AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: What Was Your Favorite Episode Of Suzumiya Haruhi
Episode 1 21 7.58%
Episode 2 11 3.97%
Episode 3 1 0.36%
Episode 4 5 1.81%
Episode 5 5 1.81%
Episode 6 4 1.44%
Episode 7 1 0.36%
Episode 8 0 0%
Episode 9 16 5.78%
Episode 10 42 15.16%
Episode 11 24 8.66%
Episode 12 86 31.05%
Episode 13 5 1.81%
Episode 14 56 20.22%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-10, 21:08   Link #141
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, first of the new episodes in 2009. Also the second story of book 3, The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-10, 21:26   Link #142
Little Buster
Punkish...Regulary

I've got a tie between Live Alive and Someday in the Rain. But Disappearance shall rain supreme when it comes out!
Old 2010-02-26, 15:32   Link #143
Daizu
Magatsu Daizu

Send a message via MSN to Daizu
The Day of Sagittarius, the one where the Computer Research Society tries to get their computers back and then an epic battle ensues in a computer game. Was epic. *nod*
Old 2010-02-26, 16:44   Link #144
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Live Alive. Kyon actually gets some time to himself. Koizumi plays in Rosencranz and Guilderstern Are Dead. Epic concert. Haruhi actually acts like she cares about other people.

Marked the point where I really started to love Haruhi as a character.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2010-02-27, 15:51   Link #145
Bri

Someday in the Rain Ep 28.

This one had it all for me. The directing was spot on. The mood and atmosphere was perfect for the final episode of the season. The little inside jokes. The unspoken understanding between Haruhi and Kyon at the end.
Old 2010-02-27, 16:03   Link #146
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Most definitely Live alive, for best use of insert song. Watching the 2nd season bumps it up a notch in retrospect, otherwise it'd be too close of a call between Melancholy IV, Day of Sagittarius, and Live alive.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-02-28, 04:29   Link #147
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Is it weird to say that 'The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00' ties with 'The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi' and 'Mystérique Sign' for my favorite episode? I loved the jokes in 'Adventures', especially Kyon's narration and the movie so bad it's funny. 'Boredom' has Yuki playing baseball. Enough said. And for 'Sign', just one word. 'Fumoffu!'

Still looking out for someone who lists their favorite episode as 'Endless Eight'
Old 2010-02-28, 04:36   Link #148
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... You only caught the Fumoffu? He shouted "Second Raid!" with the other attack.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2010-02-28, 04:53   Link #149
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... You only caught the Fumoffu? He shouted "Second Raid!" with the other attack.
'Fumoffu!' was the one I didn't understand at first because it sounded random and I had no idea of the reference. 'Second Raid' I thought was some fancy name for a second attack, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

Besides, the seiyuus for Haruhi love saying 'Fumoffu!'. Just ask Daisuke Ono at Gekisou
Old 2010-02-28, 11:34   Link #150
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Still looking out for someone who lists their favorite episode as 'Endless Eight'
Actually, I kind of think they might be my favorite. Dunno, really, and I don't like the end for #7 with all that exaggerated "do something kyon!" crap with the cinematics. But out of them all, I can't say that any of the first 14 are a favorite, because my enjoyment of those episodes really relies on the other ones.

But Endless Eight is what got me to watch Haruhi in the first place. I probably wouldn't have touched the series, or else put it off for much longer, if Endless Eight hadn't been done.
Old 2010-03-01, 11:18   Link #151
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Actually, I kind of think they might be my favorite. Dunno, really, and I don't like the end for #7 with all that exaggerated "do something kyon!" crap with the cinematics. But out of them all, I can't say that any of the first 14 are a favorite, because my enjoyment of those episodes really relies on the other ones.

But Endless Eight is what got me to watch Haruhi in the first place. I probably wouldn't have touched the series, or else put it off for much longer, if Endless Eight hadn't been done.
I watched Endless Eight first too! The very first one was amazing to me and I'll never forget the joy I got from watching it. Did you follow through with Endless Eight though? Because I didn't, I went back to BLR and then on to Season 1 (or as people call it, the 2006 version). Sadly, I haven't finished Endless Eight on a marathon yet, but I aim to do so by the end of this year!
Old 2010-03-01, 13:16   Link #152
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I watched Endless Eight first too! The very first one was amazing to me and I'll never forget the joy I got from watching it. Did you follow through with Endless Eight though? Because I didn't, I went back to BLR and then on to Season 1 (or as people call it, the 2006 version). Sadly, I haven't finished Endless Eight on a marathon yet, but I aim to do so by the end of this year!
No, what happened is that I saw people talking about/bitching about Endless Eight and I went "oooh, what's this? time loop and almost-but-not-quite identical episodes? awesome!" and looked Haruhi up on TVTropes. Suddenly the article looked much more interesting and I saw where the original episodes were aired achronologically and I went "whoa, even more intriguting" and after a visit to Wikipedia to find out the order, I watched the 2006 episodes in the original order, and then the 2009 ones. It was Endless Eight that made me want to watch the series, but it wasn't what I saw first. I'm big on starting at the beginning of any series I attempt.
Old 2010-03-01, 23:35   Link #153
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I watched it cos I remember a friend going "SQUEE IT'S THE BEST EVAR" so I went and watched it. Then I recommended them Clannad. (Y)
Old 2010-03-01, 23:57   Link #154
OkamiNoKaze

I got into the series mostly on my own, except for seeing an avatar of the infamous dance on some random site, and decided to check it out one day, on a whim
Old 2010-03-02, 00:18   Link #155
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I got into the series because of Mega Man. This really isn't the place for this, though.
Old 2010-03-02, 01:08   Link #156
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

That is the WEIRDEST reason for getting into an anime ever.

O_O
Old 2010-03-02, 04:23   Link #157
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I got into the series because of Mega Man. This really isn't the place for this, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post

That is the WEIRDEST reason for getting into an anime ever.

O_O
Megaman sprites dancing to Hare Hare Yukai.

My favorite episode is the baseball episode. I was intrigued by the unconventional way it involved characters that had not been introduced yet. It's the episode I show to folks when I want to introduce them to the Haruhi series.
Old 2010-03-02, 05:46   Link #158
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah he sent me that youtube link through a PM XD
Old 2010-03-02, 08:26   Link #159
s07195
However,

Is the poll for chronological or TV order?
Old 2010-03-23, 06:36   Link #160
Trilobiteer
Not an ordinary human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Is the poll for chronological or TV order?
From what I can tell/went on, its the original screening order.