AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-14, 03:28   Link #161
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I don't really like this series right now. I'm at ep2 and it isn't even satisfying to watch. Of course I'll watch it, though. XD
Old 2006-11-14, 05:01   Link #162
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

It gets better, but that isn't saying a lot since the first 3 episodes were pathetically bad. There's a fairly sound opinion of the show in my sig </shameless self plug>. It never gets brilliant, but it does get a little more bearable later on, and it's nowhere near the worst thing you could ever watch.
Old 2006-11-14, 05:58   Link #163
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

And here many people thought this was going to seriously contend with Kanon 2006 for harem anime of the year ... what a letdown. Kanon isn't much better, however, IMO.
Old 2006-11-14, 06:09   Link #164
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Kanon isn't much better? LOL

I liked Tsuyokiss, I still do, despite the last episode, I liked Sunao and I like the songs that played during the series. The last episode was bad though...
Old 2006-11-14, 06:25   Link #165
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
And here many people thought this was going to seriously contend with Kanon 2006 for harem anime of the year ... what a letdown. Kanon isn't much better, however, IMO.
Must... resist... urge... to... reply... to... this... post. Arrggh.

Kanon's got limited appeal, I think. I enjoy it, but I can understand why many are quite critical of it. I also think, had I not been such a fanboy of the first series all those years ago, or a such a shameless fanboy of KyoAni today, I probably wouldn't be enjoying it as much as I am.

With that said, given the premise I was never expecting anything special from Tsuyokiss, no matter the pre-hype. I was honestly surprised (and somewhat impressed) that it didn't turn out to be a complete crapfest.
Old 2006-11-14, 07:02   Link #166
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ouran has the best chance of winning 'best harem anime of the year' for me. Reverse harem is still a field under harem anime, so it's fair game. If YNSH ended decently (with proper closure), however, I would probably make it my best harem anime of the year.
Old 2006-11-14, 07:04   Link #167
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

SHnY is not a harem anime As for proper closure, watch the episodes in chronological order. The anime didn't cover all the novels.
Old 2006-11-14, 07:09   Link #168
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I meant a different anime; I'm sorry for not clarifying it. It's Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, or rather, Perfect Girl Evolution.
Old 2006-11-14, 07:18   Link #169
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ah That... Well, I've seen my share of SHYNdon'tknowhowtospellbutwhatever mambojumbo so I thought it was Haruhi
Old 2006-11-14, 07:36   Link #170
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It was my fault for not clearing it up in the first place. But really, to be entirely honest, this was among the series I've expected to shine this year. So many people have been talking about the popularity of this erogame (?) thus they expected an anime that would live up to the game's standards. I guess it failed.
Old 2006-11-14, 07:53   Link #171
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I didn't even know there was a Tsuyokiss eroge, I just thought I might try it since it's in the field of what I usually like If it wasn't for the last episode, I think it'd have fared better, the series songs are still some of my favorites.
Old 2006-11-14, 08:59   Link #172
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Let's see ...
Old 2007-01-11, 11:49   Link #173
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished this .... well.... a huge disappointment probably would be the best way to describe how i feel right about now.

Not that i had any huge expectations to begin with, but this failed to be even medicore imo.

The first few episodes were crap... i don't know, but during the first few eps i felt no drive to continue watching... the only reason i did is because i am stubborn as hell. And since romance is something i like, i decided to stick around and see where this goes.... tho the first 4-5 eps were fairly useless in my book...i was forcing myself to go trough them.

It definitely got better at the middle part... it got good enough to keep me watching with genuine interest, instead of going trough it while grinding teeth. ... imo, this one does not work as a comedy. I have nothing against comedies, but this is one majore failure as a comedy imo. The more serious parts were pretty good though, and that kept me watching.

It could have been a fairly decent watch, provided a good(relatively) ending.... ofc the final episode turned out to be anything but good. It was one big load of bullcrap, and 2/3 of it felt utterly pointless... i had to fight the urge to FF trough the speech she gave on the stage.

Was it a decent anime? ... i am not too sure about that. The middle part is fine, but both ends are rotten. Was it a statisfying watch? Nop. This is not something i would recommend to any one. Imo, time spent watching this is a time wasted. I certainly wouldn't feel like i am missing something should i have skipped it.
Old 2007-01-11, 12:26   Link #174
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Just finished this .... well.... a huge disappointment probably would be the best way to describe how i feel right about now.

Not that i had any huge expectations to begin with, but this failed to be even medicore imo.
If you recall, when I mentioned Tsuyokiss on the OP-ED thread, I said "great songs, but anime so-so".
Whereas so-so is opened to interpretations, but generally this series leaves mixed feelings, that's why a best suitable name would be Tsuyokiss: Cool x BitterSweet ^^

Seriously, what captured me into this anime were the opening (Sunao ni Nare nai) and ending (Open) songs. And it can be said that the songs were the main factor along with the shortness of the series, who dragged me until the end of this show. The insert tunes were great as well. I also partially liked Sunao's character, since I like tsunderes , and her voice acting. The story is acceptable/almost nice in some parts, from episode 4 to 11.

All that I've not mentioned (since there's plenty of factors to make an anime) was disappointed. The romance is blunt, some characters are annoying to the extreme, others are flat. The enjoyment too many times goes nearly zero.The arts and animations seemed outdated, if it was a 2003 anime I would have been fine with it, but... we're a bit ahead now.
And yet, if episode 12 had been done better, and despite all, the anime would have gotten a positive rating (where positive is above 6), because the series in the middle was watchable enough, and I can leave eps.1-2-3 as warm up. But really, even the most unskilled screenwriter would have written the last episode better.

As Vexx brilliantly said on one of the posts of this thread, "I'd like to know where to write to have the time I spent on this back"

The best op-ed combo for 2006 as far as I'm concerned remains *shrughs* to this title.
It's a pity though, that the lovely memories of those have to be connected with such a sad landscape.
Old 2007-01-11, 13:01   Link #175
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I think I said so earlier, but even for the music and the OP-ED songs, I consider my time watching it well spent. Sure the final episode was... well... it was kind of a letdown, but the anime music was worth the watch for me
Old 2007-01-13, 15:08   Link #176
martino
makes no files now

The first 20 or 30 seconds of the OP were awesome imo, and the rest was good too.