AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 21:28   Link #701
Lummie

^ the more moments Index appears, the less fun the novel will mean to me.
Old 2009-10-19, 21:32   Link #702
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I hope vol 19 will be a kickass vol novel since it seems it will cover the science side this time(probably with the absence of Touma though from the ending of vol 18). Hope Mikoto will be involved this time along with the rest of level 5.
Old 2009-10-19, 21:42   Link #703
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
^ the more moments Index appears, the less fun the novel will mean to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I hope vol 19 will be a kickass vol novel since it seems it will cover the science side this time(probably with the absence of Touma though from the ending of vol 18). Hope Mikoto will be involved this time along with the rest of level 5.
Well until now it features Accelerator
Old 2009-10-20, 05:22   Link #704
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, yes. As much as I don't hate Accelerator, his character is not that interesting for me. Plus, he's the strongest esper that not even 3rd strongest can touch. Now that no 2 strongest has been defeated, how can the others hope to match him -_-". That's why I'm hoping for the other level 5+Mikoto and less Accelarator in vol 19.

For those who hate Index, the main heroine in this series is still technically her. And also, everything that happen to Touma in magic side is caused directly or indirectly by her so it's normal for her to have more importance in the story because without her, there will be no story in the magic side. I also doesn't like Index that much, but I understand that she is a very important character if only as a plot device and it's normal for her to appear more often as the plot thickens. What I really hope though is a full-scale war between science side and magic side. It will be interesting to see battles between espers and magic(Touma and co. can be a neutral 3rd party or something).
Old 2009-10-20, 05:29   Link #705
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Well, yes. As much as I don't hate Accelerator, his character is not that interesting for me. Plus, he's the strongest esper that not even 3rd strongest can touch. Now that no 2 strongest has been defeated, how can the others hope to match him -_-".
It seems he is going to fight against a Lv0 who is able to beat a Lv5 esper. It would be entertaining to see Lv0 are Accelerator's natural enemies :P
Old 2009-10-20, 08:22   Link #706
Shiki Nanaya

Thanks for the reply you guys

LOL at Touma for having a date with the three sisters at once, but is it really a date? I can't imagine Mikoto letting it go so easily even though its her clones that are her rivals. Still I had hoped that Mikoto actually sees Kaori Kanzaki with Touma, now that would be a sight to see! IMO Kaori is a LV.5 in Touma's harem lol. I mean it's one thing for Mikoto to be jealous with Index and her sisters, which IMO Mikoto still stands a great chance, but with Kaori? I can't imagine how she would react.

So to my knowledge, Mikoto's only knows so far of Touma's harem is only her sisters, Index, LO (does she actually have a crush on Touma? or was she just teasing her sister in that date?), and Itsuwa. Is that correct? I had hoped that she would've known about Aisa by now, seeing as that girl showed up early in the series. So she still doesn't know the other girls in Touma's harem , like Kaori, the class president (forgot her name), the loli teacher (forgot her name as well), and the other new girls. No wonder, Mikoto can't confess .

@Nayrael:
Oh that certainly peaks my curiosity, because from what I read from wikipedia, asides from Touma, there is another LV.0 that beat a LV.5 right? I certainly think that LV.0 are the strongest, why? Their power is too mysterious, too strong, and too irregular. The fact that they cannot classify the individual's power alone speaks for itself. While those usual arrogant LV.5, thinks they are the best based on how their powers were measured, not knowing that there are irregulars or exceptions to the norm that they can beat the strongest. If you can take out the justice talk from Touma in his fight with Accelerator, that battle was the best for me, not because of the action scenes, but because of the concept that the LV.0 "known as the weakest" can beat a LV.5 "the strongest lvl."

It goes to show that perhaps true power and potential can't be measured alone by mere numbers. It's sort of my philosophy too lol, because now a days you as an individual are measured by numbers: by grades, by evaluation, and even your intellect is measured (IQ) - which I truly think are mere estimates that doesn't even touch the surface of an individual's true potential.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:28   Link #707
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

actually, the other level 0 is more interesting than Touma since he doesn't have any mysterious skill at all. I doubt he can defeat accelarator though >.<(the only reason Touma manage to beat accelerator is his mysterious hand).
Old 2009-10-20, 09:25   Link #708
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
actually, the other level 0 is more interesting than Touma since he doesn't have any mysterious skill at all. I doubt he can defeat accelarator though >.<(the only reason Touma manage to beat accelerator is his mysterious hand).
Thats why it is so interesting: maybe he finds a way of how to beat him. If he does, then I really want to see how he managed to do that.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:36   Link #709
Miraluka
Banned

I really want to know how he defeated the fourth lvl.5.
Old 2009-10-20, 21:35   Link #710
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The militaries of the world are taking a good hard look at their pet projects as recently nobodies are taking down their trumps!
Old 2009-10-22, 07:38   Link #711
tsunade666

The 4th meltdown though it doesn't have much info on how she got beaten despite her claim that without her limiter her meltdown is stronger than railgun. The only reason she has limiter is because its too powerful even herself can get injured on it.

As for the date. With the 3 sisters. From mikoto to imouto and lastly LO.

Its bad luck purely if mikoto see touma because she always through lightning at him. Specially when mikoto see imouto and touma together and when imouto hug touma's hand.
I can't remember the volts but its more than million or billion of volts. Thanks to his imagine breaker his still alive and believe me its not from his enemies that are truly scary. The one will bite him to death while the other will run down lightning on him........... poor guy.

About the meeting of itsuwa and touma and then barging a railgun soccer ball. ( thats what I think )
Spoiler:

Really poor guy its a good thing his the same as a certain glasses guy that I know that always end up flying with a punch but still lives to see the day.

And about the exchange of loli's between accelerator and touma. Its funny while reading it. While they are near each other they still didn't meet again. hehehe funny circumstances.

Then here's a question if I remember it right touma and accelerator will be fighting some mage I think though not sure on this. I think its vol 13. Did they meet again?

And about vol 19. I can't wait for it to be released and a summary will be the best. But still I haven't read a good summary for vol 18 and theirs the vol 19 already.
Well seeing accelerator fight with a gun.................... I can't imagine the face of the enemy. And is it really the level 0 guy will be fighting accelerator or are they teaming up?

And even if accelerator did awaken it still didn't change the fact that his injury is incurable. its a permanent damage that the only thing that allows him to become an esper again is thanks to the misaka network and it only runs for 15 mins max. and then low bat.

and I want 2nd season already. biribiri is fine but I love most is itsuwa better than biribiri and I want to see her in animation. Though railgun is fun too.

And as for index being not useful. Yap I agree she is useless and she's only their for the magic side to continue the story. The time that magic and science collide will be the time that index is not needed and I will be to happy that I will bleed to death. Really she's no need. A big stomach loli is no fun even though I love loli she's not interesting unlike LO. Which is fun.

As for my wish still a good summary for vol 18 is well appreciated.
Its just that their are to few spoilers for vol 18 for me to understand on what happening their. And also how did it ended up for vol 19 to start with the science side.

As for the science side being the main character is accelerator. I like it better than mikoto. His more like the dark hero of the story and its fun seeing on how he gruesomely murder his enemy.

EDIT: I forgot level 0 aren't really useless take tsushimikado for example that sunglasses guy is also level 0 and has the ability to heal or is it self regeneration to the point he resurrect himself after self destructing due to his magic. So being level 0 doesn't really mean that they really didn't have an ability. Its more like a mystery to me.

As for accelerator being the only one who's untouchable on the level 5. Well that one makes sense specially if his default settings is his "reflect" that bounce every attack back to the opponent. Within the 7 level 5 his the only one that can make it. And the only one that can really hurt him is touma which cancels it. And the 2nd in the 7 level 5 though theirs not much summary on their battle and info on his ability dark matter. Well that's before right now even a kid can beat him up. hehehe specially that he has time limit. But still the 15 mins is enough to kill the enemy. His still the strongest among the Esper while his on Esper mode.

I wish a second season...................

Last edited by tsunade666; 2009-10-22 at 07:51.
Old 2009-10-22, 09:18   Link #712
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I asked this in the Q&A but nobody answered it so i'll just post it here.
Spoiler for Question about the 17th & 18th novel:
Old 2009-10-22, 20:54   Link #713
sasuke706

To me, Level 0's don't strike me as 'powerful' at all. From my understanding, a Level 0 is someone who has went through the Esper curriculum to gain an ability (I wonder if someone who hasn't gone through the curriculum is still called a Level 0, or just normal), but their abilities are unable to be measured with their tools or it's just at a low enough level to not make any noticeable changes. Measuring a specific thing is easier than general, like Mikoto's electricity is easy to measure, while measuring slight increase or decrease in particle acceleration wouldn't quite be as easy. The reason Touma's a Level 0 is probably because there isn't a basis to measure his ability with.

Also, does anyone know what happens with the candy chicks that Imouto leaves with Touma? She quite clearly said she'd beat him to death and there's no way Index wouldn't eat them.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2009-10-23 at 04:06.
Old 2009-10-22, 21:15   Link #714
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Or because he has no supernatural ability.
Old 2009-10-23, 01:40   Link #715
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Or because he has no supernatural ability.
I don't know that the ability to stop supernatural abilities from working is not supernatural.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-10-23, 02:19   Link #716
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Maybe Supernaturals are powerless against Naturals full of themselves!
Old 2009-10-23, 04:38   Link #717
LockeManuel

He hasn't an ability, it's only a magic hand XD
Old 2009-10-23, 08:27   Link #718
tsunade666

magic and super hand . That's why its both and the same time its nothing.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:33   Link #719
Miraluka
Banned

I think that Touma right hand(or his existence) has a power beyond the supernatural, magic, etc.
Old 2009-10-23, 09:59   Link #720
LockeManuel

Maybe is the God's hand... Or Devil's?

Just kidding
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen