Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-17, 00:23   Link #25281
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I find it amusing that a woman with a CCW would attempt to pass a weapons ban.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

The actual meaning of this gesture isn't one of pacifism and intolerance of violence, but one of privilege: you, me, any citizen who is not an official of the government--we are clearly less than they are.
Old 2012-12-17, 00:30   Link #25282
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Pot. Kettle. Black.

The actual meaning of this gesture isn't one of pacifism and intolerance of violence, but one of privilege: you, me, any citizen who is not an official of the government--we are clearly less than they are.
I think Dianne is still traumatized by this event she witnesed.
The Moscone/Milk murders.
After that I think she acquired this attitude of "do as I say, not as I do" and while she thinks SHE is responsible with a gun, she clearly feels no one else is.
Old 2012-12-17, 00:59   Link #25283
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

This is the politician who also said she "threw her gun into the bay" ... a serious bit of incompetency.

I'd be fine with laws (and the FUNDING) to address some real issues that actually achieve real results in reducing violence. But I want someone writing them who knows which end of the stick goes boom. That "assault weapon" ban (hint: there's no technical dictionary that uses that term, its a phony term) was piece of technical and grammatical garbage that achieved almost nothing. Feel-good nonsense at its worst.

And crap... this is news and politics but its getting too close to needing to be in that other thread for my comfort. I'm switching gears.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:10   Link #25284
GundamFan0083

I shall attempt to remedy that situation.

Syrians sounding alarm over growing food shortages

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/12/1...#storylink=cpy
Old 2012-12-17, 01:11   Link #25285
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm. Nearly all the international news vanished. Did the world stop everything because of a shooting in America? I was pretty certain all hell was about to break loose or something over the Syrian-Turkish border or that the Syrian military seemed to have bombed some Palestinians near their Israeli border.

Also aside from commentary in support of North Korea's missile launch and support of the Syrian government, we've not heard much out of Iran lately.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:15   Link #25286
GundamFan0083

You know Ithekro you bring a great--albeit very tragic--point.
Here we see the world media in a tizzy about a madman killing 20 children wtih one of those evil "black rifles" but nearly nothing about this story today.

U.S. Drones Kill 178 Children in Pakistan and Yemen
http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/u-s-...tan-and-yemen/

Rather odd how our media works.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:27   Link #25287
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post

I don't know, is it? I'm sure the Chinese have been reporting an awful lot about that knife rampage at a school and less on international news lately. I'm sure when that terrorist attack happened in Norway, they reported a lot less on what was going on in the Middle East and America for a while.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:28   Link #25288
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

ITT US media works on nothing more than solely profits. And citizen journalism is their anathema because it cuts their incomes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:32   Link #25289
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I don't know, is it? I'm sure the Chinese have been reporting an awful lot about that knife rampage at a school and less on international news lately. I'm sure when that terrorist attack happened in Norway, they reported a lot less on what was going on in the Middle East and America for a while.
But our government is responsible for those deaths.
It's not some nutjob with a weapon, it's our government kiling this kids with drones.
Isn't it the job of our media to report on this?
Old 2012-12-17, 01:34   Link #25290
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
But our government is responsible for those deaths.
It's not some nutjob with a weapon, it's our government kiling this kids with drones.
Isn't it the job of our media to report on this?
Say you are the government. Would you want your people to know that you are a bad person?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:36   Link #25291
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never really stopped them before.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:36   Link #25292
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Say you are the government. Would you want your people to know that you are a bad person?
Probably not.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:37   Link #25293
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

There are continuous rumors about Hugo Chavez demise, which ill be a game changer in Cuba (whose economy will not sustain itself without Venezuela's charity) and affect as far as Syria and Iran (who will lose another of their few allies). Russia will also lose some income as there will be no new orders for military equipment. Meanwhile my birthday gets closer by the day *death star theme*
Old 2012-12-17, 04:55   Link #25294
Kyuu
=^^=

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/kkk-...stboro-church/

In short summary -- Westboro and its bat-crazy nutty policies plan to picket the recent school shooting.

Of all the groups... the KKK steps in:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...iPFH_blog.html
Old 2012-12-17, 05:38   Link #25295
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
You know Ithekro you bring a great--albeit very tragic--point.
Here we see the world media in a tizzy about a madman killing 20 children wtih one of those evil "black rifles" but nearly nothing about this story today.

U.S. Drones Kill 178 Children in Pakistan and Yemen
http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/u-s-...tan-and-yemen/

http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/top-...ill-him-video/

Thoughts? If real, then I really feel like slowly strangling the life out of some fuckwit politicians now
Old 2012-12-17, 05:43   Link #25296
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Never really stopped them before.
Amendments were made. The Watergate affair is a pretty good example when the whole shit ran deep into the WH about the depth of NORAD's bunker. Sure it didn't stop them, at least improvements were made to prevent FOIA from becoming as useless as its other legal counterparts.

Quote:
Probably not.
Actually I think Bush Jr does. And probably Nixon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/kkk-...stboro-church/

In short summary -- Westboro and its bat-crazy nutty policies plan to picket the recent school shooting.

Of all the groups... the KKK steps in:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...iPFH_blog.html
How would WBC react when someone shoots up their Sunday School?

Regardless, it would be interesting to see the KKK activists drive by the church and attack it with an Mk 19 loaded with training rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/top-...ill-him-video/

Thoughts? If real, then I really feel like slowly strangling the life out of some fuckwit politicians now
I am having doubts about that print. It doesn't seem very.....authentic.

Old 2012-12-17, 09:09   Link #25297
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Egypt opposition calls for protests against basic law
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BD0CO20121217
Quote:
Egypt's opposition called for nationwide protests against a constitution backed by President Mohamed Mursi, after a vote exposed deep divisions that could undermine his efforts to build consensus for tough economic measures.
Old 2012-12-17, 16:39   Link #25298
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sorry, DPRK. Back to the drawing boards for you I'm afraid.

Quote:
The North Korean satellite launched into space last week is out of control and most likely dead, astronomers reported Monday. The apparent failure will not cause the spacecraft to fall quickly back to earth but represents a major setback in Pyongyang’s bid to portray the launching as a patriotic and technological success.

“It’s tumbling and we haven’t picked up any transmissions,” said Jonathan McDowell, a Harvard astronomer who tracks global rocket launchings and space activity. “Those two things are most consistent with the satellite being entirely inactive at this point.”
Old 2012-12-17, 17:10   Link #25299
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

this one was from MSN news. lol, time traveler car. what's next?

Source:
Time Travel photo
Quote:
You probably have enough conspiracy theories on your plate, what with Mayan prophecies and Crystal Skulls, but we've gathered shocking evidence that people might just be secretly time traveling all over the place. Look at the shocking photographic evidence of modern day faces popping up in sepia-tinted photos, present-day parking lots chock-a-block with futuristic vehicles, and incredible historic artwork revealing that ancient civilizations had laptops (not tablets though; don’t be silly). Are time travelers all around us? Are they moving effortlessly betwixt present, future and past? And will they be willing to share some lottery ticket numbers with us?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-17, 17:12   Link #25300
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Down the toilet with the DPRK!
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international