AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-08-01, 18:13   Link #21
Kazu-kun

I got bored half way through. 5/10.

The level of writing was pretty low quality in comparison with Togashi's usual stuff. Heck, some of the silly tropes they make fun of during the Green Island arc are played straight in this movie (like that little "hero saves distressed damsel" situation when Gon and Retz meet for the first time).

No wonder it wasn't included in the manga.
Old 2013-08-02, 19:09   Link #22
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
This movie was a massive disappointment. Story's absolutely forgettable and simplistic, something i'd expect from more generic shonen titles. Not to mention it rehashed plot points and developments already touched upon enough in the series (like Killua's "curse").
Oh , and the Retz twist was so predictable that it made Killua look dumb for not realizing what she was.

Omokage was a huge walking cliche, not to mention stupid. His ability should make him extremely powerful, since he could basically use any known skill from the other Ryodan members, but...all he did was fire Franklin's machine gun like a retard. And this is a series where people know very well how to handle their skills.
Speaking of which, the fights not only lacked the series' smartness, they were also very underwhelming and poorly choreographed, even if nicely animated. Nothing impressive, though.

Generic, typically uninspired shonen movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The level of writing was pretty low quality in comparison with Togashi's usual stuff. Heck, some of the silly tropes they make fun of during the Green Island arc are played straight in this movie (like that little "hero saves distressed damsel" situation when Gon and Retz meet for the first time).
Yeah, this movie made me glad Madhouse isn't doing fillers. If this is the best they can come up with....

Although i just found out the script was written by Shoji Yonemura, whom i find a very mediocre writer at best, especially given his tokusatsu shows.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 12:48   Link #23
SHINOBI-03

Spoiler for Just saw the movie, here are my thoughts:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 12:56   Link #24
hamazura
whatever

im very glad togashi didnt put this in main story. Its horrible.
flat.boring.stort seems forced.made me sleepy.predictable.not-so-good action-cliche-and so on.
the only good part was in epilog, when they showed us biske, ging and kaito
Old 2013-08-03, 13:12   Link #25
MCAL

I am going to say it again. There is a humongous difference between a movie and a 20 episode arc.

Imagine if Yorkshin had been a movie instead. It would practically have been the same as Phantom Rouge.

I for one had wished that Togashi put this story in his manga.

EDIT: That being said I get the disappointed part, it's just the "Glad Togashi didn't put this in the manga" part I don't get.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-08-03 at 13:51.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:12   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty much your typical shounen movie, so very meh. Usually the highlights of these movies are the action scenes, but here they were very unimpressive and unimaginative. Didn't feel like Hunter x Hunter fights at all. They're usually much more strategic.
Old 2013-08-04, 17:26   Link #27
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I am going to say it again. There is a humongous difference between a movie and a 20 episode arc.

Imagine if Yorkshin had been a movie instead. It would practically have been the same as Phantom Rouge.

I for one had wished that Togashi put this story in his manga.

EDIT: That being said I get the disappointed part, it's just the "Glad Togashi didn't put this in the manga" part I don't get.
nope, i think it will be same even if this movie become tv series arc episode.
because, still, doesnt matter how much you add the additional scene / developtment, the main point / main plot of this movie is just bad, forced, plain, flat and so on.
epilog of yorkshin arc was already good as well as prolog of greed island arc, if they put in this horrible story in between those two arc....

well, all of this is just my personal opinion based on my personal taste, so you dont have to agree with my statement
Old 2013-08-07, 08:45   Link #28
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Wasn't sure if I should start a separate thread or not... but I'm looking forward to the newly announced second movie!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...on-december-27
Old 2013-08-14, 23:31   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

Here's hoping it's better than Phantom Rouge. Most likely I'll be the last movie they'll do. By the it comes out HXH TV would nearing it's end, unless they plan on continue it with fillers....
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 08:31   Link #30
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

First teaser posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-unveiled
Old 2013-08-20, 07:08   Link #31
Reverzer0
Sleeping

I like the story indeed. At least it was revealed the things I wanted to see",