AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-07, 20:01   Link #121
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was wondering if the censorship was in the manga too. Your posts gave me the answer. The censorship totally ruined the scene. It's so odd they would censor this too, it feels like they're being super careful with this show, what with the big disclaimers at the beginning and everything.
copyrights are serious things in Japan, although it is not a crime in itself, but if the individual decides to sue, he or she can make a lot of money, I remember that in Pop Team EPIC they did the same thing also with Totoro.

Gintama devotes an episode just about it, lol

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2018-09-07 at 20:13.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 22:07   Link #122
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
I was wondering if the censorship was in the manga too. Your posts gave me the answer. The censorship totally ruined the scene. It's so odd they would censor this too, it feels like they're being super careful with this show, what with the big disclaimers at the beginning and everything.
Nope it wasn't censored at all in the manga. You can actually just google "grand blue evangelion" to see the images.

The censorship really blew up the humor of the scene and I was pretty disappointed cause I was looking forward to it.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 02:49   Link #123
4th Dimension

Which to me makes it wierder that they decided to keep these chapters. Both of them are pretty inconsequential, and the big joke in the second one can't be done due to censorship. Just go to Okinawa allready!

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 04:25   Link #124
Chosen_Hero

I personally think that the censorship made that scene even funnier.
Old 2018-09-08, 05:19   Link #125
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
me too, I did not see the slightest problem, it's not like it was a censorship because of violence or sensuality, it was just copyrights.
Old 2018-09-08, 09:26   Link #126
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

That's why Gintama is head and shoulders above any comedy anime out there.
Old 2018-09-08, 09:56   Link #127
LG-MAX 2.o

Gintama has done enough of this, though.

And wow, 9 incredible episodes and now so much complaint for some mosaics, if only it were a censorship that affected history, like changing beer for orange juice, would be another story. this happened in Gintama in one episode, it happened in Pop Team Epic and even in Houzuki no Reitetsu.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2018-09-08 at 10:15.
Old 2018-09-08, 12:52   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's not a very good example. Gintama is made by Sunrise so they totally could have gotten away with using the Gundam, and they in fact did show Zaku and Gundam faces in later episodes. The censorship was done on purpose. Gintama got away with a ton of shit without any censorship, one example similar to the plugsuits was having the characters dressed up like Saint Seiya's bronze saints in an ED. Or even better very recently, one character was dressed up like Eva's unit 1 and they even used music from the show.

I'm pretty sure Genshiken had an episode with the girls dressed in Eva plugsuits, too. Probably plenty of examples of that in other anime that I don't remember.

I just don't get why the manga could get away with it and not the anime. It's so innocuous too. I'm starting to think the director thought it was funny to censor them this heavily.
Old 2018-09-08, 13:47   Link #129
SeaDoor

Quote:
...The censorship totally ruined the scene. It's so odd they would censor this too,...
Even pixelated it was pretty obvious what those suits were if you've ever watched Eva.

Also, Sleepoff Vodka.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 13:57   Link #130
Wandering Soul

Are we absolutely sure the censorship wasn't the director's idea of a joke? Because I actually thought that might be the case when I watched the episode.
Old 2018-09-08, 14:55   Link #131
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
That's not a very good example. Gintama is made by Sunrise so they totally could have gotten away with using the Gundam, and they in fact did show Zaku and Gundam faces in later episodes. The censorship was done on purpose. Gintama got away with a ton of shit without any censorship, one example similar to the plugsuits was having the characters dressed up like Saint Seiya's bronze saints in an ED. Or even better very recently, one character was dressed up like Eva's unit 1 and they even used music from the show.

I'm pretty sure Genshiken had an episode with the girls dressed in Eva plugsuits, too. Probably plenty of examples of that in other anime that I don't remember.

I just don't get why the manga could get away with it and not the anime. It's so innocuous too. I'm starting to think the director thought it was funny to censor them this heavily.
one would have to understand the companies behind each media to understand the process, perhaps the censorship in the episode was intended for comedy, or is this impossible?

And even if you did not like the Gintama example, there's still the Pop Team Epic where Totoro appeared. But as someone said, even with the pixel, anyone would understand what that clothing meant, so I do not understand why so much confusion about this case.
Old 2018-09-10, 00:16   Link #132
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I have hard time to remember Okinawa arc

then I saw the preview where Iori slept with Nanaka and Azusa... oh yeah it happened

I don't have anything against the censorship. it's understandable... and it's still funny just like when I read it in manga
because the funny point is Kohei's reaction after all.. his VA did a superb job
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 04:01   Link #133
The 48th Ronin

I'm pretty sure the censorship worked both ways, it adds to the comedy and avoids Gainax suing their asses.

That aside, that next episode preview was hilarious.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 08:47   Link #134
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I also thought it was funnier because of the censorship.
Old 2018-09-10, 08:59   Link #135
grecefar

I would've love to see those two with the eva suits without censorship but it was funny still so...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 17:05   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, an episode almost entirely about diving. And boobs. But mostly diving.

Not sure what Iori is doing wrong. I didn't notice any glaring mistake.
Old 2018-09-14, 17:39   Link #137
4th Dimension

It's mostly him not clearing the mask properly, loosing grip on his regulator and having issues with the buoyancy. Basically he messed up pretty much all of the exercises.

Old 2018-09-14, 19:13   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
It's mostly him not clearing the mask properly, loosing grip on his regulator and having issues with the buoyancy. Basically he messed up pretty much all of the exercises.
But Aina messed up some of them too, like the purging of the regulator or when she had to use Iori's spare regulator (that one was just her being flustered having to touch him though). You can't expect them to get everything right on the first try.
Old 2018-09-14, 23:14   Link #139
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

not really.. Iori is panicking a lot since he is not used to the water

I think we just learn a new studying method... sleeping between two hot onee-san
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 11:56   Link #140
4th Dimension

Well they are trying to get a license. Meaning that they are at least basically capable underwater.
Capable of performing basic tasks. Such as maintaining bouyancy, not drowning if a bit of water gets into your regulator, saving another diver, and maintaining your mask. Pretty basic stuff.

It's just that this is like 2nd time Iori was in the sea.

On the other hand Kouhei who is also a beginner is acing this.

Tags
deep sea diving