AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-01-13, 06:43   Link #641
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Question I got on the Windowless Building in District 7. Is it visible to the public?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 13:51   Link #642
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Question I got on the Windowless Building in District 7. Is it visible to the public?
Yes, it's a major landmark.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 06:20   Link #643
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
TY for the answer.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 22:22   Link #644
Shadow5YA

So I know this section is dead and all, but...

Can anyone explain what happened in this Virtual On crossover?

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/certain-m...ed-ps4-ps-vita
Quote:
Sega has announced a A Certain Magical Virtual-On for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, a crossover between Dengeki Bunko’s A Certain Magical Index light novel series and Sega’s Cyber Troopers Virtual-On action game series stemming from a crossover light novel published in May 2016. It is a high-speed battle action game with online support due out in Japan in 2018.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 01:31   Link #645
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
We already have a thread for that. Also the novel is completely translated.

Its a good standalone Index novel; at least good enough that the success of the novel itself inadvertently caused the crossover game to be green-lit to the surprise of both Kamachi and Watari (V-O producer).
Old 2017-08-07, 12:47   Link #646
Tenzen12

Not exactly Index question exactly, but I don't think there is any better place to ask. I noticed Kamachi has habit of putting sort of cross references in his novels. In Beatrice there were IntelVille and I believe in Index there was HO tv show and probably several others. Could you help me get it together somehow?
Old 2017-08-08, 12:56   Link #647
LazyHunter

In the Index novels you have the HO movie that's referenced twice (Touma talking about a recent remake is likely referencing the anime series), the Zashiki Warashi show Misaki watches in NT11 and I think there has been novel covers for HO and Blood Sign in the background of some color illustrations.

All the HO mangas have cameos of other Kamachi characters as part of the 37th Battalion. It started with Index characters (particularly Uiharu, Tsuchimikado and Misaka Imouto making repeated appearances) but Shinobu and Yukari from Zashiki Warashi and Kyousuke + White Queen from Blood Sign have also made cameos in the newest manga.

Zashiki Warashi has a HO LN cover as the cover of a PSP Dragon Hunter-like game about humans fighting giant rampaging machines. Mai Hishigami's outfit in vol 3 might be a reference to Index's Oriana Thomson's first outfit in the Daihaseisai arc.

Boo Boo has the reference to Zashiki Warashi with a police drama with Hayabusa and Enbi. Preview of vol 5 might have a reference to his Vampire/Zombie webnovel, but then again Maxwell is a cliche name for AIs/supercomputers. It also has a succubus with the exact same name as a demon in Zashiki Warashi, which Kamachi claims it's a coincidence.

Vampire/Zombie webnovel has a bunny girl announcer working for the evil bad guys named Karen, just like in A Simple Series. It also references Boo Boo via Ayumi's camisole, though you can only see this in the character designs due to lack of illustrations and no description of the design in the text, so that might be just Mahaya.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 13:46   Link #648
entei08

Here's a question, at the end of NT14 when Kamisato blasted off Touma's hand, where do you guys think IB went before it returned to Touma? Did it travel back from the new world, or did it basically wander off briefly but still in 'this world' the moment the hand was gone, then came back when it was reattached?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 20:56   Link #649
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

(Note: I am asking this as a person who has only read up until NT vol. 2, so no spoilers, please, unless it's necessary information to answer my question)

This has always bothered me, but is there any specific reason why the author uses those cringy random english words as names of various Academy City organisations? ITEM, STUDY, GROUP or whatever strange words I have seen in the main story or spin-offs. They sound so damn weird!

And yes, I am aware that Japanese often use "engrish" words because they supposedly sound "cool" from a Japanese POV, but this case seems a bit too extreme IMO and also feels kind of immersion breaking, since it's actually supposed to take place in a future Japan and I assume most in-universe characters who think up those names, scientists and ESPers, should be cabable of speaking English. I cannot believe that anyone capable of using English would use such names for organisations unless it's some kind of tradition or custom to name things like that in Academy City.

Did the author give any information about that in a Q&A or something?
Old 2018-07-10, 22:44   Link #650
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

My guess is the current culture in Japan now/has included English words into their culture probably has an effect on the author's sci-fi future Japan.

Due to the fact that American values semi merged into Japanese culture which gave them their constitution and imported American values, which Japan adopted and later became a eco-Japan versus an Imperialistic Japan.

But all in all I haven't heard of any type of Q&A about the author's style of righting, maybe because most of the readers don't care too much about English words, mind that the series started off Christian background of the plot that later builded up to cult or other religions versus the Science side... so this series is bound to have English words in it's plot.

I'll bring up American/Western influence and Western religions as the main reasons that is to why that the author incorporates so many English words in his light novels. Though in the end this is all my speculation and my theory of why we see English words in the light novels
Old 2018-07-10, 23:07   Link #651
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The author doesn't. It really is for rule of cool.
Old 2018-07-11, 22:16   Link #652
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The author doesn't. It really is for rule of cool.
I second this. I recommend just ignoring them, you get used to it.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 16:51   Link #653
KiharaRonin

Its better when you ignore stuff like this, not only do you get used to it, it shouldn't detract from the actual story and isn't that bad.

Tags
memories, q&a