AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 08:49   Link #1981
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

...after the saga with first gen, i daresay neither you nor I want to find out in detail what.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 08:56   Link #1982
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
...after the saga with first gen, i daresay neither you nor I want to find out in detail what.
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-02-13, 08:58   Link #1983
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Spoiler for Response:

Spoiler for Response:
Sorry guys/gals I believe you got it wrong.
I believe I wrote arc class/level not an arc itself.
The Enhanced Armament they were testing was at par with a real arc the only difference is it's size.
I wonder what would happen if they infest the questioned Enhanced Armament with a ISS kit especially with it's new ability.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 09:01   Link #1984
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
The Enhanced Armament they were testing was at par with a real arc the only difference is it's size.
I wonder what would happen if they infest the questioned Enhanced Armament with a ISS kit especially with it's new ability.
You mean, author just threw it more Seven arcs? The most powerful Enhanced Armaments in AW have friends?

Unless that is the case, then maybe he simply meant high-level drops or rare drops, maybe on the level of Star Caster. Unless....
Old 2013-02-13, 09:02   Link #1985
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Spoiler for I see...:

@tusjecht You are referring to Niko, right?
Old 2013-02-13, 10:06   Link #1986
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Chinese AW Wiki translation

orpheus2 requested I translate the chinese wiki section 加速世界角色列表 (Accel World Characters and Info) Some spoilers for other characters, but for now I'll TL the NN members first, unless you guys want the other character's spoilers.

NN is the heaviest section by far. Posting Haru first. Also, the sentences appear short and blunt because it's the writing style in chinese, a few words give all the info you need. So they're direct translations, 'almost' word for word. Flow isn't my focus here.

Spoiler for Chinese Wiki Haru:

My thoughts

What a wall of text, both english and chinese. Take your time to read, a lot of info has already been summarised on this thread but to new guys who just read the discussions, you'll benefit.

Seasoned veterans, be patient, a lot of the spoilers have already been spoiled by Flere and those with jap volumes already. A quick scan through the rest of the page shows some even I don't know, so well, um..

I'll do KYH next if there's no specific requests, and only after I clear a couple pages of V11 chapter 1.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-02-28 at 01:32. Reason: finally remembered the line.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:26   Link #1987
tuckersister

wait, what happened to the battle between Current and Array?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 11:35   Link #1988
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
That's is when Vol.12 ends, the continuation is in Vol.13, which isn't translated into Chinese (yet), thus wiki stops there.
Old 2013-02-13, 11:49   Link #1989
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Current showed up shooting ice bullets at Array (stage is ice affinity), and warned Array, a level 8, will be losing a lot of points by losing to Current, a level 1. My guess is that the stage was in battle royale mode for this to happen.

And yes, the volume stops there.
Old 2013-02-13, 16:29   Link #1990
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
orpheus2 requested I translate the chinese wiki section 加速世界角色列表 (Accel World Characters and Info) Some spoilers for other characters, but for now I'll TL the NN members first, unless you guys want the other character's spoilers.

NN is the heaviest section by far. Posting Haru first. Also, the sentences appear short and blunt because it's the writing style in chinese, a few words give all the info you need. So they're direct translations, 'almost' word for word. Flow isn't my focus here.

My thoughts

What a wall of text, both english and chinese. Take your time to read, a lot of info has already been summarised on this thread but to new guys who just read the discussions, you'll benefit.

Seasoned veterans, be patient, a lot of the spoilers have already been spoiled by Flere and those with jap volumes already. A quick scan through the rest of the page shows some even I don't know, so well, um..

I'll do KYH next if there's no specific requests, and only after I clear a couple pages of V11 chapter 1.
He was tricked into becoming the head of the Fitness Club!? Why would someone go to such lengths to make HIM head and did it have any impact on his fitness?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:16   Link #1991
Flere821
Lurker

@Tusjecht: "曾多次被拓武吐槽“受年长女性欢迎”" untranslatable? That's only if you're ONLY using a translating program >.> As someone that can speak Chinese, that phrase translates into "Taku have snarked many times that (Haru) is popular with older women".
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
He was tricked into becoming the head of the Fitness Club!? Why would someone go to such lengths to make HIM head and did it have any impact on his fitness?
Another mistranslation: it's not the fitness club, it's the "饲育委员会", basically a club that looks after small animals.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:24   Link #1992
garf02

Quote:
That in fact, does sound like their plan. Tricking - or forcing - the forced retrieval of The Destiny and Star Caster, putting together the two on Wolfram, and then suitably NTR-ing him in some way.

...I do not want to fight such a thing. Flame Breath, Wire Hook, sword skills, high speed aviation (does he keep that?), Laser Sword, Laser Lance, HP Drain, Attack prediction, most resistant colour against Physical strikes, and three heads. I have said it, I will say it again. Fight this thing, I. Do. Not. Want.
I dont think I keeps Laser Sword and Lance, those are IS skills, but then armour will do keep aviation skill, also Wolfram has 3 skills, 1st is the physical damage cancellation, other is eat a body part, and copy the skill, the time of the skill lasts is proporcional to how much he ate, and we still need to see the skill of CIII
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:22   Link #1993
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:

My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
@Tusjecht: "曾多次被拓武吐槽“受年长女性欢迎”" untranslatable? That's only if you're ONLY using a translating program >.> As someone that can speak Chinese, that phrase translates into "Taku have snarked many times that (Haru) is popular with older women".

Another mistranslation: it's not the fitness club, it's the "饲育委员会", basically a club that looks after small animals.
Thank you to both of you. Now, we know how Haru met AM. I am guessing KYH and Fuuko were the ones who tricked him.
Old 2013-02-13, 21:14   Link #1994
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
The sticker were the words '吐槽' which I have never seen before, neither did my dictionary have anything on them. Do you mean you are a native chinese literate?

Quote:
Ah, I see, thanks!
Old 2013-02-13, 21:53   Link #1995
Tri-ring

Quote:
Thank you to both of you. Now, we know how Haru met AM. I am guessing KYH and Fuuko were the ones who tricked him.
Spoiler for Reason to be appointed:

As for the school pet it is an owl that required a new home.

Quote:
Spoiler for The result:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 08:19   Link #1996
garf02

for the interested, updated the AW chart
Spoiler for Chart...is big:
Old 2013-02-14, 10:35   Link #1997
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
for the interested, updated the AW chart
..."Penis drill-kun."

>my sides

Not that I've not seen him before, but I never referred him as that, I always thought that was an arm attachment.
Old 2013-02-14, 12:38   Link #1998
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Lack of Fuuka in a bikini WHAT IS THIS OVA?! WHAT IS THIS! So I'll give you this instead. http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...49122&page=top
Old 2013-02-14, 18:00   Link #1999
garf02

Quote:
..."Penis drill-kun."

>my sides
The avatar was a 100% eastern Egg for /a/

the Drill, and the fact that he has 1 arm way bigger than the other one, and /a/ being /a/, we came to the conclusion that he was an avatar made of a sexual frustated kid.

also given by the info we had, we concluded that all /a/ would be around yellow color avatars

thsoe 2 fact combined, make him un- officially, the official /a/ Duel Avatar, and so on they came up with the name : Penis-Drill kun (together with many jokes about drilling niko and Rain)
Old 2013-02-14, 19:28   Link #2000
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
The sticker were the words '吐槽' which I have never seen before, neither did my dictionary have anything on them. Do you mean you are a native chinese literate?
Yeah, I'm a native speaker of Chinese. Though that's not really the issue considering whenever the 'snark' situation pop up in Chinese (fan) translations of LNs (eg, Kyon's reactions in Haruhi LNs) the words '吐槽' are used. I have no idea what the proper Chinese translation for Snark is, '吐槽' is generally accepted as meaning that despite it being slang.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality