AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-02-28, 22:35   Link #1301
mugener

like I said.

buy more dvd, or leave kyoani.

it's simple as that.

if key side can't see this as an warning, then it better prepare to
find another studio, maybe toei or jcstaff.

mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:38   Link #1302
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post

like I said.

it's simple as that.

I'm sorry, but what on earth is wrong with you?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:44   Link #1303
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
More like two 14-episode series and one 4-episode one. Vol.9 doesn't have THAT much content.

We've had this conversation before, but....

I don't see what you mean by "overstretch". Given that Vol 4 and Vol 7 are closely tied together, and both involve nonsensical time travel, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to put them together.

And Haruhi is KyoAni's most successful series, and probably one of the most popular things since Eva. I still can't see why we've had such a long break... It makes no sense to not make a bigger series, money-wise.
Yeah, we have had this conversation before, haven't we? But, by overstretch, I mean that if they were going to try to have a 24 episode 2nd season and a 14 episode 3rd season, there just isn't enough content. Your counts have 30 episodes left, a 24-14 has 38. That means a lot of stretching. Plus, some of them may not be as adaptable as those in the first season.

On the topic of Clannad, has anyone else actually had Clannad mean more to them than just an anime? Like, I don't know. I find that Clannad has kind of made me regret a lot of my interactions with my family the past 3 years, and I really want to regain that time. It's helped me through college, and it's encouraged me to move forward. I also now have a habit of saying foods I like before entering a hard class.
Or, am I just weird?
Old 2008-02-28, 22:46   Link #1304
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Yeah, we have had this conversation before, haven't we? But, by overstretch, I mean that if they were going to try to have a 24 episode 2nd season and a 14 episode 3rd season, there just isn't enough content. Your counts have 30 episodes left, a 24-14 has 38. That means a lot of stretching. Plus, some of them may not be as adaptable as those in the first season.
Not as adaptable? Sure, there's Where Did the Cat Go, but that's sorta Someday in the Rain-ish.

Quote:
On the topic of Clannad, has anyone else actually had Clannad mean more to them than just an anime? Like, I don't know. I find that Clannad has kind of made me regret a lot of my interactions with my family the past 3 years, and I really want to regain that time. It's helped me through college, and it's encouraged me to move forward. I also now have a habit of saying foods I like before entering a hard class.
Or, am I just weird?
... I think you're just weird.
Old 2008-02-28, 22:46   Link #1305
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm sorry, but what on earth is wrong with you?
what on earth is wrong with buying dvd?
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:47   Link #1306
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
what on earth is wrong with buying dvd?
Maybe the fact that I have no money? And that Clannad isn't licensed yet?
Old 2008-02-28, 22:56   Link #1307
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Or, am I just weird?
I don't really think there's anything wrong with that...fictional media has always had a startling influence to certain people on an individual basis.

And Kaisos, just ignore Mugener. He seems to like to pretend he understands everything there is to know about the business practices of a foreign company, and is shocked that you don't.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 23:01   Link #1308
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
like I said.

it's simple as that.

This has nothing to do with anything. You were spewing this same nonsense in the Haruhi s2 thread. You seem to believe that Kyoto Animation's two recent successes with Kadokawa are going to cause them to raise their prices so high that they're going to price TBS/Key/Pony Canyon out of the market. You have absolutely no evidence to support that idle speculation.

Kyoto Animation is a company of animators for hire. They do whatever people pay them to do, and whatever they can fit on their schedule. It's not as if Kadokawa is just sitting on mountains of Haruhi-like hits, and would be willing to pay anything to buy all of Kyoto Animation's time. It doesn't matter at all if Key/TBS/Pony Canyon shows sell half as many DVDs as Kadokawa's two recent productions; all that matters is that each production is sufficiently profitable that the producers are motivated to once again pay the asking price for Kyoto Animation's production time the next time around. As I said, there's absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that this wouldn't be the case. DVD sales aren't some sort of one-upsmanship game; Kadokawa and the Key group are not in some sort of battle with future Kyoto Animation productions at stake. They're clients and business partners who pay and partner with Kyoto Animation to produce projects. There's no reason to believe they wouldn't keep doing so.

The production schedule for Clannad was not some sort of "warning to Key"; you just made that up as an excuse to preach this again. Please stop regurgitating this sensationalistic nonsense at every opportunity.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 23:02   Link #1309
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I don't really think there's anything wrong with that...fictional media has always had a startling influence to certain people on an individual basis.

And Kaisos, just ignore Mugener. He seems to like to pretend he understands everything there is to know about the business practices of a foreign company, and is shocked that you don't.
I think he actually is Japanese, or at least foreign, given his poor command of English...
Old 2008-02-29, 02:47   Link #1310
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I find this idle banter amusing. *chuckles*

Meanwhile, I have to say that MoonPhase have been pretty accurate for their "previews" and "sneak-peaks" in the past, so I wouldn't be too surprised if this news is true. I'm not really too fussed either way, because I am buying all the DVDs anyway, and will watch them to my heart's content.

Seriously though, isn't it about time that KyoAni announces what they are planning for the next season? Although if I remember correctly, we didn't find out that Clannad was being produced until the last ep of Kanon; and even then that was couple of seasons before the actual premiere. It was also quite surprising they had not announced anything after the last ep of Lucky Star, but had that cryptic announcement of SHnY-2 instead... the mind boggles at marketing strategies these days...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 04:36   Link #1311
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
I find this idle banter amusing. *chuckles*

Meanwhile, I have to say that MoonPhase have been pretty accurate for their "previews" and "sneak-peaks" in the past, so I wouldn't be too surprised if this news is true. I'm not really too fussed either way, because I am buying all the DVDs anyway, and will watch them to my heart's content.

Seriously though, isn't it about time that KyoAni announces what they are planning for the next season? Although if I remember correctly, we didn't find out that Clannad was being produced until the last ep of Kanon; and even then that was couple of seasons before the actual premiere. It was also quite surprising they had not announced anything after the last ep of Lucky Star, but had that cryptic announcement of SHnY-2 instead... the mind boggles at marketing strategies these days...
It's KyoAni. They have a history of coming up with all sorts of weird but awesome marketing strategies.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 06:37   Link #1312
sobaro

I THINK the correct question is not will we have a second season (it is almost clear)
but when will the second season will be ?
imagina if we must wait like haruhi fans (2 years until now and may be more than)
I HOPFULL seacond season will directly after season one
i think if they delay the season to next year or after they kill the anime
hopfull it comes in spring or in autum no after that
sobaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 09:08   Link #1313
velocity7

The OP animation already hinted too much at After Story, and episode 22 sounds just about when School Life with Nagisa's route would end. I expect they'll release a second season, because episode 22 isn't the end of CLANNAD as far as I can tell.

In the meantime, we are fansubbing the movie, which will be your only hint at what After Story is like. It may be TOEI, but it's at least a taste of what kind of drama to expect for the second season.
Old 2008-02-29, 09:27   Link #1314
Meatrose
Antihero

I don't think that a delay would "kill the anime" at all. If the content is good, then it doesn't matter if the audience has to wait for it or not. It's not like people will go "nah, I know S2 is airing now, but since I had to wait for it I'm not going to watch it".

If the content was only available on DVD we would ofc be looking at a completely different scenario, but as long as we're talking about a TV-series that will later be available on DVD, I honestly don't think that it's a major issue.

And about this second season... I, too, think that the afterstory will be animated. It is by far the best part of the game, so I'd be disappointed if it wasn't animated at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the afterstory were to follow the airing of H2, since I'm not going to get my hopes up for the next FMP-series just yet. The tenth novel was just released, and it turned out that it was not the last one. Five main plot novels has been animated so far (1 through 3 for FMP! and 4 through 5 for FMP!TSR), and the storyarc that was introduced in the seventh novel is still ongoing. That arc is a lot more serious and a lot darker than the FMP most are used to, and they wouldn't be able to find a spot in the plot where they could really end a season. Unless they intend to tell the rest of the story soon thereafter that is.

To sum it all up; I think we'll be getting a second season, or something like that, containing the afterstory. Like some of you have already said, the OP already hinted at the afterstory, and since these 22+1 episodes seem to take care of the school-part I'm going to allow myself to wish for the rest of the story to be animated as well. The story of Clannad is far from over, that's for sure, but since it's 4 to 5 times bigger than Kanon we already knew they would have to cut it short. I refuse to believe that they'll exclude the afterstory though.
Old 2008-02-29, 11:24   Link #1315
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Ironically, splitting Clannad into two and Haruhi s2 in the middle is very much what Moon Phase predicted, just that most thought it'd be 2 12 episode run instead of the possibility of two 20+ episode runs.

As it is right now, KyoAni has numerous choices with what anime to do. Other then the aforementioned AS, FMP, Planetarian, Little Buster and the dead-set Haruhi s2, there's always Munto in-house series to consider. What a potential product to develop for any production studio! With no real end in sight yet for FMP and Haruhi, KyoAni could feed on that pool alone for some time.

Kadokawa and Key are operating with steady relationships to KyoAni. Given the Japanese corporate dogma, those ties tend to be fairly secure. More dealings should continue although I don't think the production capacity will improve. What I am interested with is whether or not if more hi-def channels will be able to sign up with Kyoani pieces as the hi-def format becomes increasingly dominant.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-02-29 at 11:40.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 11:26   Link #1316
sobaro

it doesnot kill it exactly
but as you know at japan almost evrey month you will have new animes and in the began of year you have may be 15-25 animes from diffrent company
so the japanes whatch have diffrenet choices
so if you delay the anime alot it very easy to people to leave it and go to another thing
i saw many anime from two or more season almost them put the second season after one season in ashort time some anime one week some one monthe but they didnot overtake 3-4 monthes
so pepole didnot forget alot of thing about anme

sorry for long
Old 2008-02-29, 12:35   Link #1317
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Eh...at least it ensures I'll have something to watch when cramming for the MCATs...
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 08:16   Link #1318
sobaro

question
how many episodes do we need to coverd AS in agood way?
8ep - 10 ep - 14ep- 18ep- 24ep or more
Old 2008-03-02, 08:46   Link #1319
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

8 episode is the bare minimum with manyt things skipped.
12 episodes would be nice enough.

24 would be a littler draggy but it would convey everything, illusionary world perfectly as well.
Old 2008-03-02, 09:16   Link #1320
sobaro

thank you klashikari
so 8-14 eps can cover AS in agood way
that it is intresting

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen