Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 10:27   Link #2261
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Ka-san is coming!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 10:34   Link #2262
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
How about the Panzers?

Still I find the enemies not really good in aiming even at close range considering they supposed to be better since we are moving towards the finals if I'm not mistaken. Smarter, tougher, good tank shooters are what I'm expecting
Plot armour
Old 2012-12-05, 10:42   Link #2263
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
And during the scene where they are surrounded... the enemies ( 6-8 tanks firing at the same time at close range) just managed to hit one tank? and not even raise a flag? Don't get me wrong, they ( the panzer team) managed to hit at one shot two tanks at long range... This is hilarious...
Well, there are two things I can think of:

1) Soviet gun inaccuracy
2) Deliberate missing to push them into a corner
Old 2012-12-05, 10:44   Link #2264
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Images
Ka-san is coming!
You mean THIS. IS. SENSHADO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images
Pravda

Images
Kampfgruppe Miho

Images
Judges

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 10:46   Link #2265
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Be a fisherman? He should be a tankist
Old 2012-12-05, 10:48   Link #2266
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

NSFW
Saori
Old 2012-12-05, 10:50   Link #2267
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You mean THIS. IS. SENSHADO!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I support the Nishizumi-ryu and the master, Nishizumi Shiho.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:14   Link #2268
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
Hi guys, i like Girls und Panzer like everyones, so i show it to a no animes fans audience, and one said that after the first episode :

- So, is it a K-On with tanks instead?

Tell them no. It's Saki with tanks. And no over-the-top supernatural powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
From what I've seen and heard from my friend in Japan, girls are wearing outfit like that on the days of snowing is the norm in Japan, and you should know the anime is taking place in Japan.
Actually, no it's not taking place in Japan. They said they were above the 50th parallel. That's waaaay north of Japan.

Quote:
No, I support the Nishizumi-ryu and the master, Nishizumi Shiho.
I hope you enjoy your very short life.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 11:27   Link #2269
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Actually, no it's not taking place in Japan. They said they were above the 50th parallel. That's waaaay north of Japan.
Depends. It could be that in this alternate universe, Japan managed to get all of Karafuto. This would mean that Japan would have land north of the 50th parallel.

Quote:
I hope you enjoy your very short life.
I'll live long enough to be victorious and enjoy it.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:38   Link #2270
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Depends. It could be that in this alternate universe, Japan managed to get all of Karafuto. This would mean that Japan would have land north of the 50th parallel.
In which case that part of Japan would be a fair bit colder than normal Japan is now.

Quote:
I'll live long enough to be victorious and enjoy it.
Unless you're a "sacrifice" along the way.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 11:57   Link #2271
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 12:08   Link #2272
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

*Looking at the manga scans*

Hetzer? I APPROVE!!

Vespa with panzerschreck and magical girls? ... ...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 12:19   Link #2273
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I wish they could make a PS3 game for this anime that was made by Sega and played just like Valkyria Chronicles in which each main school has their own storyline and worked their way up from mock up battles to the finals in the tournament.

Too bad that will never happen, even if a game is made, it's just going to be some crappy VN style with lame graphics and unpolished gameplay.
Nah, it should be a PC action game. And they should call it "Miho's World of Panzers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
Just caught up with the series, enjoyed it despite the fact I couldn't stop thinking exactly WTF am i watching lol... I don't even know where to start, there's so much in this show that's just completely wtflulz worthy. Perhaps the biggest was the aircraft carrier style ships with towns on them, complete with multi-story buildings, trees and everything. How do you grow a full size tree on a ship, i dont even..
Considering that they can have decent sized cliffs and rivers on the ship, trees are child's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
That said, if I was in Oorai's position, I would probably send out the Type 89 on point after trying to get the Panzer IV's turret rotating again. The idea being that if Katyusha is so dead set on humiliating Oorai, she wouldn't be able to actually engage the Type 89, allowing the Panzer IV to take shots at their liesure.
That's a terrible idea: Katyusha will just pull her Schwarzenegger impression and say "Do you remember when I said I'd kill you last? I lied", before offing it. I doubt that she'd turn down a free win.

Quote:
Just so people don't mistake this for being Girls Und Panzer due to the post, it's not. This is Sailor-fuku to Juusensha, another tank manga by Nogami Takeshi. Nogami Takeshi has many titles relating to tanks and military subjects like his better known Moeyo! Sensha Gakkou. Nogami is currently involved in Girls Und Panzer as assistant character designer, and in fact his works, including Moeyo has made cameo appearances in the anime, like in episode 2 where Saki is shown reading the book.
Not knowing anything about this manga, I was wondering why the creators decided to make a new property rather than adapting it. After seeing a bit from it, the reasons become blatantly obvious.

Quote:
Tell them no. It's Saki with tanks. And no over-the-top supernatural powers.
Instead of being a cute girls doing cute things show with tanks, Girls und Panzer is a tank action show featuring cute girls. The sheer amount of action scenes in the show puts most other action anime to shame.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:36   Link #2274
Tak

Quote:
Just so people don't mistake this for being Girls Und Panzer due to the post, it's not. This is Sailor-fuku to Juusensha,
Spoiler for The Hertzer in said manga!!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:59   Link #2275
SatelliteCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Not knowing anything about this manga, I was wondering why the creators decided to make a new property rather than adapting it. After seeing a bit from it, the reasons become blatantly obvious.
Yea, I was a bit sad that Girls und Panzer isn't just "Sailor-fuku to Juusensha: The Anime" but I can understand why the developers couldn't just do a straight adaptation. I'm also half convinced that they had to force out the Girls und Panzer manga just so that, when fans ask for the manga version of the anime, the studio isn't left with the single option of pointing them toward Nogami Takeshi's work.

That being said, I fully expect more proxy characters from SftJ (I already consider Momo to be one) to appear in season 2 during the international battles. I'm especially pulling for "Montgomery-chan" and...well, I'll call her "Soviet Saber".

I'm just thankful we have this anime. Ever since I first read Panzerfraulein Alteseisen (also a Nogami Takeshi work) and saw tanks and battle maps with the proper NATO symbols, I somehow knew there would someday be a tank anime, and it would be the most glorious thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Instead of being a cute girls doing cute things show with tanks, Girls und Panzer is a tank action show featuring cute girls. The sheer amount of action scenes in the show puts most other action anime to shame.
Yea. Also, if you look at it the right way, its almost like a mecha anime (of the UC Gundam style).
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 13:20   Link #2276
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Kondou Taeko
Old 2012-12-05, 13:30   Link #2277
Tak

^ Hmm... pillows.

- Tak

Old 2012-12-05, 13:43   Link #2278
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I seen a Tiger Tank stuck in the rumble of a fallen building though it wasn't destroyed either .. just stucked.. I guess the crew just went out and ran away..

Anyway, if crushing will disqualify me, then I'll just have to order my team to aim on the entrance of the church and blast them out of there since that is their only exit out... unless again they are bad in aiming and just hit the grounds again....
Under competition rules, crushing would be acceptable. The enemy vehicle has to merely be disabled. Frankly, even if the crushing merely immobilizes the enemy (so you still have to finish the job later), it's a sound idea.

Whether if you can get yourself the AVRE/Sturmtiger to really get demolition going is a whole other story of course.

On just inaccurate the Soviet can be, it's been quipped that the Soviets will always miss the first salvo by the German. Most T-34s that charge at the German closing in to <500m range even have stormtrooper academy training in marksmanship, and have tunnel vision (since the front is all that the tank crew could see) On the other hand though, survivor account have shown that Tank ramming by the Soviet had occurred, such as an account from 13th Tiger company of LSSAH, describing T-34 trying to ram the tank, as well at Michael Wittmann's encounter.

Should Tiger(P) come to the battlefield and lit up Pravda's rear real good, expect a mini-Prokhorovka. Although I actually think that the Tiger(P) would be firing from a safe distance while the rest of the team takes the blunt of the close-quarter combat.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-12-05 at 13:58.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 14:16   Link #2279
Gravitas Free Zone

It would seem so far that unless the writers pull a rules variation out of (orifice), though, the Tiger won't be making an appearance... as it is, aren't all of the team's best gunners already trapped in the fight?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 14:21   Link #2280
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It would seem so far that unless the writers pull a rules variation out of (orifice), though, the Tiger won't be making an appearance... as it is, aren't all of the team's best gunners already trapped in the fight?
We still have the three unknown characters in the OP not accounted for

That being said, I don't think the rules indicate all vehicles would be listed in the beginning of the fight. Though I must admit, I skimmed through the rules really quick last time I got a hold of it.

Nonetheless, its still interesting to see how Oorai would pull a win off this one. I mean, they have to.

- Tak

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks