AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 13:52   Link #8841
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Charlie had said it was Lucy, so I guess that's that...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:22   Link #8842
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Maybe it was just a confusing translation.
Not really. If one goes back, Makarov got some information from 4th leader Macao about Fairy Tail's general movements during the last 7 years. The information might not have been as accruate as Gajeel's but it proves that Macao had been keeping tabs on Raven Tail at least to a degree.

@ kitten320
Wendy's primary role was that of a Cleric. Clerics naturally don't have many fight-worthy techs at their disposal since all of their magic is devoted to status buffs, healing, detoxifying, etc. She appeared even younger than Natsu and possible Gajeel when they were with their respective dragons so she just could have been too young to start the physical training of a DS when she was with Grandine. If Wendy was 12 when we got to her in the story, and the dragons were missing for 7 years prior to that, Wendy was only 5 when Grandine disappeared. Not a lot of time to forge a kickass Wind Dragon Slayer...

And with this 7 year time gap, Celia's undoubtedly gotten far more battle experience than Wendy has so she has a lot more applications of her Wind God Slayer Arts than Wendy does. Wendy's magic, even with 2nd Origin, is just enough to get her nearly par with Celia.

As for Celia turning crazy, or at least becoming slightly more psychotic, I think we can attribute it to the God Slayer Technique. I mean, look how crazy Zancrow was. On a scale, Zancrow was about as psycho as Natsu is hot-blooded. So using that, Celia's behavior is in relation to Wendy's disposition, it's about the same. If Wendy was slightly psycho, she'd act pretty much how Celia's acting now - the smile of an angel but the words of a demon.
Old 2012-06-23, 14:23   Link #8843
alekos23

so chellia 's 1st spell is named after one of the greek wind gods , boreas . i bet she has one named after zephyros ( which i think is related to sephiroth , but i'm not 100% sure about it :P )
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:42   Link #8844
chidorimen

Okay after re-reading the red land in a frenzy I'm more than convinced that Zeref is connected to the dragons seeing as Grandine said they had to believe in him. And if Natsu and Gajeel are somehow over 80 is Wendy that age also?
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:46   Link #8845
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I highly doubt they are over 80 years old, it probably had something to do with Dragonslayer magic...why are we still discussing this?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 14:47   Link #8846
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Okay after re-reading the red land in a frenzy I'm more than convinced that Zeref is connected to the dragons seeing as Grandine said they had to believe in him. And if Natsu and Gajeel are somehow over 80 is Wendy that age also?
In her guild card it was stated that she is 12 (don't know why only we know her age unlike Natsu and Gajeel)
Old 2012-06-23, 14:48   Link #8847
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If Natsu was 80 years old there's no way he could go from a child to a young adult at the same rate as Gray and Erza did. This whole 80 years thing happened more than 100 chapters ago and people still think they could be 80...
Old 2012-06-23, 14:57   Link #8848
Miraluka
Banned

If I recall about Romeo he can use black fire but that doesn't make him a God Slayer, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Which should also a warning about just how big the next few events are going to be if lost and ancient magic that was thought to have died out are surging back out into the open.

Any time the ancient powers stir, *something* is about to go down.

Edit: Yep, it's better for my sanity to call him 'Mystogun'... I still refuse to believe that he's set up with Erza... >< I hope Kagura runs him through.../grumblingrant
I want the old cool Mystogan back…
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:01   Link #8849
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If I recall about Romeo he can use black fire but that doesn't make him a God Slayer, does it?
His fire is purple, like his father's.
Old 2012-06-23, 15:09   Link #8850
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
His fire is purple, like his father's.
He has other color variations though, it wouldn’t be suprising if one of them is black but not related to God Slaying Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir
If Chelia was the one behind the 'magic' Jellal felt every year, then that means she had participated in the games since she was .. Romeo's age? I'm just guessing from her build and all.
Can I ship Wendy X Romeo??
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 19:56   Link #8851
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I want the old cool Mystogan back…
Me too, he was much more badass than the current "Mystogan".
Old 2012-06-23, 20:10   Link #8852
chidorimen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If Natsu was 80 years old there's no way he could go from a child to a young adult at the same rate as Gray and Erza did. This whole 80 years thing happened more than 100 chapters ago and people still think they could be 80...
Mashima is a big Chekhov's gun user (almost all manga artists are though, but Mashima does it more effectively). Things always matter. Should I take you back to Rave Master to better explain?
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 20:25   Link #8853
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Mashima is a big Chekhov's gun user (almost all manga artists are though, but Mashima does it more effectively). Things always matter. Should I take you back to Rave Master to better explain?
I'm not saying that it happened a long time ago so we should ignore/forget it. What I meant was that it is a waste to still discuss it after it being discussed to death.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:10   Link #8854
ranchan13

Quote:
Can I ship Wendy X Romeo??
Please do, they'd be so cute together
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 05:04   Link #8855
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Wendy's new magic is awesome...
I really hope she will win though... but seems like it's still hard for her to defeat Shelia

anyway, WHY Wendy always in danger??!!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 05:06   Link #8856
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She's not in danger...yet.
Old 2012-06-24, 05:11   Link #8857
hellscythe
black raison d'etre

but from what the illustration and the story goes.. if no one will interfere.. Wendy will be in danger after all
Old 2012-06-24, 05:38   Link #8858
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If I know Mashima and his trolling tendencies, Shelie will knock Wendy out with a wind blast that will expose Jellal's face and then it's Juvia pandemonium all over again
Old 2012-06-24, 05:43   Link #8859
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The old Mystogan was cool, quiet and mysterious. That's his whole stick. (Minus his Lelouch stint at the end, of course)

The new Mystogan is pretty much just 'good' Jellal, which means he's the cool dork character.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 05:45   Link #8860
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Me too, he was much more badass than the current "Mystogan".
That's kinda the whole point though...

The old Mystogan was cool, quiet and mysterious. That's his whole stick. (Minus his Lelouch stint at the end, of course)

The new Mystogan is pretty much just 'good' Jellal, who's current characterisation is the 'powerful guy who looks and acts cool, but is actually kinda awkward and dorky.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen