AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-17, 06:14   Link #12921
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Just bought T20 today. I seriously do not know how to play that tank as stock.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 07:12   Link #12922
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Play it as a slightly bigger M4. The default gun sucks, so you'll have to hang in there until you get the T20.
Old 2014-11-20, 04:34   Link #12923
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I find it hilarious that my average damage is 555 lolz
Old 2014-11-20, 22:06   Link #12924
Gravitas Free Zone

I have eight Tier 10 tanks, yet I put up with pub suffering:

One game I made a valiant but stupid attempt to scout the enemy base in the endgame (did manage to spot for a couple of good arty shots), died in the attempt. Find out once I hit spectator that one of our campers isn't just camping, they're totally AFK, parked in a ditch with their turret turned backward.

Next game I had one friendly left, in a fast TD, vs. an unspotted arty, a stealthy forward spotter, and a beat-up high-ROF armored TD. I'm in a very slow vehicle. End up driving back and forth until the game stalemated, because I had a feeling that the other remaining player wasn't going to be very helpful (they had, after all, spent a good minute pointed the wrong way while a scout broke through and destroyed all of our SPGs). I may have been able to pull out a win on that one, but I was still really riled up from the previous game, and the spotter and SPG would have wrecked me while I tried to reach the other base.

Checking the other player's stats after the game showed that their most-used vehicle was the Fury with a 41% WR in it. Their global stats included an average of 322 XP and 116 damage per battle...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 22:47   Link #12925
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^^ Oh please, I`ve seen far worst than that Endless.

There`s this scrub on the server I play, SEA. This player bought Fury and what makes it hilarious is that this guy has a total of 10 battles and has 50 average damage. You know that scrub did not know to where to shoot those enemies and all his shots freakin` bounced because he did not move to position where he can get a better shot on it.

His K/R and Damage Cause and Received Ratios are both 0.34 . My WN8 just went up a bit, 984 because I`m new to WOT. Luckily, I made a good move there before I started out playing the game. I`m the type who watches how the game and its tanks are played. So yeah, I tried to copy those players(Quickfingers, and other good players there.)

I have a total battle of 1165. I haven`t tasted how tier 10 battles are played

EDIT: I feel comfortable playing Medium Tanks. What of Tank Destroyers and Heavy Tanks? I have no idea how to play those types.
Old 2014-11-20, 23:03   Link #12926
Gravitas Free Zone

Heavies: On the plus side, WG has been gradually tipping the game toward them by creating or converting maps into narrow corridors of DOOM. Basic heavy play tends toward doing what you can to make the best use of your (typically) thicker armor and larger HP pool to either provide firepower or meatshielding for attacking or defending. Most heavies have gimped view ranges compared to other classes (exception being the higher-tier USA ones), so it's usually not the best idea to go haring off into the distance without support.

TDs: The main benefit of a TD is that you'll have access to a gun of at least a tier higher, and usually a better camo rating than anything else in the tier other than a light tank. The tradeoffs are that armor, speed, and/or a turret will be sacrificed. View range will vary (and will vary considerably more if WG implements their global view range nerf). Most TDs will pick a lane and support it from a distance; some have very good armor and can be used closer to the front line, but in all cases TDs in this game have some vulnerability to flanking, due to either the lack of a turret or a very slow turret traverse.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:52   Link #12927
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Okay, I`ve taken an interest in getting T110E5 as my first tier 10. But first, how do I play T1 Heavy and M6?
Old 2014-11-22, 07:02   Link #12928
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Much like any US heavy: face your hull front, and take advantage of your gun depression.

The T1 doesn't have alpha, but as it uses the 76mm from the M4, you can basically poke holes in your opponent several times over.

The M6 gets the 90mm, which is a major improvement, giving you some alpha for your tier. It's also important, as without the 90mm, you're going to be stuck with the T29 using the dinky 76mm gun.
Old 2014-11-22, 10:11   Link #12929
Gravitas Free Zone

Also, angling is very important with the T1 and M6, since both vehicles combine terrible side armor with the side profile of a billboard.
Old 2014-11-23, 05:37   Link #12930
Pen3

Best game today.

Map: Swamp

Ferdinand

7,740 (x3) 80,736

Battle achievements Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Crew Exp: 7 740
Repairs: 2 473
Ammunition: 39 915

Total: 38 348 WN8: 11 118 (100)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My current favorite tank in the garage. Running game on Windows 10 TP and everything seems smooth with a new monitor too!
Images
http://valid.canardpc.com/wp9k0i

Last edited by Pen3; 2014-11-23 at 06:04.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 09:01   Link #12931
Gravitas Free Zone

We have On-Track sign?
Images
Needed more M4s.

Soviet artillery tank laughs at little baby artillery.
Images
The only thing holding down the east-side flank was that other KV-2. That doesn't make my own attempt at trying to flank with a KV-2 any less insane, but these things happen. Though I don't think the KV-2 is the weirdest thing I've ever gotten a Pascucci's with.

Meanwhile, the next On-Track for NA will be the Soviet SPG line, which hasn't ever been On-Tracked until now. I might finally get a school bus to replace my occasional dabbling with the S-51.
Old 2014-11-24, 07:52   Link #12932
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Okay, I just took down a platoon of IS-6 with my IS-6 in Stalingrad. They gave me hard time to make a return shot. Luckily, the Super Pershing managed to distract them and I managed to get on their sides. That`s where I begin shooting their side turrets and killed them all, earning a Ace Mastery Badge. I did a total of 4k Damage and absorbed 2k Damage.

5 Kills = T-44, STB-1, 3x IS-6.

My WN8 just went up to 1015. Is it a good thing that my WN8 goes up? I haven`t tasted tier 10 games yet.

Last edited by Chevalier; 2014-11-24 at 11:41.
Old 2014-11-24, 19:18   Link #12933
Gravitas Free Zone

Yes, your WN8 going up is a good thing.

I wonder how frustrated the 50B driver here was. I did what I could...
Images

I've seen replays with greater spotting damage, but this is a personal high (at least as far as the post-9.3 tracking is concerned), all active scouting (one of the furthest distances driven that I can recall), and primarily occurred because our TDs camped our own spawn and waited for the other side to pop out of the city... which was really dangerous for me.
Images
Old 2014-11-29, 05:35   Link #12934
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

To increase WN8, I have to do more damage per match. Do I got right?

Recently, I carried the whole team while doing so I aced M4 Easy Eight during that match. I even bought Churchill III for another Soviet Heavy trainer because I noticed IS-7 has 2 loaders.

I don`t even have KV-5 in my garage.
Old 2014-11-29, 08:24   Link #12935
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
To increase WN8, I have to do more damage per match. Do I got right?
Generally yes. (Cached version, WoTLabs is up and down and sideways at the moment.)

Also platooning and winning, of course.

Images
This had a very high single-game rating.

While capping is not appreciated, defending still is...

Other bits:

Images
None shall pass.

Almost ran out of ammo there, too, and the Valentine is too slow to ram credibly, though I would have tried.

Images
So much angling and blood.

The PzIC that did not engage me sent a PM after the battle that I will admit to not even opening. Probably nine times out of ten if there's a post-battle PM from the other side, it's not going to be congratulatory.

Images
Nothing to see here.

I must admit that flawless victories make me feel a little worse than flawless defeats, because there's usually at least one person out there who is at least trying even if they're surrounded by root vegetables.

Images
Sidescraping like a boss.

Held down the main north/south street next to the church against those five tanks for a while, only took an actual penetrating hit toward the end when I moved out to finish off the Churchill, but by that point the game was over.

Also worth noting that it does appear that WG's patch to fix the nonexistent premium vehicle XP bonus has finally kicked in; the games in the last two days were giving a more noticeable crew XP increase than earlier in the week.

The KV-5 can be effective, but has enough exploitable vulnerabilities that it is much trickier to use than the IS-6.
Old 2014-11-29, 14:44   Link #12936
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I got an STB-1.

Images

Its gun gives me cancer. To say it another way, the gunner on this tank is always dead. I've known this for a while, but for the unaware here, the STB-1's gun soft stats are SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE than the Type 61's in every way. The bloom is ridiculous and I can't reliably hit enemy tanks even after aiming for a bit. The DPM is amazing yes, but what use is it when your shots won't reliably damage the enemy? And the base accuracy is just bad for a tier 10 medium. I find even fully aimed shots going into the dirt when shooting from afar.

I really think WG overdid it when they nerfed this tank in the supertest. It could have been decent but they had to ruin the gun handling which makes a tank that looks great on paper but handles poorly unless RNG is on its side.

P. S. I replaced the GLD in the screenshot with optics. I'm not willing to sacrifice vision control and spotting damage for aiming in a little faster, especially when a lot of my shots are half-aimed anyway.

P. P. S. Arty is a horrible, cancerous mechanic and Japanese tanks serve to remind me that it needs to be removed from the game.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:22   Link #12937
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post

P. P. S. Arty is a horrible, cancerous mechanic and Japanese tanks serve to remind me that it needs to be removed from the game.
No way man, it's there to prevent camping. Like that time I was leading a push as the only tier 7 in my Tiger and I instantly took 750 damage from an arty 2 tiers below me. It's even better how I seem to constantly be getting XVM sniped too despite being barely green, just because everyone else is red. Arty doesn't fire all game and the second I get spotted 2-3 shells are coming right at me. I guess I just better stop camping is all.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:47   Link #12938
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh, right now the only things I have left to acquire in the US tech tree are the M48, T49, and three more tiers worth of SPGs...

Images
WTF am I even doing.

Arty isn't really fun for... anyone, really. Regular tanks complain because they'll die out of nowhere because they got lit and didn't bother moving. Arty complains because every shot is requires a sacrifice to RNG between actually hitting the target and then seeing if it'll do any damage. If someone gets killed by arty they complain about the arty. If a team loses horribly, they complain about the arty. Someone comes up with a weird new DOTA strat, people'll complain about the arty.

But yeah, camping prevention. People camp even when there isn't any arty.

That said, I don't see the putative upcoming view range nerf helping matters in NA, since scouts will still die and teams will still end up hiding in terror, only now more blind than before.

I've had the Type 61 for a few days, put the second turret on it, tried to grind with the 90mm, ended up free XPing the 105mm. The crazy potential DPM is offset by the huge, unarmored turret; at least with the Centurion 7/1 and the B Barrel grind, exposure wasn't quite as dangerous.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-11-29 at 16:04.
Old 2014-11-30, 16:53   Link #12939
Pen3

Best way to farm wn8 is to camp and let your team mates die and do all the damage in the end. Your Wn8 will be ~5k per game but lose a lot of matches. If you do great and win it will be 2500-3500 wn8, but do the same and lose you will earn 5000-8000 wn8. Its the CHAI style of playing.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 18:33   Link #12940
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Best way to farm wn8 is to camp and let your team mates die and do all the damage in the end. Your Wn8 will be ~5k per game but lose a lot of matches. If you do great and win it will be 2500-3500 wn8, but do the same and lose you will earn 5000-8000 wn8. Its the CHAI style of playing.

I will try. I noticed others made me a damn meat shield lol

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks