AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-19, 13:14   Link #561
Dark Wing

Oh Akatsuki I don't care if you got disqualified on a technicality your will always be hide and seek champion in my book!
Old 2012-08-19, 13:15   Link #562
Xaturas

AS usual good ep, though I can't wait for plot to get serious. We got enough vibes in the background and next ep should start bringing it out to the light.
Old 2012-08-19, 15:52   Link #563
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
What I wrote in brackets was sarcasm... of course it was breaking the fourth wall and in a very clever manner in fact.

You know what... humans have evolved to resist their primal urges
No, they really haven't.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:02   Link #564
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Such a shame that Kuzuha didn't get her swimsuit taken . Well, that would be too much no? Love it how Akatsuki picks on Haruka all the time. I mean, I bet he's not even surprised anymore seeing her naked and getting stripped off her clothings
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 21:20   Link #565
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh Akatsuki looks like a dog with a bikini top in his mouth
Old 2012-08-20, 05:31   Link #566
Lukeman1884

What on earth made the two girls think that a pitfall was gonna work? I'm sure he's proven by now that he can jump (or even tunnel) out of a 3 meter hole.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 08:17   Link #567
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It was a quicksand trap. Presumably they expected him to get stuck in the quicksand and not be able to jump out.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 09:39   Link #568
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's surprising there weren't any naked boobs in the latest episode (unless I missed it?). A beach episode should mean breast festival in a series like this one.

There was quite a bit more plot than I thought there would be too. It's starting to get interesting.
Old 2012-08-20, 10:04   Link #569
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmmm... no one before has been able to beat the Demon Lord, and the guy from the other world thinks he can beat the one who did? Can't wait to see Akatsuki kicking his butt once he comes over.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:24   Link #570
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmmm... no one before has been able to beat the Demon Lord, and the guy from the other world thinks he can beat the one who did? Can't wait to see Akatsuki kicking his butt once he comes over.
It will be awesome.
Old 2012-08-20, 13:05   Link #571
Awrya
U mad?

Seems like Phil (or whatever his name was) prefers to stay in a world where he can be the one and only hero, rather than going to Babel and be one of hundreds
Old 2012-08-21, 11:13   Link #572
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Seems like Phil (or whatever his name was) prefers to stay in a world where he can be the one and only hero, rather than going to Babel and be one of hundreds
Hm, I was trying to remember whether someone had made a point about the maximum amount of time a hero can stay in another world..

And for all the people saying how OP Akatsuki is, and then others saying "it sucks that there's people stronger than him" .. geez, the world is vast! Don't get tunnel vision now!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 14:22   Link #573
Snuffle
likes cute things

I thought a hero was supposed to be OP.
(I'm talking about when there is actual fighting involved, not a passive type hero)
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 15:23   Link #574
Midonin
Last Engage

Hagure Yuusha 07 - Won The Battle, Lost the War

Whatever the motivation of the roundtable discussion, I found it nice that it was in there. The other world has been ignored for some time now, with Miu and Akatsuki's adventures taking up much of the runtime. I think Akatsuki may have been more serious in this game than he was in many actual battles, though once again, I have to begrudgingly admit that he is at least a decent guy. The shower thing may have been a loophole, but he might've won within the rules had he not made his sudden appearance with Miu out there in the water. Phil is antagonistic, but I'm not sure if he's evil. Someone on some side of this thing is miscommunicating something, but I'm not sure which party it is. And even if they do try to get Miu, it's not just Akatsuki that will be a problem. Miu packs a pretty strong amount of magical power herself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 15:58   Link #575
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Obviously there's something going on with the politics in that world and the demonic tribe may not be as evil was people think
Old 2012-08-21, 16:55   Link #576
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Obviously there's something going on with the politics in that world and the demonic tribe may not be as evil was people think
Typical trope, demons aren't bad just misunderstood. Victors write history. Politician are evil.
We can already see that coocon which governs the world is one bad criminal organization (something like Illuminati but legal and publicly known).
That king from that other world is also evil, its quite obvious from his design, pope may also have some dirt under his nails.

Basically as I said before, usual story setting is usual. Only difference is that MC is quite badass and unique compared to most of other titles, as there are some exceptions.
Old 2012-08-21, 23:11   Link #577
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I don't think there is a tribe in the world would call themselves 'demonic'. Must be due to perception by others.
Old 2012-08-22, 00:58   Link #578
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

The review ANN just gave the first 6 episodes really ticked me off. Why would you have a female who clearly doesn't have a taste for ecchi review a show that's aimed at pleasing young men with ecchi? And then, she spends like the rest of the review ranting on how Akatsuki is a jackass and what makes the show bad.

Are we watching the same show? Akatsuki is literally whats making this show right now, yet we have a Harem MC who actually has a backbone and not scared of women, and he's considered degrading the women and not a good person? WTF?
Old 2012-08-22, 10:15   Link #579
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Typical trope, demons aren't bad just misunderstood. Victors write history. Politician are evil.
We can already see that coocon which governs the world is one bad criminal organization (something like Illuminati but legal and publicly known).
That king from that other world is also evil, its quite obvious from his design, pope may also have some dirt under his nails.

Basically as I said before, usual story setting is usual. Only difference is that MC is quite badass and unique compared to most of other titles, as there are some exceptions.
^ Yep. Reminds one of "Daimaou" -- I'm starting to have an issue with people saying "typical trope" nowadays.. The fact that every single plot device and character development-type event is classified as a "trope"..

Basically everything is now a "trope" also means that nothing is a "trope"..

@Tenchi Ryu --

Hm, having read the review, from the perspective of most people, this show would be considered trashy sexist "guy-lit" (just like many consider Twilight to be "chick-lit"). Please remember that even guys like nomon and other Japanese readers that translate light novels and like series like Highschool DxD think of "Hagure" as a guilty pleasure. So from a broad audience perspective, the fact that the show isn't particularly respectful of women is .. true.. And goes to show how far broad public opinion is compared to types of anime-fandom. This is basically a VERY NICE way of saying -- "The fact that we like this show means to other people we're weird" (my fiance gives me weird looks when I watch this show or talk about Highschool DxD, and I even got her to watch other anime)

Last edited by willx; 2012-08-22 at 14:31.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:22   Link #580
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah I was about to not touch this subject but I guess a point has been made I can continue on.

Basically, the women in Hagure Yuusha actually ARE being humiliated. The reviewer actually has a point. This doesn't make people who watch and enjoy the series sexist (not necessarily anyways). Anime, like any fiction, is, after all, a break from reality.

Tags
action, ecchi, shounen