AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 21:12   Link #161
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
I don't think this really warrants a spoiler.
In Index, Touma was shown walking past Mikoto and Kuroko's dorm. In Railgun, Uiharu and Saten had to get permission to enter the Gardens of Education, where Mikoto's dorm is located. How the hell was Touma able to get in there?

Click This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:10   Link #162
tsunade666

touma get in their through bus.

Uiharu and Saten get permission to enter inside but touma ask for mikoto but she's not their then kuroko let's him enter. But I think its secretly because if the dorm manager knows it who knows what will happen. Boys are forbidden their to begin with.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:40   Link #163
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Tokiwadai Middle school is actually located within School Garden while the Tokwadai Dorms are not & is located somewhere further away.
Old 2010-01-22, 07:13   Link #164
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

i wonder when it would reach the Philippines..

i just can't wait..

i'm expecting To Aru Kagaku no Railgun to be alot better than To Aru Majutsu no Index..
Van-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 08:43   Link #165
tsunade666

huh philippines?

what? for it to reach my country or maybe your from it too. It will take ages. But what do you mean does index invade our country already?

What the I don't know that.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:05   Link #166
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shakugan no Shana Second was aired in the Philippines and it was the first country in SEA to do that lol.
I'm not hoping too hard though, 'coz I know it's hard to get licenses to dub and show recent anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 09:28   Link #167
tsunade666

ah. about that. well that's also surprising and they also got code geass to be dub and some others that was really surprising to me because they only been aired what like a year. They even tried to air full metal alchemist brotherhood.

Oh well if its channel 5 I hope they will do index I kinda like their seiyu.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:29   Link #168
Avegaille

^ Lol, so you live in the Philippines too. And I don't think he mentioned anything about Index invading our country... not yet anyway.

I have a feeling that it won't even reach it here. I have some "society" related reasons why. This is what I've observed on how our media functions today (please, I am a Journalism student for those wondering, I should know at least "some" of these things).

Spoiler for It's too long, and some who don't live here won't even care, I think spoiler tag should be nice.:

But that will take quite a while for the official stuff seeing as these manga importing stores wait for the US to translate these things and they import from there.

As of now, the only way I could think of making TAMNI/Railgun have some appreciation here is through anime conventions. Cosplayers help sometimes (I'm getting sick and tried of seeing Hetalia, BLEACH, Naruto, Suzumiya and even Reborn cosplayers in the cons honestly. I'm glad the Death Note cosplayers died due to the series ending... and rarely PoT ones too).

/rant

On the other note, I could just imagine little girls here trying to be like Kuroko. Ohshi- more reasons not to air it "locally" because the series can corrupt little kids' minds... 8D

EDIT: Oh, and this is just what I think and what I've observed so far, I can be proven wrong in the near future, but that's just the same as waiting for years to get TAMNI/Railgun aired locally here.

Last edited by Avegaille; 2010-01-22 at 10:06.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 09:59   Link #169
shitashii

is this arc going to finish railgun? or will there be another arc. still got a little hope for sisters arc looking pretty grim though
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 10:03   Link #170
Avegaille

^ As long as Railgun along with Index, is popularity in Japan, it'll still have its Sister arc in the next season (there should be a lot of Railgun material by the time Season 2 of Railgun is in production). So don't worry about too much if you don't get it this season... Sister arc is still on-going in the manga, I guess they all want that to finish first before animating it... ;x
Old 2010-01-22, 10:07   Link #171
shitashii

well as long as its certain they are guna do it that's good but the waiting ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 2010-01-22, 20:51   Link #172
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm expecting Railgun to become darker by the next season.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-01-22, 21:24   Link #173
shitashii

it cant all be laughing and smiles
Old 2010-01-23, 00:40   Link #174
Tabasco

It can't get too dark, I would think. Fundamentally this is a show about a group of preteen/teenage girls in school and their adventures, not a gritty crime or war drama.

This might've been mentioned earlier, but what's the prevailing opinion on the best translation group? I'm using Mazui right now, which seems to work well, but given the selection available I'm curious.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 00:44   Link #175
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If it will not get too dark, then JC Staff or Kamachi himself must tweak some details so that we would get into all those gritty details in Railgun manga.

Old 2010-01-23, 01:50   Link #176
shitashii

i use mazui
Old 2010-01-23, 09:22   Link #177
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post

Spoiler for It's too long, and some who don't live here won't even care, I think spoiler tag should be nice.:
Conservative? oh don't joke my friend Its like trend to teenagers now to have babies even before marriage though I don't plan one plus I'm the type to get on the bad terms with girls ( always )

Plus I'm always in quiapo being its walking distance from intramuros

Religious yeh right! Its always in news to have endless rant with things that goes against religion.

So having them as excuse doesn't necessary count.

Back to topic. I get what comes first either its raw or translated. And if translation comes first come first serve too. I will just get the dvd if its available so I don't care much.
Old 2010-01-23, 09:55   Link #178
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Conservative? oh don't joke my friend Its like trend to teenagers now to have babies even before marriage though I don't plan one plus I'm the type to get on the bad terms with girls ( always )

Plus I'm always in quiapo being its walking distance from intramuros

Religious yeh right! Its always in news to have endless rant with things that goes against religion.

So having them as excuse doesn't necessary count.

Back to topic. I get what comes first either its raw or translated. And if translation comes first come first serve too. I will just get the dvd if its available so I don't care much.
Well, just to add to that, I'm talking about the media, not the people you see around you. There are a quite some restrictions when it comes to airing a certain material that usually goes against the morals of the society we are in even if you say it's accepted, there are still other majority who can protest.

Oh, that's news, you can't blame people if they go against the religion, because religion itself is too strict, and if the religion does see a series such as this being aired in local channels, you know what happens, they'll make a fuss about it.

Eh, it's confusing now, but yeah, it's a waiting game for now (ayoko ng debate dude)... what you live near Quiapo... interesting... heh.

===

As for translation group, I just grab whatever comes out first, Ayako had quite a lot of typos in their subs compared to Mazui... and since Ayako went on a hiatus or something, I am forced to grab the Mazui subs... oh well, it doesn't really matter as long as I understand what the hell they're saying.
Old 2010-01-23, 10:36   Link #179
tsunade666

I don't live near quiapo its just the plm is near quiapo being its a college school in intramuros.

For translation. I like the speed subs of both mazui or ayako. Though I prefer a decent karaoke. Due to I like singing it But if its a decent dvd one I will wait for chihiro. Also I prefer having a bigger size than the normal 700 x 400. I prefer the HD than SD subs.

Though for railgun.......... I just don't like railgun that much instead of index.
Old 2010-01-23, 10:48   Link #180
Avegaille

Ah, I see... that's good to know...

I just grab the mkvs even if they lag shit my computer (I can always convert it for my slower computer).

Also, I need kanji help with Aomi's last name... apparently it's in the credits but I have no clue what it reads as...

I'm guessing that because she's somewhat given a last name, she'll appear in yet another episode... soon.

Tags
q&a