AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 12:19   Link #1861
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Second part of Madman's release is April 17, 2013.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 19:07   Link #1862
Kudryavka

I hope they will put previews on Youtube? I can't wait to hear what their dub sounds like!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 07:47   Link #1863
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I hope they will put previews on Youtube? I can't wait to hear what their dub sounds like!
It's sub only
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 09:04   Link #1864
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
It's sub only
In a way that is very good.

I wonder if subs when America gets it. Dub would change too many things (like when Nano cracks a joke about American jokes being outrageously dumb, that will definitely be changed).

I also hope no one ever translates "Selamat Tinggal" as "I got on by myself" like Crunchyroll did. I can't even begin to fathom why and how they did that, selamat tinggal doesn't even sound like Japanese so I guess they just "interpreted the scene" and slapped some random line on there. There were quite a few times where Crunchy failed hard, my Japanese is mediocre and even I could tell, so it was probably even more stuff I didn't find.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:38   Link #1865
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
In a way that is very good.

I wonder if subs when America gets it. Dub would change too many things (like when Nano cracks a joke about American jokes being outrageously dumb, that will definitely be changed).

I also hope no one ever translates "Selamat Tinggal" as "I got on by myself" like Crunchyroll did. I can't even begin to fathom why and how they did that, selamat tinggal doesn't even sound like Japanese so I guess they just "interpreted the scene" and slapped some random line on there. There were quite a few times where Crunchy failed hard, my Japanese is mediocre and even I could tell, so it was probably even more stuff I didn't find.
It didn't even need to be translated, since the whole point was that Yuuko could speak (or at least, greet people in) a different language.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:44   Link #1866
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
It didn't even need to be translated, since the whole point was that Yuuko could speak (or at least, greet people in) a different language.
Exactly, and they did that for the times when she says Selamat Pagi, which makes it even more outrageous that they didn't just put Selamat Tinggal to match.

Doesn't Crunchy get the original scripts to use to translate? Even if they don't the way she pronounced the "ti" perfectly should have been a huge hint.

To be fair, afaik Crunchy has the best subs out for Nichijou. Some other groups (no names because I think it's against the rules) did horrendous speedsubs to try and beat Crunchy to the finish line.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-22 at 13:31.
Old 2013-02-22, 06:39   Link #1867
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Exactly, and they did that for the times when she says Salamat Pagi, which makes it even more outrageous that they didn't just put Salamat Tinggal to match.

Doesn't Crunchy get the original scripts to use to translate? Even if they don't the way she pronounced the "ti" perfectly should have been a huge hint.

To be fair, afaik Crunchy has the best subs out for Nichijou. Some other groups (no names because I think it's against the rules) did horrendous speedsubs to try and beat Crunchy to the finish line.
Not to be nitpicky but Yuko said "Selamat" not "Salamat".

Old 2013-02-22, 13:15   Link #1868
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Not to be nitpicky but Yuko said "Selamat" not "Salamat".
My bad, Google told me Salamat And I don't know how Malay spelling works. But thank you! I spelled it right in my first post so I think I might have forgotten in my second or something.

But even if Crunchy had done that and spelled it wrong I would still give them full credit for at least trying. Now that I think about it maybe the script they got to translate was what was f'd up. Shame.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-22 at 13:34.
Old 2013-04-06, 14:44   Link #1869
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Nichijou will be re-broadcast on AT-X starting 4/18. When the official sites announce re-broadcasts, there's usually a tie-in relating to it. This is the regular 26 episode series, so it's not the edited NHK-E version. Personally, I'm hoping for a BD-Box by Kadokawa with the OVA and NHK-E versions.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:13   Link #1870
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Show is getting a lot of air time.
Old 2013-05-05, 11:05   Link #1871
Ultimadrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Nichijou will be re-broadcast on AT-X starting 4/18. When the official sites announce re-broadcasts, there's usually a tie-in relating to it. This is the regular 26 episode series, so it's not the edited NHK-E version. Personally, I'm hoping for a BD-Box by Kadokawa with the OVA and NHK-E versions.
I missed the note about it being broadcast again this year. Cool!
Ultimadrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 11:10   Link #1872
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I started watching this again, since I had 10 episodes to finish it, but dammit this is boring... None of the jokes make me laugh in any way or form...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 00:44   Link #1873
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I started watching this again, since I had 10 episodes to finish it, but dammit this is boring... None of the jokes make me laugh in any way or form...
I can agree that this series' style of comedy definitely isn't for everyone for sure.

Man, I remember how much I enjoyed this series. In my case it grew on me as I watched it week after week to the point where I eagerly awaited the next episode to start off my Saturday mornings when it was airing, so in my opinion it's also something to take your time with as well. The fact that this isn't solely another one of your 'cute-girls-doing-cute-things' show despite having it's moments every now and then was a huge bonus too. Really liked how it gave off the message that everyday in our daily lives has something to look forward to with many surprises ahead and it'd be best to cherish it as such, at least that's what I got out of it.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 21:09   Link #1874
Ultimadrago

The Blu-Ray box has been released. Mine had a bit of a delay, but it has finally worked out and I'm very eager to get my hands on it.

Though I wish it came with the awesome soundtrack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
I can agree that this series' style of comedy definitely isn't for everyone for sure.

Man, I remember how much I enjoyed this series. In my case it grew on me as I watched it week after week to the point where I eagerly awaited the next episode to start off my Saturday mornings when it was airing, so in my opinion it's also something to take your time with as well. The fact that this isn't solely another one of your 'cute-girls-doing-cute-things' show despite having it's moments every now and then was a huge bonus too. Really liked how it gave off the message that everyday in our daily lives has something to look forward to with many surprises ahead and it'd be best to cherish it as such, at least that's what I got out of it.
You're definitely not alone in that as it's a part of the message I received as well. Within that are the texts of taking some of those surprises at face value and the emotions that are expressed (or retained) within the moment. For all its surreal subjects and characters, it's impressively rooted in reality much more than plenty of anime programs that don't sport a robot girl or a talking crow. It's a genius work (original and adaptation), really.

Last edited by Ultimadrago; 2013-09-02 at 11:09. Reason: Quote response
Old 2013-10-01, 21:49   Link #1875
Ultimadrago

Finally!

It is mine!

[ A set image of its contents ]

I'm very glad to finally own this.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:32   Link #1876
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimadrago View Post
Finally!

It is mine!

[ A set image of its contents ]

I'm very glad to finally own this.
Nice! Where did you get it and how expensive was it? (not that I'm considering it in any way )
Old 2013-10-07, 12:25   Link #1877
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
You know what? Out of every anime out there, Nichijou is the one series I would love to own in my bookshelf. If only a company like Sentai Filmworks and Yen Press liscenced the anime and manga, my entertainment happiness would be so much higher than it is now.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 11:21   Link #1878
Ultimadrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nice! Where did you get it and how expensive was it? (not that I'm considering it in any way )
lol. About $264.00 from Amazon Japan and that's supposedly on a sizable price drop! I don't spend much on anime at all, therefore that very rare investment was acceptable for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
You know what? Out of every anime out there, Nichijou is the one series I would love to own in my bookshelf. If only a company like Sentai Filmworks and Yen Press liscenced the anime and manga, my entertainment happiness would be so much higher than it is now.
Yeah, if it got licensed I would pick it up quicker than a heartbeat.
Old 2016-05-07, 08:25   Link #1879
Ultimadrago

Well, Vertex has been translating the manga at least! I've finished the first volume and just got the second in the mail. It's great to read all of my favorite parts in the anime on print finally (though KyoAni really adapted a lot of it, it seems!)
Old 2017-02-08, 10:32   Link #1880
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This dang show has finally released in the US.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life