AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 14:19   Link #821
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't think so, I recall reading that Mizushima stated the movie is going to finish off the series.
Then it's probably likely she'll survive for much the same reason they kept Relena around in GW. It would create political instability if they killed her off. If he's going to finish off 00, there can't be a loose end like a country with a freshly dead leader.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:38   Link #822
Rawinder

I'm surprised it hasn't been said yet, but I think that Graham is someone pretty likely to die in the movie. The fact that Kuroda keeps writing in these mobile suits that are damaging to Graham's health seems to pretty heavily foreshadow that.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:48   Link #823
mike_s_6

Quote:
I think that's looking abit too into it.

I don't think the GNZ suits offer anything useful...They were all built around the functions of Tau Drives, to take data and use them for MS that utilize the true GN Drives, would be a waste of time.
I actually think that the similarity to the GNZ units is very strong. Reborns also has a similar clavicle and arm design, only, the arms were partially obscured by the TDS. Designing a machine like this from the artists' point of view does not look like a slip of the pen. It's more like Mizushima asked the designer to "design something that looks like it's MS data for Innovades that came from Veda, hence a similarity to the GNZ units."

Whether or not it would be a good call to built on GNZ units for a Gundam is going to be another story altogether. Veda also has data about the true GN drives anyway, so if perhaps, you inquire from Veda to make a GNZ-like machine built for a true GN Drive, then it can probably cook something up with relative ease.

The cockpit looking like Dynames' though could be just a coincidence. This forum though, should be a testament to how similar the two look.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2009-10-17 at 21:02. Reason: grammar
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:32   Link #824
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawinder View Post
I'm surprised it hasn't been said yet, but I think that Graham is someone pretty likely to die in the movie. The fact that Kuroda keeps writing in these mobile suits that are damaging to Graham's health seems to pretty heavily foreshadow that.
He's gonna die saving Setsuna from some horrible enemy MS that not even the TDS can trump.

Watch, you'll see.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:40   Link #825
bio9205
Reborn

I don't care who's gonna die, my two favourite characters are already dead anyways, so it doesn't matter. =x
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:44   Link #826
Mister Mister
Redshirt

Quote:

I don't think the GNZ suits offer anything useful...They were all built around the functions of Tau Drives, to take data and use them for MS that utilize the true GN Drives, would be a waste of time.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if tieria had rafael built separately from the other movie gundams, and the GNZ-ish elements come from him repurposing MS fabrication equipment aboard the Celestial Being.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 20:31   Link #827
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post

Comparison of Raphael to existing mechs (Dynames, GRM Gundam, Gadessa) shows the Innovade-style is strong in Tieria's soon-to-be suit.
Nice comparison and I think it's a good observation. Can't wait to see the all 4 Gundams in a clearer shot (whole body and back).
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 20:51   Link #828
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
Nice comparison and I think it's a good observation. Can't wait to see the all 4 Gundams in a clearer shot (whole body and back).
Well, that's gonna be a long while before official linearts are released. Heck, a movie poster isn't even out yet. D:
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:03   Link #829
kakakka

Quote:
I thought different. I thought that GNZ units did a good job utilizing particles/energy using GN Tau, that putting in true drives might make it times better suit than the s2 Gundams.

But then again that's just what I thought. ^^;
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:16   Link #830
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I thought different. I thought that GNZ units did a good job utilizing particles/energy using GN Tau, that putting in true drives might make it times better suit than the s2 Gundams.

But then again that's just what I thought. ^^;
Tell that how many times they got HAXED....>_>
Old 2009-10-17, 23:30   Link #831
kakakka

Quote:
Tell that how many times they got HAXED....>_>
Which isn't entirely the suit's fault. Just bad pilots and hax enemy <_<
Old 2009-10-17, 23:41   Link #832
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Which isn't entirely the suit's fault. Just bad pilots and hax enemy <_<
Ah, but HAX enemy equals HAX MS?

Amiright?
Old 2009-10-18, 00:07   Link #833
kakakka

Quote:
Ah, but HAX enemy equals HAX MS?
Uhhmmmm...yah...So what's your point? Wut are we talking bout again?

Ok lame joking aside, I'm just saying. GNZ looked to be good MSs. Trans-Am was build in them with little modification and they did well in Trans-Am (except the Gagas...). Anyway what I'm (trying) saying, using GNZ concept for Gundam (Original GN) isn't all that waste, and it can do better. Imagine Raphael, with mobility like Gadessa/Garazzo and the arms and the cannons of Seravee/Virtue. That's better than the average Tieria MS, right?

And all this praising (lol) without counting how badly Hiling/Revive....you know . I'm just talking about the MS potential here.

Last edited by kakakka; 2009-10-18 at 00:18.
Old 2009-10-18, 00:15   Link #834
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:

I don't think that's looking too much into it at all. The yellow "high collar", tubular arms, elbow joint are all identical, not just similar, with GRM Gundam.

But if you want to hear my "looking a bit too into it" bit , here goes:

I think the movie Gundams would be made as the pinnacle of Celestial Being's technology, so the design concept would make it visible by giving them a hybrid look.

In S1, CB don't use all their cards in one go because they want to hide certain things until it's really needed, like TransAm. At the start of S2, Celestial Being technology is divided between Innovade faction and Ptolemy faction. Innovade faction, controlling Veda, has access to data on anything that has been developed since the first generation, including data on GN drive production. Ptolemy faction, controlling true GN-drives, has access to TDS technology and TransAm. After Ptolemy faction won the war, they gain full access to everything Aeolia and centuries of research have developed.

Last edited by furato; 2009-10-18 at 00:29.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:21   Link #835
kakakka

^ I think that's one nice way to say it
Old 2009-10-18, 00:35   Link #836
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

geez now wonder who will be in the "whacked" list in 00 movie.

heck most of the 2nd half characters in 00 were total "whacked" off really 2nd characters were flop/failed with only lyle, mil & her mom, andrei, & klaus as only 2nd half characters to survive hey most of the original 1st half 00 still standing.

really i have no idea but if plan new characters well any guess same fate as "2nd half flop"?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 00:38   Link #837
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Will you PLEASE learn to use proper grammar and punctuation? No one knows what in the hell you're talking about!
Old 2009-10-18, 00:40   Link #838
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Alright alright, you guys win, they look similar.

I suppose you're all right, with all the MS information VEDA has stored in it, only natural to blend the designs.
Old 2009-10-18, 01:11   Link #839
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Will you PLEASE learn to use proper grammar and punctuation? No one knows what in the hell you're talking about!
do you need a KLAC-translator???

look at 2nd half 00 characters that survive

lyle
mil & her mom
andrei
klaus

a total of 5 2nd half while the rest "kick the bucket" really any bets new characters in 00 movie well might any guess same fate as "2nd half flop"?

besides most 1st half originals still standing.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 01:14   Link #840
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Do you even have a point to all this you're spouting? You don't have any real coherence to your posts. Start using actual English with proper grammar so we know what you're trying to say.

Tags
gundam 00 movie