:19   Link #36
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
For Guy he developed another 2 gates just for the hell of it.
Old 2010-08-18, 18:19   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I agree that Kakashi was probably the weakest Kage in history so far
Considering Kakashi wasn't a Kage...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 18:47   Link #38
Jehuty

Kishi hates Naruto as much as Kubo loves Aizen.

Old 2010-08-18, 19:27   Link #39
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
Typical, Naruto gets a powerup only to be at an immediate disadvantage. I guess this is the author's way of making Kisame have a more fair fight though. I'm not surprised considering the moment Naruto got the 9 tails under control and had some Rikudo Sennin/Yondiame stuff in him, people were crying 'NERF!'.

And Killerbee knocked out after Samehada sucks out all this chakra? What kind of BS is that. What's the point of being the 2nd most powerful Jinchuriki if he can be made completely useless like that?

Yamato locked in the waterfall. I mean come on, he is a master of wood and I'm guessing earth techniques. Make a hole and get out or something!

Next week: Guy goes 8 gates, which doesn't finish off Kisame, but also puts him on certain death. Then Naruto finally able to walk, goes and farts on Kisame for the win.
Naruto wasnt using Yondaimes Hiriashin, he was just moving really fast. This is because nobody taught him it, he didnt use any hand seals, and he didnt and couldnt have put a locater seal on Kisame.

And I agree about how quickly KB dropped and the whole possible waterfall cave in dilema, Yamato should be able to earth tech or wood tech a way through considering he did bust a hole in orochis hideout with wood back in the day. Its possible that the reason why KB was such a pushover was because he used too much chakra assisting Naruto. But i'm surprised that he used that much, but it makes sense because KB told naruto he couldnt help him out anymore that naruto would be on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
I agree that Kakashi was probably the weakest Kage in history so far, and that Guy could probably beat him in a fight, BUT their styles are completely different. A good example would be Diedara. Guy would probably get creamed by the land mines and flying bombs, but that didn't effect Kakashi much. Think of Guy as Rock and Kakashi as Scissors (naruto=rock and paper).

Anyway this sprained ankle development is exactly why Kishi's 2nd rate at plot development. This was the perfect excuse for something to go wrong with the 'perfect' 9 tails chakra and naruto not have enough time to go into sage mode or figure out what went wrong. Then after or even during the fight Naruto could combine Kyubi and Sage to 'overcome' the weaknesses of both.

Instead we get a lame reason for naruto to sit out, and probably an even more lame reason for naruto to combine sage and kyubi mode later. Not to mention Bee gets his chakra drained after Kisame was surprised attacked and he already knew Kisame could do that+ it didn't even 1shot him before?!!
Real sad move Kishi, real sad. . .
I don't think that it would be possible to combine sage mode with the rikkodu mode naruto has got going on right now It seems too farfetched. Let me explain. Sage modes weakness is the time limit. To counter that you need someone to fuse to naruto and stay still, collecting sage chakra. Naruto can't do that because while he does have kyuubi's chakra and kyuubi as well, he would need to have kyuubi take control over narutos body so that he could stay still and collect sage chakra. And he cant do that because kyuubi cant be trusted for the time being, if ever. Kyuubi is really pissed off. Naruto can combine the 2 chakras like he did when he met Nagato, but the sage side of things would still have the time limit.
I dont see kyuubi turning a new leaf anytime soon. Naruto is in control of his movements while in rikkodu mode and he needs to stay still to constantly gather sage chakra. so it doesnt work.
Maybe when naruto figures out how to transform into kyuubi like KB does into Hachibi he might be able to do it because his body would probably be completely still, acting as a medium and using his mind to stay in control. But with this rikkodu mode he has i wonder if its possible. He doesnt wear the cloak like he used to and like how KB does. So who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
For Guy he developed another 2 gates just for the hell of it.
Guy didnt develop another 2 gates, it was only 1 - the 7th gate. He hasnt opened the 8th gate yet. Anyway, it was never said that he couldnt open the 7th gate, he just hasnt needed to just yet from what we have seen. Also to be considered a master of the fighting technique that he and lee use, he would have to know how to open the 7th gate. He most likely doesnt completely know how to open the 8th gate because when you do you lose your life at the end of it. He was probably just told by his sensei "Gai to open the 8th gate you need to look deep inside yourself and be completely at peace with yourself" or something like that. It kinda makes you think that to open the 8th gate you need to beat your other self like naruto did. That would give another reason why gai sat down at the waterfall other than for comical purposes
Old 2010-08-18, 19:38   Link #40
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
Sage mode greatly enhance his....body's strength? making him harder than usual. Kyuubi probably has greater attacking power; e.g speed, power hightened senses, but doesn't have the defensive qualities sage mode had. Guess that's the downside to unlimited time compared to 5 minute bursts.
We don't know the exact difference yet. The sprained ankle is not a stupid idea, we must take into account the insane speed at which he moved, which makes the impact with anything much more harder. There are many examples in the real world:
- try to jump in water from 1 meters, or try from 100 meters, in the latter case water will feel hard like a stone
- in Formula 1 races there are different kinds of defenses on the tracks that have to slow down the cars, here the initial speed is the same and the car stops in the end, however the huge difference is in the time elapsed
- airbags in cars, they slow down the body in a much softer way than safety belts, at high speeds even the safety belt can kill you

So the problem is not only the power of impact but also the very short time given for a huge deceleration. In sage mode Naruto never reached such high speeds, so it's pointless to compare those slow movements to this case.

BTW was it anywhere stated that this is not already a combination of sage and kyuubi mode? I mean the way Naruto looks now is unique, none of the other demon hosts looked this way, maybe this is because sage mode combined with kyuubi mode looks like this. One minor reason for suspecting this is because i think that maybe Kishimoto doesn't want naruto to have frog eyes any more, frog eyes might be cool but now cool enough for his upcoming battle against Sasuke.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion