AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 59 50.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-12, 10:06   Link #61
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
there's so many doujin/fanfic materials in this ep
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:13   Link #62
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

In my opinion this episode was barely worth the time. Decent fanservice and a hint of a plot within the first scenes, but the next 20 minutes were mostly spent on lolicon service, a niche genre that i just can't relate to. But it explains the mass of perfect scores in here, i guess. Even Accelerator is not in best shape, beeing reduced to an emotional wreck, far from beeing the awesome psycho i remember from season 1. Maybe the next episode can make up for it?

6/10
Old 2011-02-12, 10:16   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
What I mean is that she hasn't got a serious part in the second season except a small one at the end of episode 1. I mean, come on, she is one of less than 20 saints in the world and that's the only thing she's good for?! I really expect more of her! (and of coarse J. C. Staff!)
Lol, I had been holding it back even since the first episode 19 weeks ago when people first thought they would get more Kanzaki in this season I didn't want to burst their bubbles at that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Just wait till season 3. You can't have people that are 'broken' on the good side now. Except for that guy...
I don't think Kanzaki is broken, she's the 'standard' representation for Saints and from her we compare the other Saints, just like how Mikoto is the 'standard' representation for Level 5s and from her we compare the other Level 5s.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:16   Link #64
Seihai
スマイリウム

I actually liked the "lolicon service" scenes because they were emotional and heartwarming. But if you really dislike the fact that LO and Index ain't grown-ups to the extent that you downgrade the episode, I guess that's that.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:20   Link #65
Minagi Mikoto

By the way, am I the only one which is so excited about Kazakiri Hyouka appearance?
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:21   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
By the way, am I the only one which is so excited about Kazakiri Hyouka appearance?
To most people (non-readers) the importance of Hyouka haven't sunk in yet
Old 2011-02-12, 10:24   Link #67
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To most people (non-readers) the importance of Hyouka haven't sunk in yet
I'm also a "non-reader" though I sometimes steal information from here and there! But I guess her importance was cleared enough at the end of episode 24 of the first season when Tsuchimikado stated that she's an artificial angel.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:32   Link #68
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
In my opinion this episode was barely worth the time. Decent fanservice and a hint of a plot within the first scenes, but the next 20 minutes were mostly spent on lolicon service, a niche genre that i just can't relate to. But it explains the mass of perfect scores in here, i guess. Even Accelerator is not in best shape, beeing reduced to an emotional wreck, far from beeing the awesome psycho i remember from season 1. Maybe the next episode can make up for it?

6/10
Yeah, to say the least. Accel might be emotionally conflicted, but he hasn't lost his touch

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 10:33   Link #69
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm also a "non-reader" though I sometimes steal information from here and there! But I guess her importance was cleared enough at the end of episode 24 of the first season when Tsuchimikado stated that she's an artificial angel.
Ah well, in any case- One step at a time For now, I'm more excited by the appearance of Kihara Amata in the preview of next week's episode Railgun watchers might recall a certain other Kihara from last season?
Old 2011-02-12, 10:37   Link #70
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Ah well, in any case- One step at a time For now, I'm more excited by the appearance of Kihara Amata in the preview of next week's episode Railgun watchers might recall a certain other Kihara from last season?
Two certain others! Kihara Gensei and Telestina Kihara Lifeline!

I know a bit about Amata as well , Apparently,

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-02-12, 10:40   Link #71
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I wonder what Laura wrote that would make Stiyl that angry. Also why does she have so many bath tubs.

The washing machines scenes were great, oh Kanzaki

Like how 10032 showed that she was different. At least she's direct unlike Misaka. LO was absolute win this ep.

So information about Accelerator's past was interesting. I like how Yomikawa talked about him reciprocating goodwill. Too bad it involved him spending money on Index.

The exchange of lolis was the best part. Upset that Touma and Accelerator didn't get to see each other.

Seeing Hyouka again was surprising.

So next ep we have Accelerator fighting and Vento appears
Old 2011-02-12, 10:43   Link #72
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I actually liked the "lolicon service" scenes because they were emotional and heartwarming. But if you really dislike the fact that LO and Index ain't grown-ups to the extent that you downgrade the episode, I guess that's that.
I can put up with one (annoying) loli beeing the side kick of our main char, but now i was confronted with the other (annoying) loli and sidekick of someone else. Giving someone character by having flaws is okay in my book, but these two girls are borderline irritating. The doubleteam in ep 18 was just too much for me. A more grown up Index on the other hand would be much appreciated, i could even ship her with Touma without feeling ... wrong.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:50   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I wonder what Laura wrote that would make Stiyl that angry. Also why does she have so many bath tubs.
It's an on going 'friendship' thingy between Necessarius and Academy City, Laura's favorite past-time is collecting bath items. She frequently purchase them from Academy City- That includes that high tech washing machine that the other girls were messing around with.

Quote:
i could even ship her with Touma without feeling ... wrong.
I doubt that it would matter to you, but Index is 15-ish, plus her build is only slightly shorter than Mikoto, so there's technically nothing wrong-feeling with shipping Touma/Index.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:03   Link #74
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Broken? What does that mean?
That Kaori actually is enough broken to make you Level 5's cry.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:09   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well we don't really know that since we never had a match before.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:17   Link #76
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That's even more reason for her to start swinging her katana around again!
Old 2011-02-12, 11:18   Link #77
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
But WHY didn't Accel & Touma see each other?? Damn! I'm dissapointed once again...
lol my thoughts too, but their always some other time
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 11:21   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

6/10
Yar soon then the butchering will start anew

Also.....

HYOUKA CHAN!!!

And Vento.....
Old 2011-02-12, 11:24   Link #79
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
[...] Index is 15-ish, plus her build is only slightly shorter than Mikoto, [...]
Index: 148cm
Mikoto: 161cm

Thats more then just "slightly" shorter. Index looks like a child and acts like a child. AniDB lists her fetish appeal as lolicon and toarumajutsunoindex.wikia calls her build small and flat chested while having a childlike personality. Its not like im making this stuff up here, the fans see it that way. Dont use excuses such as "oh she's 15 its okay" to prove me wrong if the facts are against you. Index is designed as a loli and i have every right to feel wrong about shipping her with Touma. Im actually happy that he mostly ignores her antics, like i would do in his situation.
Old 2011-02-12, 11:29   Link #80
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Goodness Laura in bathtub with her legs open and Stiyl isn't even fazed!
Stiyl is 14.....