AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2013-10-17, 10:43   Link #41
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I don't have the third Fleet slot unlocked yet, so the 2nd fleet is pulling double-duty as both the Expedition go-tos and a quick way to build up experience for my ships without throwing them into 1-2 or 1-3. Kind of works, but with a CL involved the fuel consumption spikes a bit.
Old 2013-10-17, 10:43   Link #42
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Suprisingly, Kadokawa don't make much money from Kancolle's in game transactions. There was news about that earlier about how they make very little money after paying DMM for their server and hosting fees.

Goods sales on the other hand, should make a fortune for them.

Back on topic - I've finally unlocked that 3rd fleet. What else is good besides the 5 DD 1 CL formation?
Betcha all the money comes from the merchandise instead. I must say the game is pretty loose in term of money grabbing, since the only thing I bought are 2 docks for bath expanding for my girls, and I am doing fine.

Regarding expedition, I think this chart will be helpful. I think you can figure it out, but in case it's not clear, the left column are resource gain for each expedition, and the right column are hourly resource gain, in case you want to farm. Just meet the minimum requirement for expedition.

Old 2013-10-17, 10:48   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I don't have the third Fleet slot unlocked yet, so the 2nd fleet is pulling double-duty as both the Expedition go-tos and a quick way to build up experience for my ships without throwing them into 1-2 or 1-3. Kind of works, but with a CL involved the fuel consumption spikes a bit.
To be really honest, I never used expeditions as exp booster, because really, the gain is too meager for that (and it is just unpractical for anything that isn't a destroyer).

Just put ships you want to grind as your flagship during the pvp session. You can also grind them this way with 2-1 and 2-2 without any risk, unless your main fleet is already struggling there.
For example, I didn't mind bringing fresh Shimakaze or Hiei as a flagship in 2-2 and they could get a hefty amount of exp, even without MVP. That's better than just 90 exp per hour which is barely worth a 1-x map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Betcha all the money comes from the merchandise instead. I must say the game is pretty loose in term of money grabbing, since the only thing I bought are 2 docks for bath expanding for my girls, and I am doing fine.
If anything, Kancolle is too generous in such aspect: the only "essential" stuff you have to spend on are the 2 extra repair docks. That aside, there is nothing worth buying (hell, even instant build and instant repair are grindable without much a hassle).
Not surprising they already have GSC and Max factory for the figures, even though the game is live for a little more than 6 months.
Old 2013-10-17, 10:54   Link #44
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Just put ships you want to grind as your flagship during the pvp session. You can also grind them this way with 2-1 and 2-2 without any risk, unless your main fleet is already struggling there.
They are. A single node in 2-1 will literally reduce my main fleet to yellow and red, and that's WITH Akagi and Yamashirou, my heaviest hitters right now. It's simply not sustainable.
Old 2013-10-17, 10:55   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They are. A single node in 2-1 will literally reduce my main fleet to yellow and red, and that's WITH Akagi and Yamashirou, my heaviest hitters right now.
What's the level of your ships and their equipment? As far as it goes, I wouldn't try grinding them if your average ship lvl isn't at least lvl20. Lvl15 is borderline, and you are open to crit festival, especially Akagi.
Assuming you are still higher than lvl20, it is likely the usual "curse" with Akagi and Fusou sisters, considering they have the knack of being crit magnets.

At this point of the game, grinding one of the chitose sisters for the mini sub would help a lot, if you have either Kitakami or Ooi.
Old 2013-10-17, 10:55   Link #46
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Only use expedition for grinding your DD...
If you want to grind other type of ship get them to 2-1 or 2-2 with main fleet.
DD will be shining of world 3 where they are many submarine laying around.

Quote:
They are. A single node in 2-1 will literally reduce my main fleet to yellow and red, and that's WITH Akagi and Yamashirou, my heaviest hitters right now. It's simply not sustainable.
Bring only your decent CA or CL for grinding another ship as the repair time wont hurt your progress.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 11:08   Link #47
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I don't have a ship above level 15 at this point, just a whole lot of level 10s and 6s, so yes, World 2 can and WILL kick my fleets arse. Heck, World 1-4 still regularly does it too, and I've actually lost my first Yubari to that place.
Old 2013-10-17, 11:18   Link #48
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Never mind about the lost.
It will serve as a reminder to take care of your kanmusu.
On another note. There is a guy on another forum who just got Kongou and then she sinked in her first sortie.

Anyway...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-17, 11:40   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't have a ship above level 15 at this point, just a whole lot of level 10s and 6s, so yes, World 2 can and WILL kick my fleets arse. Heck, World 1-4 still regularly does it too, and I've actually lost my first Yubari to that place.
That's way too underleveled, indeed.
You really better start forming a CL and CA fleet, preferably Isuzu, Kitakami Ooi for the former, and Atago/Takao and Maya for the later.
Most destroyers at this point of the game aren't exactly interesting, although grinding Hibiki and Yudachi will be a good investment in the long term.
Old 2013-10-17, 11:55   Link #50
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
If anything, Kancolle is too generous in such aspect: the only "essential" stuff you have to spend on are the 2 extra repair docks. That aside, there is nothing worth buying (hell, even instant build and instant repair are grindable without much a hassle).
Not surprising they already have GSC and Max factory for the figures, even though the game is live for a little more than 6 months.
There are some room decorations that I can't buy because I need some "labor"/whatever it is that cost 300 golds each, so I think most of purchasing will be from that. I was aiming for a 9000 silver tea set and just realize I can't buy it with silver alone after saving up .
Old 2013-10-17, 12:39   Link #51
Rias

I'm always having trouble with metal... the repair + ship building cost already takes a chunk out, then there's the occasional remodel event...

Even doing all the easy daily quests, I find myself easily spending all the metal resource. Maybe I have to stop sending out the expensive battleships and carriers...
Old 2013-10-17, 13:04   Link #52
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Short-term goals right now is to get Chiyoda and Isuzu to 12 for remodeling, then get the rest of the fleet to level 10. After that, well, try and find Sendai so I can unlock the 3rd fleet already.
Old 2013-10-17, 19:46   Link #53
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Short-term goals right now is to get Chiyoda and Isuzu to 12 for remodeling, then get the rest of the fleet to level 10. After that, well, try and find Sendai so I can unlock the 3rd fleet already.
Try to get Chiyoda to lv 15, since after that she's becoming much better as a CVL.
Old 2013-10-18, 10:08   Link #54
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I dunno, I'm actually looking at keeping Chiyoda as a sub tender instead, if only to keep costs down.

And yeah, 2-1 is kicking my fleets' arses. I think its due to the fact that the end nodes always end up having carriers that are in Diamond Formation, which makes them strong against other carrier attacks.
Old 2013-10-18, 10:17   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Try to get Chiyoda to lv 15, since after that she's becoming much better as a CVL.
Quote:
I dunno, I'm actually looking at keeping Chiyoda as a sub tender instead, if only to keep costs down.
I would keep Chiyoda and Chitose as Sea carrier. Not only because the fuel and ammo cost are lower, but every other CL are better than these 2, so remodelling them into CL has little purpose on the long term.
Old 2013-10-18, 10:55   Link #56
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

That's always been the plan. Plus Type-A Midget subs for everyone!
Old 2013-10-18, 12:47   Link #57
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I found they are not that bad, and my Chiyoda is already at lv 38, aside from the repairing time, her cost for repairing/resupply is much lower than the usual CV, and she still manages to pack a punch.
Old 2013-10-18, 16:36   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ losing the ability to use a torpedo hurts a lot... although Kitakami and Ooi are on heavy duty for that. Regardless of the direction chosen, they will be benched sooner or later considering the carriers available.

By the way, considering the rumors going strong recently, I suggest admirals to keep at least a Shigure, just in case. After how beefed up Yudachi became with her Kai 2 form, Shigure Kai 2 might be really interesting on the long run.
Old 2013-10-18, 17:42   Link #59
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well Chitose sister are only good until you get Kaga, Zuikaku and Shokaku. You will know their difference.

Anyway just manage to cruise pass world 2-4 using 5BB + 1CV. Finally after 20++ sortie and thousand resources spent on bath time.
Old 2013-10-19, 08:14   Link #60
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Irony: I now have all 4 of the Myouko-class heavy cruisers for their quest... except without Sendai, I can't even get their quest until the 3 Sendai-class Light Cruiser quest has been completed. oTL

Also apparently DMM won't allow me to register my credit card (I wanted to buy points to get extra dock slots)... Actually it won't let me register either of my credit cards, which is strange, as far as I know Mastercards and Visas have the same formats EVERYWHERE. And yet the error message that keeps popping up? Invalid card number format. o_O

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls