AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 08:33   Link #1721
holybell84

I went wtf too many times to count for episode 4........... and laugh too many times to count after being reminded of my own chuunibyou period.....
Old 2012-10-25, 08:35   Link #1722
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
And is it just me, or did the first picture remind anyone of Men In Black for some reason? XD
It remind me MIB with Neuralyzer.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:47   Link #1723
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I'm surprised how much I like Shinka. I really like her voice, too. I wonder who's her seyuu.

Being an Ex-Chuunibyou is suffering.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 08:58   Link #1724
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I forgot this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now I finally understand the real purpose of Shinka's hairclip!

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:38   Link #1725
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I'm surprised how much I like Shinka. I really like her voice, too. I wonder who's her seyuu.

Being an Ex-Chuunibyou is suffering.
I also like Shinka. She's Yuuta with a book in her "legacy".

I'm just kind of curious as to why she's so concerned about the book now that it's behind her. Since she used an alias, there shouldn't really be any concern for it tracing back to her. And how often would she see/hear excerpts from it anyways?

Sanae and Rikka are the only ones who takes it seriously. Seeing it turn into a cult bible would be interesting, but other than that, she has to go out of her way to see it. As for her being a BI***, Yuuta's not nice when it comes to his past either.

Yuuta attacks Rikka and Sanae all the time when they brings up his dark flame mastery. He does tsukkomi forehead chops, head chops, and delusion denials several times each episode at least. He even put Sanae in a locker. Shinka's attacks are just more brutal.

Favorite episode moments:
-Rikka and Sanae set off for the otherworld.
Reminded me of Eru and Mayaka starting off ending 2 in Hyouka.

-Shinka degenerates into Chuunibyou mode.
Still has it in her hehe...
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 09:50   Link #1726
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
As for her being a BI***, Yuuta's not nice when it comes to his past either.
It's quite different actually, they are obviously making Shinka out to be three layered: her extra goody goody side which she uses to face everyone outside; her "bitchy" real side where she says what she really feels about others (not just Deko-chan but how others are noisy, annoying etc, refer to her entrance in Lite 5, a comparison was made with Toradora's Ami, which is very fitting), and then there's her even deeper "chuuni" past.

Yuuta's natural/non-chuuni self is actually a nice person, in a sense Yuuta is actually a better person than Shinka.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:08   Link #1727
HandofFate

I really liked Yuuta's line "The ground hasn't done anything wrong" to shinka pounding the ground in frustation.
Old 2012-10-25, 10:17   Link #1728
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I really liked Yuuta's line "The ground hasn't done anything wrong" to shinka pounding the ground in frustation.
LOL yeah, that was my favorite tsukkomi line as well for this episode
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:29   Link #1729
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm surprised when suddenly Nibutani changed her expression...
so she is really Yuuta female counter-part... they're also similar in putting that fake emotion when interacting with other people...
well, if Yuuta has a positive thinking, he's actually maybe the only male student who managed to see the real Nibutani which means he got more chance to get near her

there we go, Dark Flame Master, Tyrant-Eye, Mjolnir-girl, and Mori Summer.... looks like they will get along together
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 10:41   Link #1730
Awrya
U mad?

Kind of expected she may be similar to Yuuta, trying to become return to 'normal', looks like people who were infected with chuunibyou will naturally attract each other

The subs changed compared to previous episodes, the Wicked-eye became the Tyrant-eye, which is the literal translation from Japanese?
Old 2012-10-25, 10:45   Link #1731
inisipis

Quote:
Episode 4:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

To all the UN-enlightened viewers who still thinks that Rikka is a Mei ripoff, can just take one look at this know whats it all about and realize that Rikka don't give a F#(k!

The show is getting better by each episode. I'll be expecting a final boss fight between Rikka vs Dark flame master for sure near the end. Probably to finally exorcise Yuuta's and Rikka from the Chuuni syndrome.

I like how they seem to be slowly portraying Yuuta to be more and more mature about his dark past. He didn't try to hide his ex-chuuni self from Shinka and even uses his old knowledge of his past life to advice Shinka on how to 'win' against Dekomori.

Dekomori sure has a hard head. I wonder if she can stand against Onee-chan's ladle.

I still like Shinka, even with her Yandere personality. I think she's into more in trying to erase her former self as a mean of removing any reminder from her mind, for her-sake alone, which she now thinks as an embarrassment, than as a prevention of other knowing her identity.

Last edited by inisipis; 2012-10-25 at 11:35.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:21   Link #1732
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I have a question... are the Lite versions worth watching? Are they completely different or does it follow the same idea?

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:28   Link #1733
Midonin
Last Engage

They're basically like the extra shorts you'd find on a DVD release, just being done so outside a DVD context. Cute little side stories.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:40   Link #1734
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I have a question... are the Lite versions worth watching? Are they completely different or does it follow the same idea?

Arty
If you like the show, it's definitely worth it. It add a little insight and show some back-story to the main show.(like how Rikka came up with the eye-patch and what Yuuta looks like back when)
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:43   Link #1735
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

They give some more insight on the characters so I think they're definitely worth being watched. Besides they're extremely short, they won't really take much of your time.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 11:48   Link #1736
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I have a question... are the Lite versions worth watching? Are they completely different or does it follow the same idea?Arty
They are additions to the main show; episodes 2 and 3 are especially worth watching, because episode 2 shows us the onset of Rikka's delusions, and episode 3 shows us Yuuta as Dark Flame Master.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:01   Link #1737
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

And they're going into my nexus 7 then! I was starting to feel the need for more Chuunibyou already!

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:05   Link #1738
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
I'm surprised how much I like Shinka. I really like her voice, too. I wonder who's her seyuu....
I talked about Akasaki Chinatsu (with a pic) in this post a couple of pages ago.

I thought her voice was one of the highlights of the episode. But then I rewatched and enjoyed Sanae (Uesaka Sumire: info photos) a lot too, despite the touches of Arai Satomi imitation.

Not that the two stars aren't doing a good job, as well. Characters/seiyuus page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 12:15   Link #1739
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
And is it just me, or did the first picture remind anyone of Men In Black for some reason? XD
You're not the only one.
Old 2012-10-25, 12:18   Link #1740
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
- Yuuta's confession in middle school...
Love you forever!

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen