Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-15, 16:09   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Three, the actual scene from the VN takes place as they are walking over the bridge, not in the park like in the anime.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that the Anime staff moved the scene from the bridge to...the coast for some reason, probably for dramatic effect, and moved the wreckage of the boat there too. Not altogether a problematic choice, and theoretically its even plausible for it to be there (since y'know, rivers tend to have moving water that can push things, and in the original VN it already mentioned that it was more or less just a pile of rubble from the remains of the boat that had just collected there).
Finally! Somebody answered my original question of whether or not that scene originated from the VN. Thanx man. I don’t know why VN players like Cherry Lover (and maybe some others) didn’t simply say that it’s changed from the original VN since that was the point of my question (not to mention the clear evidence that the sunken ship in F/SN anime is simply too big for it to be Kiritsugu's boat from F/Zero anime). I'm satisfied by your answer. Thanks to you, now I don’t need to have a prolonged debate about “coastal area vs estuary” .
Old 2013-07-15, 17:10   Link #82
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Right, and Caster murdering children isn't relevant to the plot of Zero...?
It was, and that's the reason many anime-only viewers found the Caster/Uryuu story weak... they skipped a lot of graphic details. To some extent that was the case with Sakura too in F/Z, and will be again in HF... even worse since the stuff that they have to cut or totally change are a big part of the main plot, not a side story.
Old 2013-07-15, 18:07   Link #83
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So when do you guys think we'll get more info?
Old 2013-07-15, 19:26   Link #84
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
My first guess would be by the time this season has finished. Does T-M usually give out some new stuff during those Comiket conventions?
Old 2013-07-15, 19:29   Link #85
GDB

I'd say a little after, probably around November.
Old 2013-07-15, 20:06   Link #86
Malkuth
Banned

the summer comiket next month is way to early for an announcement, so winter comiket (four months later) makes more sense... T-M usually is given one of largest booths there... there is always the chance that they will announce at least which games/novel/manga it will adapt on their magazine (bi-monthly, I think) or in a manga/novel adaption, if it's relevant, like they did with Illya and F/Z.
Old 2013-07-15, 21:48   Link #87
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Wasn't there a PV after the KnK 3D showing?

I' assuming we won't get a trailer until a few weeks, correct?
Old 2013-07-16, 00:44   Link #88
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I would like to see a remake of the original and branch out to the other routes.
Old 2013-07-16, 06:15   Link #89
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Wow, first the news of a second season of Psycho-Pass, now this.
Pinch me i'm dreaming.
Old 2013-07-16, 07:40   Link #90
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Wasn't there a PV after the KnK 3D showing?

I' assuming we won't get a trailer until a few weeks, correct?
Reports say the trailer was just a compilation of scenes from all three routes (likely taken from the realta nua OPs that ufotable did for the Vita release). Nothing conclusive either way.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:01   Link #91
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Well that is pretty disappointing :/.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:09   Link #92
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Finally! Somebody answered my original question of whether or not that scene originated from the VN. Thanx man. I don’t know why VN players like Cherry Lover (and maybe some others) didn’t simply say that it’s changed from the original VN since that was the point of my question (not to mention the clear evidence that the sunken ship in F/SN anime is simply too big for it to be Kiritsugu's boat from F/Zero anime). I'm satisfied by your answer. Thanks to you, now I don’t need to have a prolonged debate about “coastal area vs estuary” .
Honestly, I didn't say it because I don't remember in that much detail the location of the scene.

And, it is an estuary. That's what you call the mouth of a river....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
It was, and that's the reason many anime-only viewers found the Caster/Uryuu story weak... they skipped a lot of graphic details. To some extent that was the case with Sakura too in F/Z, and will be again in HF... even worse since the stuff that they have to cut or totally change are a big part of the main plot, not a side story.
Spoiler for HF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I would like to see a remake of the original and branch out to the other routes.
They already tried that with the original anime, and it's a large part of what is wrong with it. You simply cannot include HF in the Fate route in a remotely sensible manner, because it is just too different a story.

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2013-07-16 at 13:25.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:38   Link #93
Sasukeuzi

What if we just chucked the Fate route altogether and just combine UBW and HF? Honestly, all I liked from Fate was just the Saber vs Gilgamesh battle, just concluding the battle from F/Z. Those two routes ARE where Shirou shines the most.
Old 2013-07-16, 11:59   Link #94
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Spoiler for VN Sakura route:
I don't want to go into VN spoilers, but I disagree... it's a novel primarily, the visual part is insignificant, compared to the narration that an anime adaption has to visualize in much more detail... the best it can do is what the studio did with the 3rd Rakkyou film (the story of Asagami Fujino)... but even that will be impossible for the TV, unless the Japanese get rid of all the WW2 influences before the anime airs

Anyway, remaking the all 3 routes sounds even harder... I can only remember Yosuga no Sora that did a decent adaption, and even that totally confused the majority of foreigners
Old 2013-07-16, 12:53   Link #95
Moeterum

Where's the PV?

When will we get some news?!
Old 2013-07-16, 13:12   Link #96
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
What if we just chucked the Fate route altogether and just combine UBW and HF? Honestly, all I liked from Fate was just the Saber vs Gilgamesh battle, just concluding the battle from F/Z. Those two routes ARE where Shirou shines the most.
Again, you cannot combine HF with the other routes. It just doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
and even that totally confused the majority of foreigners
Not that I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
Where's the PV?

When will we get some news?!
In theatres. They JUST announced that this project even existed, and you want information to be flowing as if it starts next season? We'll be lucky if it starts in Fall 2014, so just calm yourself.
Old 2013-07-16, 13:15   Link #97
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

No one should be expecting the anime to come out anytime soon >.>.

When F/Z was announced it took a whole year before it aired.

Plus, imo we need more than 20 something episodes to cover HF. So it might be an even longer wait.
Old 2013-07-16, 13:25   Link #98
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukeuzi View Post
Even so, how would you make it work? Archer and Shirou are enemies in UBW, whereas in HF Shirou relies on Archer's support. Plus, Saber still has a significant role in HF.
Old 2013-07-16, 14:54   Link #99
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's not even a matter of Archer and Shirou cooperating in battle, it's about Shirou's characterization--you just can't reconcile his HF characterization with his characterization in Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, never mind the events that occur during the story. They directly clash due to the nature.
Old 2013-07-16, 15:05   Link #100
Cherry_Lover

Well, that is true to some extent, but I don't see how HF Shirou would act all that differently if placed in UBW (assuming he didn't know about Sakura) and, for that matter, I don't see UBW Shirou acting all that differently if dumped into HF (for example, I do not see him being willing to murder Sakura in cold blood). Certainly the characterisation would have to come from one route or the other (almost certainly HF, since the events of that route preclude Shirou remaining as optimistic about heroism as UBW Shirou does), but I don't think that in itself would prevent the plot of the two routes from working together.

However, Shirou's character development in HF does mean Archer has little reason to fight him, and the plot of HF and the plot of UBW are pretty much incompatible due to their differing use of the characters, so I can't see it working in any sensible manner.
Closed Thread