Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-19, 09:29   Link #2501
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I think the faction care more for Madoka than the thought of a Kyouko-Sayaka final. But in any case, this could go either way. Since Kyouko's strength is nearly the same as Sayaka, it's possible that even if the majority of the PMMM voters goes with Madoka, Kyouko could beat her with the help of the anti-PMMM voters to either spite the fandom by picking the less choice or to have a strong chance of making Watashi win it all.
As with most of the matches at this point in the tournament, the first shoe to fall down will be the first hour. That will set the stage for everything else.
Old 2013-11-19, 12:03   Link #2502
Hachiko
The Akita

Madoka has won the first hour, 33-12.
Old 2013-11-19, 12:16   Link #2503
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Madoka has won the first hour, 33-12.
That's a pretty decisive first hour win. It certainly doesn't bode well for Kyouko.
Old 2013-11-19, 12:18   Link #2504
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
That is sad. I would rather see main character win it all if kyouko loses
Old 2013-11-19, 12:56   Link #2505
ion475
にこにこにー

Continuing my "anti-Madoka"...

Pick/Predict: Kyouko.
Old 2013-11-19, 13:07   Link #2506
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's a pretty decisive first hour win. It certainly doesn't bode well for Kyouko.
Did it go like this during the Kuroneko match? But yeah, it's interseries match so it might not change.
Old 2013-11-19, 13:19   Link #2507
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Madoka
Pick- Kyouko
Old 2013-11-19, 14:51   Link #2508
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Did it go like this during the Kuroneko match? But yeah, it's interseries match so it might not change.
Madoka was leading for most of that match until the penultimate hour, when all the Madoka voters stopped voting and the HanaKana voters made their move.
Old 2013-11-20, 03:50   Link #2509
Hachiko
The Akita

89-46, Madoka still leading right now.
Old 2013-11-20, 06:26   Link #2510
Hachiko
The Akita

So with 2 1/2 hours to go...Madoka has cracked 100 on my tracker. I think she will earn a much lower vote tally this time around. The Goddess leads, 100-60.
Old 2013-11-20, 07:14   Link #2511
Team Rocket Elite

Sf2: Watashi vs Miki Sayaka

Last chance to beat the Puella Magi. While I expected Mami to be here, Sayaka is far from weak and the Puella Magi have been shown to be nearly invincible. Watashi has shown to be pretty strong and has never fallen below 52% of the votes even in multi way matches. 65% on Azuki Azusa and 59% on Toshinou Kyouko are really good performances. It's difficult to really compare Sayaka's 69% on Yoshino to Watashi's performances since Yoshino is weaker than the others. Watashi probably has a real chance at winning here but I think I'll side with the Puella Magi right to the end. Sayaka's victory will be the 20th straight win for the Puella Magi.

Vote:
Watashi

Prediction:
Miki Sayaka
Old 2013-11-20, 09:10   Link #2512
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for Too easy.:
Old 2013-11-20, 09:12   Link #2513
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Sf2: Watashi vs Miki Sayaka

Last chance to beat the Puella Magi. While I expected Mami to be here, Sayaka is far from weak and the Puella Magi have been shown to be nearly invincible. Watashi has shown to be pretty strong and has never fallen below 52% of the votes even in multi way matches. 65% on Azuki Azusa and 59% on Toshinou Kyouko are really good performances. It's difficult to really compare Sayaka's 69% on Yoshino to Watashi's performances since Yoshino is weaker than the others. Watashi probably has a real chance at winning here but I think I'll side with the Puella Magi right to the end. Sayaka's victory will be the 20th straight win for the Puella Magi.

Vote:
Watashi

Prediction:
Miki Sayaka
Last chance all right.

But regardless of who won tonight's semi-final (pending removal of votes), Watashi's still in a tight spot.

If Kyouko wins, Watashi's already low chances in the semi-finals will drop drastically, due to the prospect of a Kyouko-Sayaka final. If Madoka wins, Watashi might be able to upset Sayaka, but upset Madoka too? Very unlikely.

EDIT: Looks like the results are out... will the agony be prolonged? Or will it be cut short? The possibility of a third option is highly unlikely...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-20, 09:19   Link #2514
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Last chance all right.

But regardless of who won tonight's semi-final (pending removal of votes), Watashi's still in a tight spot.

If Kyouko wins, Watashi's already low chances in the semi-finals will drop drastically, due to the prospect of a Kyouko-Sayaka final. If Madoka wins, Watashi might be able to upset Sayaka, but upset Madoka too? Very unlikely.

EDIT: Looks like the results are out... will the agony be prolonged? Or will it be cut short? The possibility of a third option is highly unlikely...
Scoreline forthcoming. I get my results from akumaxx of the ISML forum and then I transfer it to the graphic. My blog is projecting a Madoka victory based on my findings from the tracker, but the result has to be canvassed to confirm it.
Old 2013-11-20, 09:23   Link #2515
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for graphics:
Old 2013-11-20, 09:45   Link #2516
Hachiko
The Akita

Spoiler for News:
Old 2013-11-20, 10:18   Link #2517
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, it's too bad that we've been denied an "And I'm Home" final, but I do like Madoka, so there's that for me. Congrats to Madoka!

Madoka also came in at fewer than 200 votes against Kyouko, whereas Sayaka hit much higher than that against Mami (who defeated Kyouko back in 2011). As a Sayaka fan, I'm heartened by this. I think that Sayaka may have a real chance in a possible Finals re-match against Madoka. She's still an underdog given how her 2011 match with Madoka went, but I do think an upset is possible.

The challenge for Sayaka is now clear - Defeat two pink-haired goddesses. I'm hoping that her and her blade can pull it off!
Old 2013-11-20, 10:25   Link #2518
RJ TAYLER

TODAY: Player Two you are up!
Old 2013-11-20, 11:13   Link #2519
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Ouch, there goes the "and I'm home" final. This is probably the closest it would ever approach reality... Thanks for playing, Kyouko. Congrats to Madoka.

Looks like majority of the enfranchised members of The Faction have spoken: more would like to see a potential best friend/childhood friend final rather than a possible OTP yuri final.

...or The Faction voters are attempting to give all four final stage-placing Puella Magi the experience of participating in the grand Final Match - Kyouko and Mami already did in 2011, and now the time is ripe for Madoka and Sayaka's turn. This could help explain the recent uncompetitive exit performances by both Mami and Kyouko.

As a result of Kyouko's loss today, Kyouko fans and undecided voters who might likely vote for Sayaka in the penultimate match simply because they want to see an "and I'm home" final no longer have a reason to support her anymore - this means the core Sayaka supporters have even more reason not to drop their guard against the dark horse Watashi, now the last surviving champion of the opposition.

Pick:
Sayaka Miki @ Puella Magi Madoka★Magica

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It's time to rise to the challenge.

1000th post, lol
Old 2013-11-20, 11:31   Link #2520
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for The Final Board:

Guessing...
Sayaka

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament