AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-16, 23:42   Link #81
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Hmm...episode 2 explains things a bit more than ep 1, but there's still a lot of questions.

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2006-10-17, 12:22   Link #82
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Well, it's Lunar who "fires the first salvo" for this series, as their subbed Episode 1 is now out.
Old 2006-10-17, 17:22   Link #83
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Hey, Lunar is great too! I'm torrenting the file right now.
Old 2006-10-17, 17:35   Link #84
solomon

yes i agree, i believe they worked on H and C and Ouranand both looked very well handled so i'm happy. GG and Nanashi are both good too but scince lunar got here first im going with them.
Old 2006-10-18, 07:13   Link #85
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
I'm not a seiyuu fan, really, but...

Shinichiro Miki!!11!!!1! As usual, he got to be the beautiful man with long hair, hee hee. <3

Also I was drawn by the fact that Keiji Fujiwara is voice acting the main guy Yuki. Though most likely I won't hear him in a cheerful mood like I'm used to in H&C. "Hagu-chan~"

Another thing I liked was the character designs, reminds me of old anime style (especially the eyes). I'm not too much into action, but I'll follow it.

I forgot to mention! Who else didn't think that scene of young Yuki looking at the red scroll witgh floating white fishes and old japanese music (what is it called?) totally awesome?

*rolls the thread to Fansubs sub forum*
Old 2006-10-18, 14:58   Link #86
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I'm quite disappointed with the first episode. Far below my expectations...

I don't usually go in for stories in this time period, and the first episode managed to vanish every interest I had on this show. The plot sounds very stupid, the character is nothing really new and the monsters are ugly-shaped. I don't know if I'll even watch the second episode. Heck, this is a BONES show. Where is all of their talent? Even the animation was just average, what the?

Good points? I liked the character designs. Oh, and the OP and ED songs were pretty good.
Old 2006-10-18, 16:18   Link #87
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I enjoyed the first episode, actually. I found the art rather charming and original. Such a "old" feeling too it which I surprisinly liked. Very good mood and color balance as well.
However, if it will last for many episodes, (I watch so many series now, I might have to priority some series over others) I might not keep on watching it. Do someone know how many episodes it is?

Hopefully some more plot will come. Right now it has the potensional to have a very good story. I hope we will see more depth soon. I like anime's which skips fillers and only consentrates on the story.
Old 2006-10-18, 16:38   Link #88
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
I enjoyed the first episode, actually. I found the art rather charming and original. Such a "old" feeling too it which I surprisinly liked. Very good mood and color balance as well.
However, if it will last for many episodes, (I watch so many series now, I might have to priority some series over others) I might not keep on watching it. Do someone know how many episodes it is?
Thank goodness, haha. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person on the planet who liked the first episode quite a bit.

As it's a doroku show, you can probably expect it to be 50~52 episodes.
Old 2006-10-19, 00:28   Link #89
solomon

Quite frankly, I enjoyed the first episode. It took it's sweet time establishing characters and settings and frankly little seems too sterotypical at all. The Youi were shown in due time, the Ayashi look interesting and there was no wasted dialogue. The animation was average, i think the designs were a tad blase but the drawings were handled well. The art design had nice colors and backdrops. Ko Otani's music seemed beautifully minimal at best while sounding like generic action show music at worst....it's workable. Seiyuu, no prob there. Overall, this doesn't seem to be an out and out crowd pleaser of OMGSUPERHYPERCRZYACTION! watchers and seems to be a responsible mature show with a variety of interesting directions to go in and stories to explore. I'm game

Plus; Am I the only one who found Yukiatsu explaination of the Tempo Reforms straight to the camera for that little bit hilarious? It was a great joke but didn't telegraph it, just came outta nowhere, nice subtlety.
Old 2006-10-19, 05:54   Link #90
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
yes i agree, i believe they worked on H and C and Ouranand both looked very well handled so i'm happy. GG and Nanashi are both good too but scince lunar got here first im going with them.
Totally off topic, but I think you are confusing them with Solar. They(Lunar) didn't do H&C AFAIK although they did do Ouran.

Last edited by Zappster; 2006-10-19 at 08:19. Reason: edited for clarification
Old 2006-10-19, 06:04   Link #91
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
...Overall, this doesn't seem to be an out and out crowd pleaser of OMGSUPERHYPERCRZYACTION! watchers and seems to be a responsible mature show with a variety of interesting directions to go in and stories to explore. I'm game...
Unfortunately for a doroku show not to be an out and out crowd pleaser seems a bit of an oddity. Which is why many wondered why Code Geass wasn't in this slot (having seen Code Geass it's obvious why) but if Ayakashi Ayashi sinks with low ratings because its not OMGSUPERHYPERCRZYACTION! then it'll probably put the death nail in the timeslot once and for all.
Old 2006-10-19, 06:05   Link #92
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
But I'm a little confused about the gender: Are ever one of them guys of those watrriors? One of them clearly looked like a girl (Except his voice) but he said he was a man. And the smallest warrior that attackted Yuki, is it a girl or a boy? he\she looks like a girl, but somethings not right...
Old 2006-10-19, 07:13   Link #93
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, the first episode is by no means great but I also didn't find it that bad, probably because I didn't really expect that much from a show in which people, you know, chase monsters. It definitely has room for improvement but I will watch some more episodes, if only for Michi Niino (Saizou's seiyuu).

Old 2006-10-19, 11:39   Link #94
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Unfortunately for a doroku show not to be an out and out crowd pleaser seems a bit of an oddity. Which is why many wondered why Code Geass wasn't in this slot (having seen Code Geass it's obvious why) but if Ayakashi Ayashi sinks with low ratings because its not OMGSUPERHYPERCRZYACTION! then it'll probably put the death nail in the timeslot once and for all.
This assesment is understandable, I'm trying to be more optimistic and think that maybe, theyre trying to go with an older, less hardcore fanbase for the show for the timeslot.
Old 2006-10-19, 14:00   Link #95
aardvark

Quote:
This assesment is understandable, I'm trying to be more optimistic and think that maybe, theyre trying to go with an older, less hardcore fanbase for the show for the timeslot.
I believe Aikawa did mention about trying to reach to an older audience as well as keeping the current audience that tunes in to that time slot. Actually I think it might have been mentioned on of the pages back...
Old 2006-10-19, 22:34   Link #96
ImClueless
Rawr

Hmm seems quite interesting and certainly better than most of the other monster shows right now.

Also, shouldn't this thread be moved to the fansub forum now?
Old 2006-10-21, 10:24   Link #97
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
But I'm a little confused about the gender: Are ever one of them guys of those watrriors? One of them clearly looked like a girl (Except his voice) but he said he was a man. And the smallest warrior that attackted Yuki, is it a girl or a boy? he\she looks like a girl, but somethings not right...
Yes, the one that looks like a girl (Edo Genbatsu) is actually a guy. And the little one who looks like a boy (Saizou) is actually a girl. @_@

Here are episode 3 pics and summary. Yukiatsu has to decide if he wants to join the Ayashi or not, and the "yoi" Rekkou attacks samurai mansions.
Old 2006-10-21, 22:14   Link #98
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Thoughts on Episode 3:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-22, 16:39   Link #99
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Thoughts on Episode 3:

Spoiler:
That's the best part in the entire episode. Why don't they keep her like that? She looks much better that way. Anyway, the rest of the episode is kind of slow. I hope they will pick up the pace soon.
Old 2006-10-23, 14:46   Link #100
ImClueless
Rawr

I wonder if this is going to turn into a "monster of the week" show or whether it will have a more define plot sotryline. Currently, I guess the show has displayed more maturity than what I would have expected from a monster show, show I hope it doesn't degrade into a shounen fest.

Also why is this thread still in General Anime!!!
Closed Thread