AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 11:27   Link #981
Solafighter
Hige

It just snowed today, so it's time to rewatch one of the best anime titles ever, for the 5th time(or 6th? I forgot). When i watched Mushi-Shi the first time, it was also winter. Somehow, Im connecting animes with the season, I watched them the first time. Am I the only one?...
Old 2012-12-02, 17:51   Link #982
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
It just snowed today, so it's time to rewatch one of the best anime titles ever, for the 5th time(or 6th? I forgot). When i watched Mushi-Shi the first time, it was also winter. Somehow, Im connecting animes with the season, I watched them the first time. Am I the only one?...
I visited one of bigger national parks near Tokyo, visited Matsumoto, a small city smack in the middle of the Japanese Alps, and visited the Shirakawa village, famed for its distinctive gassho-zukuri thatched-roof houses — I went to these places and a few more because I was inspired by Mushishi. I wanted particularly to be up in a rural mountain area (or an approximation of it), and I wasn't disappointed.

I don't necessarily associate anime with actual seasons (because there is no spring, summer, autumn or winter in tropical Singapore), but I do very much associate some anime with a mood and the places I wanted to visit. Is that close enough?

In any case, I expect you'll be watching Ep3, Tender Horns. Ep23, The Sound of Rust, also had a strong winter theme, as did Ep15, Pretense of Spring.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 11:13   Link #983
Solafighter
Hige

Interesting. I have been in the Japanese alps, Matsumoto and Shirakawa-go by myself this summer. But then, i was more connected to other animes, which are taking place in these areas.
Old 2013-10-23, 04:21   Link #984
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Two-part special manga story announced (November and December releases) and a "top-secret project" to be revealed then. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up too much, but...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 04:26   Link #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Two-part special manga story announced (November and December releases) and a "top-secret project" to be revealed then. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up too much, but...
Can't be helped. My hopes already off the charts.
340.29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 09:36   Link #986
Solafighter
Hige

^Same. --------------
Old 2013-11-20, 11:41   Link #987
Dop
Mmmm....

ANN: "Yuki Urushibara's upcoming two-chapter manga for her Mushishi series is getting a one-hour anime adaptation on January 4.

Hiroshi Nagahama is returning to direct the Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen: Hihamukage (Mushishi Special: Sun-Eating Shade) project at animation studio Artland. Yoshihiko Umakoshi is also returning to serve as character designer and chief animation director.

The anime special will air on January 4 at 11:30 p.m. on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11."

Excellent!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 13:14   Link #988
Solafighter
Hige

Outstanding!
Old 2013-11-20, 18:20   Link #989
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Am I the only one a little disappointed by this? It's great to get any new Mushishi, of course, but this was about the least we could have expected in the announcement - I really thought they might finish adapting the manga itself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 21:45   Link #990
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Should we rule that out though? There could still be a 2nd season announced later on. I'm just glad we're getting any Mushi-shi at all.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 20:07   Link #991
Vito
Asshole.

"PV" http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18dqyq
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 09:42   Link #992
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I am watching first half of Mushishi. honestly i didnt found it exciting or "amazing"

for not I enjoy Kino journey which have similar feeling with Mushishi. my problem is story of Mushishi is bit bland. the theme is nice exploring human emotion and personality. but it hardly offer anything groudbreaking new that other anime have. at same time the story is predictable. the presentation is nice and all that. but seem bit to sterile.

compare to Kino journey. Kino explore different idea of human civilization. sometimes is standard "normal village". most of the time it explore interesting idea of how human create civilization. at same time offer twist that reflect reality of that idea. Mushishi did similar. but the twist is pretty much predictable for most of the time.

basically I dont what make this anime "amazing". did I watch it wrong way or It simply not for me

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 06:28   Link #993
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

finished second half

much better than first half. mainly because better mushi lore. how the coexist with human around it. bring happiness and misery. also with much more interesting "patient" some of them are directly connected to Ginko himself.. Also I like some info on how mushishi actually working.

that said my opinion from first half remain unchanged. thought it slightly more interesting now since they broaden the topic instead to commonly discussed one. not sure if I want to watch S2. is it better than S1?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 06:57   Link #994
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

S2 is more of the same. If you didn't like the first season much, you won't like this one either.

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural