AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-03, 10:58   Link #1121
Vicious108

Great chapter, mostly because it feels like, no, it's literally been years since the last time a HxH chapter focused entirely on great characters whom I actually care about, like Hisoka, Killua and Illumi. After years stuck in that Ant limbo where I couldn't give a crap about the majority of the characters involved, it feels really nice and nostalgic to finally be able to read about the characters that made HxH for me after so long.

The new chairman election is a mixed bag so far though. Couldn't really grasp much of what was going on in there in this chapter, so hopefully they'll go somewhere more interesting with it soon. It's kind of beginning to drag a little.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:10   Link #1122
christinemarie
Crazy One

I'm glad that Alluka is really is a girl after reading chapter 323, it's just his brothers have no idea she has another personality in the form of a boy since most of the time this is the personality that shows up whenever they are around, it would only mean both Alluka and Yami Alluka (feels to call this personality by adding Yami) don't like or never trusted anyone except Killua, she might trust Gon. Illumi is just hilarious to ask Hisoka for help
Spoiler for What Hisoka can do?:

Spoiler for How to save both Alluka and Gon which resides in Killua's mind:

Spoiler for Investigative Result:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:21   Link #1123
Serp
Moving along....

I'm sure that Alluka still has some abilities that might not be known to everyone at this point since no explanation has been given about the "other" inside Alluka. I'm pretty sure that that "thing's" pestering might revolve around a mood or something because of the faces represented on Alluka's head band and beads. If you notice on the previous chapter the faces of the "other" after a pestering isn't always a smile. I wonder if it is a seperate entity in itself and not a nen ability? Well...maybe nen but more like the Ghostwriter ability that Lucifer stole.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 02:27   Link #1124
DSDSSDWE
Blah

As some have mentioned: the missing link between Alluka and Parison is most likely Gon.

Parison is keeping an eye on him because he wants/wanted to use it as a chip against Ging, one of his (biggest) obstacles.

It's safe to assume he knows the seriousness of Gon's condition and, just like Illumi has concluded, that it requires nothing short of a miracle to heal Gon.

When Gon is healed, Parison will definitely know of it. Then he'll also know there is something out there with the ability to do miracle healings and/or the ability to revert a person back to a previous condition or something else entirely (and capable of doing the previous 2 miraculous feats).

Miracle healings don't win elections (unless you're called Jesus, then you'll be elected to king of the universe), but certainly something out there with the latter two abilities is more than interesting enough.

He'll definitely have a chance to speak to both Gon and Killua without Ging kicking his ass: neither of them voted.

Of course, this could totally be a 180 degree turn for everyone: Ging will know the exact same thing. What will he do? Maybe it's Ging that everyone needs to watch out for. Ging is one of the strongest hunters in the HxH universe, how can he not feel threatened by someone with Alluka's ability? This is the guy who dumped his kid to achieve his dream of becoming completely free. You think he's going to let someone live that has to ability to kill him with just a sentence? After this arc, Alluka's ability will definitely be gone. Whether Alluka will still be alive after that, who knows?

As for Killua's latest revelation: I actually took that as "there are some requests that are from Alluka and not from that other thing, so they don't count". Of course, this should have been easy to snuff out with a lot of experiments like what the Zoldicks did. Unless it's only to Killua that the real Alluka reveals herself. That could explain why "die for me" doesn't work: it was a request from Alluka and not the other thing. Killua doesn't need to (and obviously didn't) fulfill that request because it was simply the real Alluka playing around with her big brother.

This chapter also explains why "the other" Alluka never requests anything from the Zoldicks family that could get them killed: because Alluka herself would die if one of her family members fails to fulfill the real requests. There's no way the real Alluka would have known this, so it's the other thing that's consciously preventing her from making real requests from her family. Of course, if this is true, then it kind of torpedoes my previous theory about the real Alluka's requests not being binding: if the real Alluka can make requests without activating this ability, there wouldn't have been a need for this "other" to prevent Alluka from making requests from her family. Hmmm...

Last edited by DSDSSDWE; 2011-11-05 at 02:46. Reason: I like Alluka as a girl more, so from now on I'll refer to her as a female.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:54   Link #1125
marvelB

Edit: Nevermind, it's fake.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-11-08 at 12:30.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 11:56   Link #1126
kakakka

Wow thanks for the pics.

Looking forward to that.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by kakakka; 2011-11-07 at 12:09.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 13:41   Link #1127
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Anyone know how Killua actually words the wish?
Old 2011-11-07, 14:09   Link #1128
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Anyone know how Killua actually words the wish?
Spoiler:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:12   Link #1129
Xion Valkyrie

If this was a monkey paw type situation, Gon would get turned into a baby or something.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:17   Link #1130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Before going crazy over those pics, be aware they are likely fake. They come from an unknown source and somebody on 2chan noticed the bottom panel of the first pic is taken straight from a previous chapter.

Edit: yup, it's fake.
Old 2011-11-08, 12:33   Link #1131
marvelB

^Yeah, I found out about that yesterday, but didn't have enough time to post about it. Nonetheless, I edited my previous post in order to eliminate any more confusion. Still, too bad.... those pics actually looked pretty convincing.
Old 2011-11-09, 07:17   Link #1132
mrShady

Crap. It got me exited.

I did see some other images which look more real.
Dunno if this is allowed:
Spoiler for spoiler image:
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 08:53   Link #1133
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

^ that looks like netero + "the old hag who transforms into a gorilla" after they perform a fusion dance.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 08:57   Link #1134
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Yea saw the spoiler pics (above + another 2 more), from what i can deduce from those pics

Spoiler for urm:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 10:42   Link #1135
marvelB

Yeah, from what I found, the summary for the real spoiler goes like this:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-09, 18:26   Link #1136
christinemarie
Crazy One

This is getting interesting, with Alluka clinging to her big brother plus the two powerful butlers for some reason reminds me of Eri's butler and maid, from School Rumble, I hope everything turns okay.
By the way, Alluka Zoldyck ranked second in the top ten manga girls with Momo Devilluke leading the top. I see Togashi using her to boost Hunter x Hunter is a huge plus. Now if she is voiced by Aoi Yuuki, that would be great if the current Hunter x Hunter series extends up to "Election Arc/Save Gon/Alluka" arc.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 19:40   Link #1137
Xion Valkyrie

It really goes to show how popular HxH is. Even with such a long-ass hiatus and a not so popular arc, a newly introduced 'ambiguous' character can rank so high on a popularity poll.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 08:55   Link #1138
kakakka

There's a note in the spoilers. I can't read it, but is it note for another break? Or is it Togashi just confirming Alluka's gender?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 09:13   Link #1139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
There's a note in the spoilers. I can't read it, but is it note for another break? Or is it Togashi just confirming Alluka's gender?
Breaks are announced at the end of a chapter, not in the author's comments corner. No clue what he's talking about, but I'm sure it's a break.

Speaking of which, last week, he mentioned how impressed he was by an animated gif of HxH he saw, referring to either this one or that one (credit to Dofla for the info).

Alluka is indeed very popular. Tons of fanarts of her on pixiv already!

Old 2011-11-10, 09:29   Link #1140
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ One of them has Alluka and Killua in a rather suggestive...

...Anyway, I'm curious to see what sort of fanart there could be of when Alluka is... (how do I put this?)... ready to grant a wish?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain