AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-09-14, 01:35   Link #3821
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Everyone's all fixated on the shadow guys and Momo vs. Kendou, but I'm honestly more interested in that mushroom girl than anything.... she kinda strikes me as the fungus version of Tsuyu, heh. Maybe invisible girl will take her on....?
I'm actually curious what Fukidashi (the walking speech bubble) is capable of. Based on his given name (Manga), the name of his quirk (Comic) as well as his costume (a comic page as a mask and a suit shaped like ink bottles), my guess is that it has something to do with drawing
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-14, 13:53   Link #3822
LevelSeven

Now after Blacks power-reveal im only wanting to see what Manga can do alongside that other girl, i dont even care about the outcome, there are no stakes in this fights anyway so im just watching out for the powers and possible supermoves.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 06:16   Link #3823
amasposu

The mushroom girl is cute.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 06:48   Link #3824
marvelB

Nice, the mushroom girl finally makes her move! Also, I rather liked Tokoyami's flashback of his training with Hawks. It's a simple, but effective new ability for our dark birdman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
I'm actually curious what Fukidashi (the walking speech bubble) is capable of. Based on his given name (Manga), the name of his quirk (Comic) as well as his costume (a comic page as a mask and a suit shaped like ink bottles), my guess is that it has something to do with drawing
Yeah, I forgot to mention it earlier, I'm interested in the speech bubble guy, as well.. Maybe he has some sort of 4th wall breaking ability?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 07:27   Link #3825
Hakai

"because we're both birds"

The flashback was sweet. Nice to see Tokoyami's potential being acknowledged.

I don't know what to say about mushroom for now...
Old 2018-09-20, 08:11   Link #3826
Twi

Tokoyami's power continues to get awesome.
Old 2018-09-20, 08:27   Link #3827
Random14

Nice to see more of Hawks (his seemingly casual side as well as his more serious side). Its always good to see all the kids are continuing to grow in strength (we only get occasional hints, but I'm always interested in seeing how strong Tokoyami is), but I wonder how many plans each side has. Both Yaoyorozu and Kendo are very smart, but with so many quirks involved, well, you never know what might happen.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 11:23   Link #3828
Wandering Soul

Black Fallen Angel= Dark Shadow basically just carrying Tokoyami while it flys.

Leave to it a chunni to come up with such a title for something so mundane.
Old 2018-09-20, 11:24   Link #3829
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm really liking this fight. It's coming down to a battle of wits between Momo and Kendo. Kendo might have an edge, since she most likely knows more about her opponents' quirks than Momo does.

Tokoyami's new ability was simple but cool. Flying is one of the most awesome power.
Old 2018-09-20, 12:04   Link #3830
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Momo's leadership is improving... like it
Tokoyami is the best team player you could ever get... he could do something that you never expect.. and of course with full-chuuni ability name

that mushroom girl is bad news... I hope it won't be a disgusting ability
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 03:31   Link #3831
~Yami~

Spoiler for new chapter:
Old 2018-09-28, 04:01   Link #3832
Random14

That was early on, after her character development during their semester exams (where she was partnered with Todoroki) she's much more decisive now (after she got over her confidence issues mostly). When the villains attacked the training camp she decided to put that tracker on the noumu, then she did fine during the license test (which the anime just adapted).

Well, Yaoyorozu's reputation works for and against her. Kendo's come up with several good plans, but I think Yaoyorozu is probably more adaptive/reactive. I'm not sure I would count out the rest of her team yet either. And yay, its the 200th chapter.

Last edited by Random14; 2018-09-28 at 04:20.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 05:14   Link #3833
marvelB

Ah yes, congrats to Horikoshi for 200 chapters!

Anyhoo, interesting ability the manga kid's got there..... it actually seems kinda OP (just look at how his words created a humid environment!). Also, I wonder if there's more to the mushroom girl's quirk than just growing mushrooms.... I'm not exactly expecting any Super Mario stuff, but still, heh. Anyway, it's been a good while since we've seen some action from Momo.... it's time to kick some ass, girl!
Old 2018-09-28, 09:38   Link #3834
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yes, seems to me that Kendo is the heavy plotter type, that makes the perfect plans but has a more rigid approach and Momo eventually became the adapter type, pretty much adapting the plan based on how the events unfold.

That said, I predict 1-A will lose this match in the end. They are really outgunned here. That manga kid has an insane power (probably has a major drawback too) and that mushroom is an effective support.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 12:37   Link #3835
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Ah yes, congrats to Horikoshi for 200 chapters!

Anyhoo, interesting ability the manga kid's got there..... it actually seems kinda OP (just look at how his words created a humid environment!). Also, I wonder if there's more to the mushroom girl's quirk than just growing mushrooms.... I'm not exactly expecting any Super Mario stuff, but still, heh. Anyway, it's been a good while since we've seen some action from Momo.... it's time to kick some ass, girl!
The mushrooms can hinder your movement, so even as is, it's not a bad ability. It rendered Hagakure's invisibility useless too.

Manga's ability seems familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen it. Probably Jojo or Hunter x Hunter.
Old 2018-09-28, 12:50   Link #3836
Wandering Soul

Momo may beat Kendo head on, but I'm pretty sure B class will take this round. Class A doesn't have much of a counter to the mushroom and Manga kids.
Old 2018-09-28, 12:54   Link #3837
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Manga's ability seems familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen it. Probably Jojo or Hunter x Hunter.
Now that you mention it, I am reminded of the Echoes stand from Jojo part 4, which was also a sound/onomatopoeia-based ability. The manga guy's version of the power seems stronger, though....
Old 2018-09-28, 13:11   Link #3838
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I am reminded of the Echoes stand from Jojo part 4, which was also a sound/onomatopoeia-based ability. The manga guy's version of the power seems stronger, though....
Right, Echoes of course! I can't believe I didn't remember it on my own.
Old 2018-09-28, 13:26   Link #3839
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Levy McGarden from Fairy Tail uses Solid Script which is similar but even more versatile.

Last edited by Starshipw; 2018-09-28 at 13:37.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 08:49   Link #3840
~Yami~

Spoiler for new chapter:

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot