AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 04:40   Link #121
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Wow. I've subscribed but not posted. O.o

Anyways, I feel kinda bad that Aoki doesn't get as much spotlight as Taichi. Although the character development is there he seems to be the odd one out. He's been a fave of mine in the series since I started the manga a few months ago. I was greatly saddened when there was but 2 chapters, but am quite surprised about the anime adaptation.

Still, It seems to be heading into a love triangle? That's quite the headache. But since as I said I like Aoki better, I really won't be as invested in the ship wars heh.

On the other hand this Uwa Chihiro character seems to be very interesting from what I read here.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 04:49   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Wow. I've subscribed but not posted. O.o

Anyways, I feel kinda bad that Aoki doesn't get as much spotlight as Taichi. Although the character development is there he seems to be the odd one out. He's been a fave of mine in the series since I started the manga a few months ago. I was greatly saddened when there was but 2 chapters, but am quite surprised about the anime adaptation.

Still, It seems to be heading into a love triangle? That's quite the headache. But since as I said I like Aoki better, I really won't be as invested in the ship wars heh.
Aoki should have his turn to shine this coming arc as Yui is going to get hit hard from what I can tell. Of course, nothing spikes drama than a love triangle but this up coming issue that got us worried for Inaba is not the Love Triangle, but rather how she handles the latest 'crisis' and whether people would understand her.

I suppose I could place my faith in humanity, but I get the feeling there with be alot of battles to come... Of course, it's not like she could do any worse than Chiyuri

And Even if they forget about Aoki this arc, they certainly, most probably, wouldn't in the 3rd arc.

Quote:
On the other hand this Uwa Chihiro character seems to be very interesting from what I read here.
If you can find the Drama CD, Chihiro and the new girl appears in it. So far I've only got this

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:02   Link #123
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I'm still on v6 right now (very slowly but progressing.) I'd say we haven't seen the last of Dere-ban yet... baka-couple
I'm expecting a lot of hate from shippers and dere-haters
But to be fair... her "cold attitude" is nothing compare to certain someone in vol.4... I mean, that one is... ouch!
Vol4 Iori left me
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:05   Link #124
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Aoki should have his turn to shine this coming arc as Yui is going to get hit hard from what I can tell. Of course, nothing spikes drama than a love triangle but this up coming issue that got us worried for Inaba is not the Love Triangle, but rather how she handles the latest 'crisis' and whether people would understand her.
I would have expected Inaba to be the most level headed in the group, but she's turning out to be quite fragile huh as per 2 EPS ago...

Quote:
I suppose I could place my faith in humanity, but I get the feeling there with be alot of battles to come... Of course, it's not like she could do any worse than Chiyuri
To me each of the two have their own pro's I even consider Iori's personality issues to be a plus. Hence my initial reason for picking up this series xD

Quote:
And Even if they forget about Aoki this arc, they certainly, most probably, wouldn't in the 3rd arc.
That's great. Because having two male leads is pretty rare in this genre.

Quote:
If you can find the Drama CD, Chihiro and the new girl appears in it. So far I've only got this
But no translations? I can neither speak nor read Japanese. Otherwise I'd be reading the raws no? XD

Edit: Feeling bad for Iori though. I think polygamy should solve all harem anime problems hehehd

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 05:18   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I would have expected Inaba to be the most level headed in the group, but she's turning out to be quite fragile huh as per 2 EPS ago...

To me each of the two have their own pro's I even consider Iori's personality issues to be a plus. Hence my initial reason for picking up this series xD
Funny you should say that, Iori turns out to be quite the 'hero' in volume two... She would be the one to 'save' Inaba.

Quote:
But no translations? I can neither speak nor read Japanese. Otherwise I'd be reading the raws no? XD
Neither could I, but with the years of Anime watching under your belt, picking up the basic conversations and then filling in the gaps should be manageable
Old 2012-08-07, 06:31   Link #126
starlol

By hate from shipper, do you mean inabaxtaichi shipper?
Old 2012-08-07, 06:37   Link #127
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:

That's great. Because having two male leads is pretty rare in this genre.
Being level head = More information processed in your head = Easier to over think things = Easier to break
They say, ignorance is bliss

Have no fear Aoki will have his turn to shine! Fight Aoki FIGHT!

Quote:
Quote:
Neither could I, but with the years of Anime watching under your belt, picking up the basic conversations and then filling in the gaps should be manageable
English Translation is up to ch.4 of Volume 1. Progressing slowly.
Chinese Translation is up to ch.9 of Volume 4. And I've read a few comments about the translators not wanting to take on the volumes after that
I guess I'll continue my slowly chewing of the raw scans...

Edit: Oops, drama cd, my brain is not functioning apparently And apparently Chinese Translation has just begun working on Vol. 6

Quote:
Funny you should say that, Iori turns out to be quite the 'hero' in volume two... She would be the one to 'save' Inaba.
Iori x Inaban = BFF
They 'save' each other a lot

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-07 at 12:26.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 06:39   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
By hate from shipper, do you mean inabaxtaichi shipper?
Why would they hate their own ship

Nono, I think this upcoming conflict is going to be less about pairing, and more about which girl is 'nicer'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
The moment I saw its reception over at my coast, I can't help but predict that... Same goes to... uh, SAO. I guess there had to be something in SAO I can't get myself to like and they do... while on the other hand, dismissed the Oda Nobuna series before they can get started.

Personally I can't bring myself to dislike SAO at all even though its Index's number one rival at Dengeki.

On the other hand I'm finding it hard to care about AW at all.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

English Translation is up to ch.4 of Volume 1. Progressing slowly.
Chinese Translation is up to ch.9 of Volume 4. And I've read a few comments about the translators not wanting to take on the volumes after that
I guess I'll continue my slowly chewing of the raw scans...
We were talking about the drama cd though

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-07 at 07:37.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:43   Link #129
Athena
The Power of One

For the first time in my 3-years otaku life, I hate myself for reading spoilers. Hope this series won't end as tear-jerking as Bungaku Shoujo.

Quote:
Once Volume 2 starts, I foresee the whole thing becoming True Tears 2.0
If it does happen, then I wouldn't know how I'd react.

Reminds me that the translator for this series and I talked to each other and he said that he doesn't like the way the anime is going because of the focus. It has too much focus on fun and chit-chats compared to the novel and not enough on challenges, hurdles, learning to grow up and stuff.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:33   Link #130
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Reminds me that the translator for this series and I talked to each other and he said that he doesn't like the way the anime is going because of the focus. It has too much focus on fun and chit-chats compared to the novel and not enough on challenges, hurdles, learning to grow up and stuff.
Did he really? I thought the anime followed the key dialogues and subplots pretty faithfully. In fact, based on episode 1~5 alone they covered everything in vol.1 except a few body-swapping lol gimmicks (such as Aoki failing a pop quiz for Inaba in her body) and a few other unimportant details here and there (Inaba picking up phone call during their reflection meeting, Fujishima's dialogue, Yui punching Taichi in hospital etc).

Unless he's looking for the monologues of the characters like the ones at the end of each volume/arc, which I must say will not work in an anime adaptation. Unlike reading a novel, the anime POV don't usually allow viewers to read a character's thoughts. Not only that, monologues tend to be long and windy on screen, and is largely disliked by typical audiences.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:18   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post

If it does happen, then I wouldn't know how I'd react.

I might have exaggerated when I said it'll be True Tears 2.0; I meant it in terms of the English community's repsonse- it's going to be less about which pairing you like better, and more about which girl has the more bad points. You might have seen similar reactions with Aquarion EVOL....

I honestly don't know what your translator friend is talking about- The Anime followed the Light Novel as faithfully as it could. All the major story points are there and all the right notes are hit. If anything there's not enough focus on fun and chit-chats.
Old 2012-08-07, 18:07   Link #132
Athena
The Power of One

My guess is tithe probably meant that the anime was too much "fun" consider to reading the LN. But these kind of things are subjective and depend on the small details. The colour intensity of the background, the small details and such play a major part on that impression. It's not about how "faithful" it is by the number of things adapted, but much more about the kind of excitement it gives.
Old 2012-08-09, 12:40   Link #133
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Finally finished Vol.6

Some brief thoughts (spoilers aplenty)

Spoiler for I'm not kidding:

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-11 at 17:10.
Old 2012-08-11, 17:05   Link #134
exs120
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

So, how vicious are the next couple of episodes gonna be? Any meaningful Inaba vs Iori moments?
exs120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 17:17   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
So, how vicious are the next couple of episodes gonna be?
Emotional Freight Train ---> Inaba and Yui

Quote:
Originally Posted by exs120 View Post
Any meaningful Inaba vs Iori moments?
Probably the last episode of the arc... But not in the way you're thinking.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-11 at 17:55.
Old 2012-08-11, 18:06   Link #136
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
So I just read through the pages of this thread to see what spoilers I could find out. Not sure if I'm happy or not that I did but whats done is done.

Spoiler:

Well I hope to hear more good things from the guys that are reading the Chinese translations.
Old 2012-08-11, 18:14   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Well I hope to hear more good things from the guys that are reading the Chinese translations.
Anything in particular you would like to know? I learn that when it comes to spoilers, precision bombing is better than carpet bombing...
Old 2012-08-11, 18:20   Link #138
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
Anything in particular you would like to know? I learn that when it comes to spoilers, precision bombing is better than carpet bombing...
lol alright then. Has Inaba unleashed more of her desires on Taichi like she did in the latest episode?
Old 2012-08-11, 18:51   Link #139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
lol alright then. Has Inaba unleashed more of her desires on Taichi like she did in the latest episode?
Spoiler for What I know of Volume 2 though Lantern could probably do better:
Old 2012-08-11, 18:55   Link #140
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
Spoiler for What I know of Volume 2 though Lantern could probably do better:
Spoiler:

Tags
romance, shounen