AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-19, 12:13   Link #1
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Juushin Enbu - Hero Tales

Based on the manga by Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) this is a historical shonen action anime airing October 7th on TV-Tokyo. Here's the plot from Lazypedia...

Quote:
A period piece, Jyushin Enbu features Taitou, a young man who hates the empire that rules at the time, with his sister Laila as they learn of a mysterious power Taitou holds, unbeknownst to him. Taitou is the incarnation of a mysterious star that grants him a huge amount of power that he has yet to fully master. Joining them is Ryuukou, who has power similar to Taitou, just more honed.
The characters should look awfully familiar to anyone who's seen FMA. Taitou (Kenichi Suzumura) is very Ed-like, albeit with a blue ponytail instead of a blonde one, and Keirou (Banjou Ginga) looks just like Pride/Wrath. That aside I do like these designs and Arakawa seems to give her characters bags of personality.

For some reason I think this could be HUGE. Perhaps not FMA huge, but still huge. Maybe it's because it's based on Hiromu Arakawa's manga or maybe just because it looks like being a decent shonen fightofest from the trailer. Animation looks good, but I'm slightly concerned that Studio Flag are doing the animation production, and this'll be their first go at such a project. The rest of the staff seem experienced enough, though they're not household names admittedly. Although Tamiya Terashima (Gedo Senki) is doing the music, which is a bonus.

Anyway I'm interested if anyone's read the manga. Is it as good as FMA or not, or what?

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-04-30 at 03:23.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:21   Link #2
Same_Shark

I'm definately waiting on this one. I hope the company doesn't screw it up though. As for it being close to FMA, not at all. The story isn't even Arakawa's. They're very different from eachother in too many ways.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 17:28   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im a huge Hiromu Arakawa fangirl so anything she does Ill try. The characters are very FMA in style but meh, that isnt gonna bother me. Im really hoping this is good since I do love FMA so much, Id love to see anything else done by her, do well
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 14:45   Link #4
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I'm definately waiting on this one. I hope the company doesn't screw it up though. As for it being close to FMA, not at all. The story isn't even Arakawa's. They're very different from eachother in too many ways.
I know it's not her original concept, but I thought she must have creative control over the plotting and such...

Anyhoo, here's the PV from Comiket PV's been killed, anyway it confirmed that the show is produced/promoted/sold by Media Factory(MFI). So no subs will appear on Animesuki.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-09-17 at 17:18.
Old 2007-09-17, 17:13   Link #5
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I'm interested in the boy with the bow and bandana. He kinda reminds me of Yafuri from Black Blood Brothers.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 18:39   Link #6
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
FMA was my favorite anime and manga of all time, so I'll look forward to this one, I guess its worth checking this out
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 07:24   Link #7
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Here's a decent (for a cam job) TGS trailer for the DS game of Juushin Enbu. It says 'cinematic cut-scenes' but I'm pretty certain this is all taken from the anime (it includes scenes from the anime trailer). Anyway what it gives is a lengthy (and slightly spoilerific) view at the action from the anime; the first episode probably. Some of it is pretty decent, especially the fight with Fuhrer King Bradley Keirou.

It also serves as a good intro to the characters, in case you're lost with all the names and what not.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-09-22 at 07:53.
Old 2007-09-23, 09:35   Link #8
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Thank you!
Old 2007-09-23, 10:19   Link #9
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I've read the manga (got interested to read it because it's a work by Arakawa-sama)

And honestly, FMA is still a hell lot better than this one ^^;

But, it's stll pretty interesting, despite of its too many similarities to the FMA characters.

And besides, Kenichi Suzumura, the one who voice many of my favorite characters, is voicing Taitou . . .. so I've gotta check it out xD hehe
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 12:27   Link #10
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I'v never seen FMA and I don't eve intend to, but for some reason this one catchs my attention. Maybe because it's like a shonen version of Fushigi Yuugi? (Warriors with special markings)
Old 2007-09-24, 05:50   Link #11
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

The official site for the DS game is up.
http://www.d3p.co.jp/jyushin/
Old 2007-09-28, 11:19   Link #12
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

There's a couple of new videos are up on the website. The 15s commercial gives us a little snippet of the OP from Beat Crusaders (they did the Bleach 4th OP apparently).
Old 2007-10-07, 12:45   Link #13
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I think the series is supposed to premire today, I think.
Old 2007-10-07, 13:08   Link #14
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

It's just aired I think. Here's some screenshots leeched of 2chan ( I hate going there these days, I need to go wash now)...

Spoiler for ep 1 screenshots:

Seems a little darker than I expected. Maybe. Looks pretty solid though. Looking forward to the raw...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-10-07 at 13:19.
Old 2007-10-07, 18:59   Link #15
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Ohh, thank you. I had been waiting for the blogs.
Old 2007-10-07, 19:11   Link #16
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

It was actually a pretty impressive first episode. A lot better animated than the promos seemed to indicate. It still reeks of generic RPG like a thirteen day old dead mule, but I can forgive it if it keeps having interesting and welldone fights.

OP
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 19:17   Link #17
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
It was actually a pretty impressive first episode. A lot better animated than the promos seemed to indicate. It still reeks of generic RPG like a thirteen day old dead mule, but I can forgive it if it keeps having interesting and welldone fights.

OP
pretty good song looks good to me
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 19:24   Link #18
kiseki_gurl
:.:A2M Staff Member:.:

WOW. MAJOR DEVIATIONS FROM THE MANGA ALERT.

Spoiler for Stuff In the Manga:

Anyways, I was shocked because I expected a frame-by-frame adaptation. Guess not. Animation is a definite plus and I do like how they're making this darker than the manga. The manga was so bland and stereotypical I couldn't stand it. We'll see how this goes. I heard that FMA mangaka had quite a bit of say in the anime adaptation.
kiseki_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 19:45   Link #19
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Hmm, is the blue haired girl his sister, or a possible love interest??

I'm hoping for the latter, although I thought I read the first.

OP looks good, but not that fond of the song. It isn't bad, but I just didn't think much of it. Maybe it'll grow on me.
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 19:47   Link #20
kiseki_gurl
:.:A2M Staff Member:.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
Hmm, is the blue haired girl his sister, or a possible love interest??
I can assure you she is his sister .
kiseki_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote