AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 20:13   Link #1321
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't really get what Killua proved with his wish. Making nails regrow doesn't sound like a big wish, and anyway what worried everyone was what Aruka would ask in exchange for healing Gon - and Killua's insitance on tackling that himself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 22:18   Link #1322
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn, they sure hyped that up =0x. Illumi vs Killua my ass. Well it was still a good chapter. I'm glad to see Killua wont just take anything from Illumi, threating him(with death) if he ever called Alluka a "tool". Like most though, Hisoka's teetering on whether or not to step in was VERY entertaining =03. I knew he would do nothing, but the thought of him thinking about how to get the most enjoyment[in battle] from the situation makes him such an entertaining char =03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't really get what Killua proved with his wish. Making nails regrow doesn't sound like a big wish, and anyway what worried everyone was what Aruka would ask in exchange for healing Gon - and Killua's insitance on tackling that himself.
I think what Killua was trying to prove was that their were no repercussions for asking to heal someone. He does this by having Alluka heal Tsubome's hand. What I'm guessing is that if the wish had some level of magnitude, "Nanika" or "It" wouldn't subside; it would continue to be the foremost personality, asking for more and more outlandish things until the power resets. I guess that since Killua wished to heal, It reset itself and fell asleep. Since that is the case(and assuming whatever rule Killua is hiding does not contradict this), there is zero repayment for healing Gon. Once Gon is healed, It will do the same thing it did here and fall asleep, and upon waking up will be the real Alluka.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 06:52   Link #1323
Key Board
Carbon

you think the other zodiacs will be targeting Hisoka to gain votes?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:07   Link #1324
christinemarie
Crazy One

Tsubone granted three of Alluka's pesterings.
Tsubone's injury healed which is the same thing Alluka inflicted by asking those finger nails.

The secret that Killua is hiding to Illumi is the real Alluka, there is actually repercussion except if he asked the wish on Alluka not on the other persona residing on Alluka.

Hisoka called off his desire to fight Killua/Illumi since he's interested on Alluka after witnessing what have transpired (healing ability that is beyond his comprehension), there is a strong possibility he could call up the Phantom Troupe, so he can finally have his dream match against the leader, Kuroro Lucifer if ever Kurapika's nen finally removed.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:28   Link #1325
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
you think the other zodiacs will be targeting Hisoka to gain votes?

Maybe, but I sort of doubt that they'd target him solely for the support of their fellow hunters at this point. I mean, if Hisoka keeps up that killing spree of his there would barely be any voters left!

Personally, I still sorta feel that his actions may force Ging to take matters to his own hands. I mean, I already know he goes out of his way to avoid contact with Gon, but I'd think his son lying on a hospital bed in a near-death state would allow him the opportunity to put a stop to Hisoka's madness without Gon finding out.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 17:08   Link #1326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nobody knows that Hisoka is involved (Amane and Canary have seen him, but they don't know his name. He made a point to remain anonymous), he's free to withdraw at any time if he gets bored/think it's getting to dangerous. The one that will be hunted down like a dog no matter what is Illumi.
Old 2011-12-30, 13:54   Link #1327
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Hello, I came to deliver this:

Spoiler:

And I'm leaving
I'm reading HXH atm, and dont want to get spoiled yet, sorry about that guys.
See you all later
Old 2012-01-11, 04:48   Link #1328
marvelB

New year, new spoiler! However, this summary currently isn't 100% guaranteed to be legit, but at least it seems to fit with the single spoiler pic that's out so far:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-11, 09:34   Link #1329
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
If this is legit, then it looks like s*** is about to get real....[/SPOILER]
Spoiler for 331:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:02   Link #1330
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly I feel cheated

Unlike Jairo who has still yet to appear there was nothing foreshadowing that Pariston would do that

regardless,

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-11, 11:50   Link #1331
marvelB

So that spoiler was legit after all.... well then, my comments:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-11, 17:16   Link #1332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pariston is getting more and more interesting. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite antagonist in HxH (and lord knows HxH has a lot of cool antagonists).

I never expected the ants to be relevant again so soon. Whatever Pariston is planning could be a major game changer.
Old 2012-01-11, 17:40   Link #1333
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pariston is getting more and more interesting. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite antagonist in HxH (and lord knows HxH has a lot of cool antagonists).

I never expected the ants to be relevant again so soon. Whatever Pariston is planning could be a major game changer.
I'm calling it: the ants will be pivotal in a revolutionized hunter exam.

I'm also a fan of Killua and Alluka. They're so incredibly loving to each other that it's heartwarming.
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:24   Link #1334
_Riku_

Another great chapter, Ging and Pariston continues to amuse me with their playful and egocentric personalities, their attitude towards their life pretty much sums up what a hunter is all about.

However, the scene with Alluka and Killua gave me a really bad feeling, and when remembering how Togashi usually handles character's who've played their role makes me fear for the worst =(.

Very doubtful that Alluka will survive this arc and if that happends because of Killua's quest for healing Gon, then we'll prolly see the two of 'em parting with eachother for a while.

Anyway, it's been a long while since I've been so excited about a manga as I am at the moment!
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:37   Link #1335
Key Board
Carbon

The only happy ending for Alluka is if she loses her powers and thus, not considered a threat by anyone anymore
Old 2012-01-12, 02:54   Link #1336
Key Board
Carbon

Shoot and Knuckle probably got a star
Old 2012-01-12, 06:48   Link #1337
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So that spoiler was legit after all.... well then, my comments:

Spoiler:
There is a chance that Leorio could still win. The dog (bitch?) might decide to give up her votes to Leorio to ensure a victory for him. Therefore spoiling Pariston's plans of voting till X day.

I doubt the ants will be that big of a threat to the elite hunters. Apart from the king and his 3 bodyguards, there weren't really many strong ants in the arc.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:06   Link #1338
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
There is a chance that Leorio could still win. The dog (bitch?) might decide to give up her votes to Leorio to ensure a victory for him. Therefore spoiling Pariston's plans of voting till X day.

I doubt the ants will be that big of a threat to the elite hunters. Apart from the king and his 3 bodyguards, there weren't really many strong ants in the arc.
If we're assuming that NGL + 5000 Ants is his plan for X-Day, then the only Hunters involved in it would be the Exam Judges. Everyone else would be exam takers, whom for most parts, aren't Nen-users.

Besides, I think a key note to take here is that there aren't many strong Hunters either. I mean, by Hisoka's evaluation, there's a ton of crap amongst licensed Hunters, and Greed Island itself was a good indicator that being a Nen user means crap in being an excellent Hunter.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 08:17   Link #1339
Key Board
Carbon

true.. your average Hunter can't do much against ants. Especially of that numbers

remember Pockle?

And remember there are only like what.. 600~ Hunters?

I really wonder how many people will still be alive after all this.
At this rate i won't be surprised if Togashi kills off Illumi
Old 2012-01-12, 08:29   Link #1340
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The vibe I got was that we're being set-up for a Hunter slaughter-house.

The fact that most of 'Gon's friends' ( Biscuit and co. ) are outside the conference hall kinda gave me the eerie feeling that most of the Hunters we've been introduced to are going to die.

With the surviving Hunters, exam candidates and Chimera Ants playing a game of madness in X-Day.

Pure speculation, but whatever.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain