AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-31, 17:13   Link #3801
T-6000

During the Steam Summer sale I decided to get the Dawnguard DLC, since $10 was a good deal (that and I downloaded a Level Cap removal for the DLC, from the same creator of the Level Cap removal for Skyrim). I guess I waited until now to get it because Skyrim is such a big game that there was no need for getting DLC. But with the Vampire and Werewolf abilities expanded upon so much, I guess it was too tempting to pass up on. So far, I'm liking it. And I know I kinda feel a bit dirty all over, but I joined Harkon's.......oh EXCUSE me I mean *LORD* Harkon's (Garan Marethi, another resident Vampire of Lord Harkon's court, would get on my case for not "properly" addressing him and "Knowing my place".) Volkihar Clan to become a Vampire lord. And you know what? I don't regret it because being a Vampire lord is awesome! You get powerful abilities, your own skill tree, hell it feels different! I have to balance my strengths and weaknesses evenly (Managing the stages of vampirism, managing the weakness to sunlight, managing your vulnerability to fire, strengthening your Vampire Lord skills appropriately....) and it literally fells like I live a double life.

The next playthrough of SKyrim, I'll be trying out the Werewolf form. Of course, that means I'll have to do a bit of the Companions questline (and honestly, I really hate these overarrogant blowhard warriors!) so I guess I'll have to bear with those dimwitted Neanderthals until they give me the Werewolf form once I prove myself to join their little "Inner Circle".
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:53   Link #3802
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PC IGN: Bethesda Reveals Elder Scrolls Anthology

Images
ANTHOLOGY
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For those who have yet to play any Elder Scrolls game... here's your chance to get EVERYTHING, including the expansions and DLC's!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 10:32   Link #3803
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
PC IGN: Bethesda Reveals Elder Scrolls Anthology

Images
ANTHOLOGY
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For those who have yet to play any Elder Scrolls game... here's your chance to get EVERYTHING, including the expansions and DLC's!
That's not a bad deal, its basically Morrowind GotY and Oblivion GotY for $20 each and Skyrim LE for $40, plus all the pretty packaging. You can get the first two for free.
Old 2013-08-02, 13:23   Link #3804
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not to mention Arena and Daggerfall.

Ahh, if only I didn't have the latest three games. It'd be cheaper for me to buy Arena and Daggerfall on my own; I already have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim with all their expansions.
Old 2013-08-02, 15:56   Link #3805
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not to mention Arena and Daggerfall.

Ahh, if only I didn't have the latest three games. It'd be cheaper for me to buy Arena and Daggerfall on my own; I already have Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim with all their expansions.
Arena and Daggerfall are available as a free download at Bethesda's site.
Old 2013-08-02, 15:57   Link #3806
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

See? TOTALLY CHEAPER.
Old 2013-08-02, 17:17   Link #3807
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Officially starting a new character (I did like 2 weeks ago, but I had to format my laptop due to unfortunate reasons) and instead of doing an archery Bosmer, I figured I'd do a tank and spank and pick a Red Guard. It's hard to stray away from sneak, but I need to do something different so I'll probably roll Heavy Armor, but still indecisive on whether I wanna do 2H or DW or 1H + Shield.

Picked up quite a bit of recommended mods mentioned on PC gamer (top 50 mods), mostly visuals though, but I did add some armor/weapon mods (nothing to alter gameplay) to add variety in gear.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 21:56   Link #3808
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Current runthrough - I have to work really hard to keep my 2H redguard a lousy sneaker. She hates magic, sneaking, and is a terrible archer. She has a small companion Breton that does sneaking and archery, kind of a "Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser" done Skyrim style.

I'm just really used to sneak, backstab, and snipe tactics where everyone is nearly dead by the time I get to hand-to-hand. So this takes some conscious 'scream and charge' gritting of teeth. I've got the big civil war overhaul mod and plan on running her through that.

Also running a little mage-archer who survived a shipwreck to start with and choosing unusual story arcs using a pile of mods.
Old 2013-08-04, 22:57   Link #3809
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Some scary people out there. Something I just found on the nexus forums.

Quote:
I find it bit of a drag how any and all corpses always despawn. Surely most of it is necessary due to performance issues, bloating etc.

...But must even say, joinable NPCs killed inside player home be touched by this?

Is there any way(console command, small mod, anything) that makes newly killed Lydia stay with me for all eternity?:P I wanna build a creepy corpse garden type of a thing in my house. But can't!

Basically, what I'm trying to find is a mod, console command, anything that would say "Hello corpse of Lydia. Never despawn" to corpse of Lydia, without altering despawn timers of anything else.

..Or alternatively a mod that says to my Lakeview Manor " Hello House. Never have corpses despawning inside you. "

Any ideas?

It's like O_O wat?
Old 2013-08-04, 23:25   Link #3810
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

When playing Fallout 3 I sometimes want to use corpses like decorative dolls. Just, you know, make the house look lived-in. In real life people do get embalmed and stored in their family's homes, it happens.
Old 2013-08-05, 20:45   Link #3811
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

It's like O_O wat?
I have to admit my psychopath assassin leaves her victims in decorative artistic positions, the more victims at once the better. It's too bad the NPCs don't react to that sort of thing.

"Look! Someone's killed the evil orphanage woman and left her hanging upside down over the door of the orphanage!! <shriek>"
Old 2013-08-06, 03:29   Link #3812
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

It's like O_O wat?
Whoa. That's creepy. And i thought the Sex mods were bad.
Old 2013-08-06, 05:22   Link #3813
saravis

Quote:

It's like O_O wat?
Well it aint called a 'role-playing' game for nothing. What good is playing a psychopathic murderer if you can't display the fruits of your labor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
When playing Fallout 3 I sometimes want to use corpses like decorative dolls. Just, you know, make the house look lived-in. In real life people do get embalmed and stored in their family's homes, it happens.
I remember there being a specific theme for your house in the vanilla game that decorated your house with corpses and body parts. I think it was the raider theme. It was fun playing a psychopath in that game, get yourself the Deathclaw weapon and good times were to be had.
Old 2013-08-06, 12:56   Link #3814
sa547
*Author

Got back and, well, a few things I came across:
  • The author of ENB just figured out a way to break the 3.1gb memory limit, which causes most modded games to CTD or hang up. Also of late he's been updating ENB more frequently than ever before, with version 0.200 recently released.
  • Tried out Wyrmstooth and Falskaar; my beef with the former was the script errors involving the playable musical instruments and the bug with trying to return to Skyrim, and then there's no Convenient Horses support yet; the other serious issue was with Falskaar, whose quest scripting almost by the end of the main quest suddenly gone downhill with unnecessary cutscenes, teleports and other attempts at making a cinematic experience.
  • If playing with a less-than-optimal videocard, reducing textures to 1k or 512k with DDSopt increases performance and reduces VRAM consumption. Also switching the quality from Ultra to Very High or High adds up more FPS.

Quote:
With the ES saga usually open to modding, there are indeed those players who like to pick up extreme mods and roleplay as a darker character, or do something deviant that they can't/won't do IRL and get their rocks off. Behind closed and locked doors, of course.
Old 2013-08-06, 16:33   Link #3815
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wyrmstooth updated recently, however. Are you saying it still hasn't fixed that music instrument bug that murders Papyrus?
Old 2013-08-09, 09:16   Link #3816
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wyrmstooth updated recently, however. Are you saying it still hasn't fixed that music instrument bug that murders Papyrus?
I downloaded what was the current version 1.8. of the mod. Asides from the musical instrument bugs spamming my Papyrus log, it appears that trying to stay in the castle you just bought from the local EEC guy could sometimes CTD on you.

Anyway it was a good ride on those two elseworlds out of Tamriel, as I'll have to disable them now and use the gamesave I made before I installed both Wrymstooth and Falskaar.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:30   Link #3817
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm on a playtrhough, and I've put in maybe 50 hours now, I'm guessing.

I have 170,000 gold coins, and my wealth keeps going up and up.

The thing is, I have perks in speechcraft, so with five perks, I get 30% bonus in values for buying and selling, I have a perk that gives 20% bonus in values for buying and selling to members of the opposite sex, I bought an enchanted necklace that, when worn, gives another 20% bonus, and then I have a perk that allows you to find more gold in chest and a perk that allows you to have a greater chance to find special loot in chest (like enchanted armor and weapons, gem stones, jewelry, etc.).

My level 43 Nord has grills with diamonds in them. Tin bras? Pfft. She has gold in her bras. Does she wipe her butt with corn cobbs? Pfft, no! She uses silk as T.P.!
Old 2013-08-18, 23:45   Link #3818
Wigwams

2nd play through for me. this time with the 3 expansions and some cosmetic mods. Gotta love the new puzzles in the new dunmer island. unique and refreshing.
Old 2013-08-19, 00:36   Link #3819
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Starting my gazillionth playthru. New mods trying -- a new "alternative start" and a "civil war overhaul" ... (plus the usual pile of mods I've grown accustomed to).

Typically I run 3 games in parallel - one with a version of my tall lanky 2H Redguard who sneaks like an ox with an archer companion, another with a small petite Breton mage who goes through companions like disposable gloves, and a Dunmer assassin/thief/sniper type who works alone.
Old 2013-08-19, 04:13   Link #3820
sa547
*Author

Quote:
I'm on a playtrhough, and I've put in maybe 50 hours now, I'm guessing.

I have 170,000 gold coins, and my wealth keeps going up and up.

The thing is, I have perks in speechcraft, so with five perks, I get 30% bonus in values for buying and selling, I have a perk that gives 20% bonus in values for buying and selling to members of the opposite sex, I bought an enchanted necklace that, when worn, gives another 20% bonus, and then I have a perk that allows you to find more gold in chest and a perk that allows you to have a greater chance to find special loot in chest (like enchanted armor and weapons, gem stones, jewelry, etc.).

My level 43 Nord has grills with diamonds in them. Tin bras? Pfft. She has gold in her bras. Does she wipe her butt with corn cobbs? Pfft, no! She uses silk as T.P.!
I've hit lv100, and with the aforementioned perk I find more gems. The problem is that there isn't a merchant who could buy buckets of gems that I looted, and thus I decided to take only coins.

Oh, yes, somebody just made a mod that finally animates distant waterfalls, and my favorite ENB setting -- True Vision -- now updated to take advantage of ENB 0.201.

BTW, comments at the Stormlord Armor have exploded into debate about morality and politics. Wisely I prefer not to comment there, although Ulfric (in the case of my current playthrough, and good fortune) still keeps the elves alive without restriction.

Last edited by sa547; 2013-08-19 at 04:35.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim