AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-06-10, 20:42   Link #281
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I think you might be in the minority on this one. To me she was the most memorable kid by far. She was basically the Asia I always wanted but never got.
She's only memorable because Ishibumi shove her at the fans hard. After Airi got introduced all the other children besides Ex become meaningless side characters, the worst goes to Zen and Shin who became like her lackey with zero individual characterization, and Zen was my favorite among the children. That's the main reason why i dislike her. Ishibumi expanded her so much that others get butchered just to show how different she is from Asia with her fighting.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 20:58   Link #282
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
She's only memorable because Ishibumi shove her at the fans hard. After Airi got introduced all the other children besides Ex become meaningless side characters, the worst goes to Zen and Shin who became like her lackey with zero individual characterization, and Zen was my favorite among the children. That's the main reason why i dislike her. Ishibumi expanded her so much that others get butchered just to show how different she is from Asia with her fighting.
so what you're saying is she's a marry sue? i can see that.
Old 2016-06-10, 22:00   Link #283
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
so what you're saying is she's a marry sue? i can see that.
Exactly.

Now on to a different topic, do you guys think we'll finally get to see the last few Pawns for Sona and Sairaorg now that an international Rating Game is announced.

We know Sona has 3 more Pawns and Sairaorg has 1 Mutation Pawn Piece left.
Old 2016-06-11, 05:49   Link #284
Hakai

Yeah both Airi and Ex took most of the spotlight, I guess they inherited this from their mothers

For pawns, yes I think we'll see them with international RG coming, both of them are the main 'rivals' of team Gremory so I'd expect them to get some focus in there.

Especially looking forward to Sairaorg's mutation pawn.
Old 2016-06-11, 07:25   Link #285
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I see where B214 is coming from, but I have to add that Airi was written to be the strongest of the children, IIRC, and it was also said that she's the leader. When it's just the boys, the leader is probably Ex because he's red/crimson, but when all of the combat-oriented children fight together, Airi is the leader. That might be the reason she was given more spotlight.

Anyway, about the newer discussion. I too really want to see Sona's other Pawns and getting to see Sairaorg's Mutation Pieces used would also be good.
Old 2016-06-11, 08:34   Link #286
Chichiryuushintei

Ex was just one book. Sharing screentime for all of them would just make all of them forgettable.
Old 2016-07-30, 19:46   Link #287
Wiredotaku84

My theory on how Issei could obtian light powers in the future
Issei’s Dad is at the local shrine despratly praying with all of his heart for his unborn child to be born healthy, the shrine God is moved by how much he loves his unborn child and decides to help by transfering a small dormant portion of his power to Issei in order to give him the strengh to be born.
Years later the shrine God decides to leave because of the rise of devil and fallan angel activity in the town and the shrine eventually gets sold to Rias who gives it to Akeno.
Since Issei is a human who given a smmal amount of the God for protection he reads as human to the evil pieces but since the Gods powers there it nerfs his devil power.
The small amount of Gods power eventally starts to wake up and grow under the infulence of the evil pieces, boosted gear, ophis and great red until it evolves into Crimson light.
My past theorys fell through because I over thought them and mixed up my facts so this time I wrote It down first and checked it with the facts I know of Highschool DxD to trim off the rough edges .
Wiredotaku84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 22:55   Link #288
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Will Ishi give actual names for Ise's parents?
Old 2016-09-24, 02:25   Link #289
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Will Ishi give actual names for Ise's parents?
I don't see why that's even relevant
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 18:40   Link #290
Pierre

Question I have been out of the loop since around vol 15, is the series ending because vol 22 is called graduation? Or will it just shift outside of the school.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 18:42   Link #291
Darkligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Question I have been out of the loop since around vol 15, is the series ending because vol 22 is called graduation? Or will it just shift outside of the school.
Vol 22 is not the last volume. Graduation is for Rias and Akeno
Darkligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 21:05   Link #292
B214

Not sure where to put this so i'll place it here.

I think Volume 24 will feature Rias vs Vali. The next volume most probably focuses on Koneko and Kuroka will most probably be featured along with her just like Xenovia and Irina.
Old 2017-02-23, 01:35   Link #293
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Rias vs Vali? Because Vali was excited to fight Crom? Well, I too think that Ise vs Vali should be a bit more special. Maybe Ise fights Indra...

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 05:13   Link #294
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder what would happen if Ise and Rias fight in the Cup. Ise said he'll give it his all and Kiba also said to Ise that if they have to fight, he won't hold back. I hope Ise wins, but I'm not sure if he'll really attack Rias. Dress Break? She'd nearly kill him later for the embarrassment that would bring her, though, so I hope he won't use it.

It'll mainly depend on what strategies each of the two teams brings to the table. Can Ise and Ravel come up with one good enough to beat Rias' team?

Rias and Vali, I think, can go either way. Vali is stronger than Rias (well, so is Ise, but yeah), but Rias also has Mr. Black who is likely Crom Cruach. If he's Crom Cruach, Vali will have to use DxD L against him like he did against Azi Dahaka. But again, this, too, will depend on what strategies each of them comes up with. I just hope Vali's battle maniac brain is good at coming up with strategies, too ().
Old 2017-02-23, 05:15   Link #295
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I guess Arthur(was it?) could help Vali make plans. But yeah, Ise vs Rias in the end comes down to who will make Rias retire.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-02-23, 05:34   Link #296
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I wonder what would happen if Ise and Rias fight in the Cup. Ise said he'll give it his all and Kiba also said to Ise that if they have to fight, he won't hold back. I hope Ise wins, but I'm not sure if he'll really attack Rias. Dress Break? She'd nearly kill him later for the embarrassment that would bring her, though, so I hope he won't use it.

It'll mainly depend on what strategies each of the two teams brings to the table. Can Ise and Ravel come up with one good enough to beat Rias' team?

Rias and Vali, I think, can go either way. Vali is stronger than Rias (well, so is Ise, but yeah), but Rias also has Mr. Black who is likely Crom Cruach. If he's Crom Cruach, Vali will have to use DxD L against him like he did against Azi Dahaka. But again, this, too, will depend on what strategies each of them comes up with. I just hope Vali's battle maniac brain is good at coming up with strategies, too ().
And days before the match, Grayfia and Venelana train Rias and Akeno in how to control your husband.
Old 2017-02-23, 05:50   Link #297
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So, what, it'll be a battle that mixes a serious fight with a wife trying to control her husband? Sadomasochism in the middle of a fight?
Old 2017-02-23, 06:22   Link #298
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So, what, it'll be a battle that mixes a serious fight with a wife trying to control her husband? Sadomasochism in the middle of a fight?
It'll be a repeat of the Satan Red and Grayfia situation.

Quote:
Satan Red comes forward, as if he made up his mind and stands across from Grayfia-san….he then kneels down.

“I’m sorry, it is my fault.”

--He lost!

The strongest Maou…..lost to his wife! I knew about it, but still this is.......
Replace Satan Red with Sekiryuutei, Grayfia with Rias.
Old 2017-02-23, 06:27   Link #299
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Rias won't stop Ise from fighting. She has her pride. She would be offended if Ise didn't attack her with all his strength and that is when she would become Grayfia and the situation would get interesting.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-02-23, 06:33   Link #300
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's exactly what he means, though? He's just using that quote as an example of a time when Grayfia was able to control and overwhelm Sirzechs. Sirzechs is stronger, but he still fears his wife. I can see the same thing happen with Ise and Rias. Still, I just hope the fight in the Cup won't show that.