AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-28, 16:52   Link #1061
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
hi, i'm a begginer in gundam models. i was looking for internet shops, but only found in the us or japan. i was wondering if there are some shops in europe (i'm from slovakia), since with my friend we want to buy models, bandai original ones. if there aren't, where do you think is better to buy? i was looking at hlj.com, but the shipping is quite expensive >_>
edit: i almost forgot, hlj.com had a MG nu Gundam, but now there isn't available anymore. is bandai re-releasing a new MG version, like the zeta MG ver.2 ?
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 00:01   Link #1062
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
Nu MG v2.0 :s donno I really dont want that, the only shops in Euro I have passed by before are in UK and they were damn expensive, I would pay high shipping for hlj or who ever japanese or HK website rather than paying high priced items and having a similar shipping cost later...
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 02:16   Link #1063
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardel
hi, i'm a begginer in gundam models. i was looking for internet shops, but only found in the us or japan. i was wondering if there are some shops in europe (i'm from slovakia), since with my friend we want to buy models, bandai original ones. if there aren't, where do you think is better to buy? i was looking at hlj.com, but the shipping is quite expensive >_>
edit: i almost forgot, hlj.com had a MG nu Gundam, but now there isn't available anymore. is bandai re-releasing a new MG version, like the zeta MG ver.2 ?
Bandai produces them in batches, so don't worry, it's certainly not discontinued.

And regarding stores in Europe who sells Gundam models I'm afraid we're in quite a bad situation, friend. There are some here in Sweden, but they only ship locally. Archonia has a very small selection, which used to be bigger but they seem to only be emptying their stock and then never expanding again. They do have the PG Mk. II Titans...

I use HLJ the most, since they have decent prices and fast delivery, no problems at all so far for me.

Also, why must the boomerang on IJ's shield be so incredibly huuuuuge? It looks more like an MSIA ^^.

And you still have to remove the head to tilt the backpack - that's just silly ^^.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 04:06   Link #1064
dardel
Gold Saint of Aries

Send a message via ICQ to dardel Send a message via MSN to dardel
hm well, looks like we'll have to use hlj too. i was wondering, if bandai's snap together models are difficult. you know, if i have to start with HG models or if i could choose a MG too, since i want the zeta gundammodel, but PG looks hard. so i want to order the MG zeta ver.2 (and the MG nu, but it's not available anymore ), but still don't know if it's hard for a begginer (my friend wants the MG freedom gundam)
dardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 05:12   Link #1065
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Bandai produces them in batches, so don't worry, it's certainly not discontinued.

And regarding stores in Europe who sells Gundam models I'm afraid we're in quite a bad situation, friend. There are some here in Sweden, but they only ship locally. Archonia has a very small selection, which used to be bigger but they seem to only be emptying their stock and then never expanding again. They do have the PG Mk. II Titans...

I use HLJ the most, since they have decent prices and fast delivery, no problems at all so far for me.
http://www.gundammad.co.uk/

They're also a Europe based Gundam store.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 06:37   Link #1066
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
http://www.gundammad.co.uk/

They're also a Europe based Gundam store.
Yeah, but they only accept orders from UK-based costumers.
Old 2006-04-29, 07:15   Link #1067
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardel
hm well, looks like we'll have to use hlj too. i was wondering, if bandai's snap together models are difficult. you know, if i have to start with HG models or if i could choose a MG too, since i want the zeta gundammodel, but PG looks hard. so i want to order the MG zeta ver.2 (and the MG nu, but it's not available anymore ), but still don't know if it's hard for a begginer (my friend wants the MG freedom gundam)
I'll tell you something verry simple, as you pay more price on a model it'll be more complex to assemble where it goes difficult as follows:

1. nonscale 1/144
2. HG1/144 & 1/100 same level
3. MG1/100 & 1/60 same level
4. PG1/60

this is reguardless the painting and any extras
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 09:18   Link #1068
Orochinagi

Check this out!!!

A super heavily modded 1/60 strike freedom lightning edition done by some amazing guy... I think its also PG grade now...

http://wonderexcellence.big-site.com.../sfle/sfle.htm
Orochinagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 09:48   Link #1069
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochinagi
A super heavily modded 1/60 strike freedom lightning edition done by some amazing guy... I think its also PG grade now...

wow, now that is almost on par with that other modded strike freedom,
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 11:11   Link #1070
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Can anyone tell me how to use Humbrol Maskol? I want to use it to do some masking but I'm not quite sure how to apply and remove it.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 11:26   Link #1071
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Quote:

How is it possible to make the Gold so nicee? Is that just paint?
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 11:59   Link #1072
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:

See, that is the way to make SF look acceptable - remove the unnecessary bulk, remodel the torso to match Freedom's more, remodel the head and make the gold not as prominent. The wings still look too spread when they're spread out. I still dislike the silly fold-out engines in the legs, but it doesn't pose with them folded out so it's of no consequence - and the legs are posed correctly, too, so they dont' look fat. Of course, the 1/60 does have considerably thinner and longer legs when compared to the 1/100...

Though I'm still going to have my Destiny run SF through with a sword if I buy one, out of pure principle.
Old 2006-04-29, 15:41   Link #1073
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Now that is one sweet ass strike freedom i would buy that off the guy.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 15:45   Link #1074
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB

I disagree with the 1/60's (non-PG) being as difficult as a Master Grade, with the exception of the Strike Freedom. The 1/60's are just scaled up 1/100's with a bit of extra fluff added on, so I don't think a 1/60 is any more difficult. In fact, it maight even be easier since painting larger areas is much simpler.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 16:39   Link #1075
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:

That is one spoiled kit. The guy used some parts from the PG Mk-II, fingers from the PG Wing Zero, palms from the MG Sazabi, joints from the MG GM Kai, just to name a FEW not including the other things he corporated. That comes to about 50,000 yen on just the kits.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 21:39   Link #1076
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
hey hey i have a question for y'alll.... you know there's two akatsuki released from GSD.... but what are the differences..?! O_________o???
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 22:19   Link #1077
InuKun
Coordinator

Send a message via MSN to InuKun
Quote:
hey hey i have a question for y'alll.... you know there's two akatsuki released from GSD.... but what are the differences..?! O_________o???
The packs on the back of it, other than that the frame should be the same.

Owashi Akatsuki

Shiranui Akatsuki
InuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 22:22   Link #1078
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
so correct me if i'm wrong.... Owashi is equipped with two guns near the chest and was when Cagalli was using the akatsuki and Shiranui is equipped with dragoons and was when Mwu was using the akatsuki?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 22:55   Link #1079
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

yep, thats right
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 23:25   Link #1080
infested_ysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB
I'll tell you something verry simple, as you pay more price on a model it'll be more complex to assemble where it goes difficult as follows:

1. nonscale 1/144
4. PG1/60

this is reguardless the painting and any extras
I think the whole "model level x" thing the American market tries to push is bullshit. You don't need any l33t hax0r skills to assemble an accurately moulded gunpla. You just cut out parts from the tree, maybe trim/sand the excess then snap-fit it with another part, as indicated by the manual.

As the kit grade goes up, there's more parts to be cut/trimmed/snap fit'd. Nothing more. You're essentially doing the same thing.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy