AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-06, 16:00   Link #81
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
It would be a motivation for any human, without emotional ties, who believes it could be achieved, or knew it could - eternal youth, physical preservation, immunity to illness or disease and recovery/regeneration from injury. To accumulate infinitive wisdom and ability through a millenia of learned knowledge.

Much better than world domination or gold, the knowledge that you will out live them all would be mind boggling. I can imagine it not being much fun when the world ends though...space would be boring as hell for an eternity...

then maybe you can start creating your own world... if you can out-live the world, maybe that means you have enough power to create a new one.
Old 2004-08-06, 16:52   Link #82
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
then maybe you can start creating your own world... if you can out-live the world, maybe that means you have enough power to create a new one.
yeah, we've yet to learn the true power of the Philosopher's Stone, but it seems to be a human power, or at least tied to human souls. Even if you were the last human you may have access to the Gate. And therefore a millennia of souls to play with. So a world full of Humonculus is entirely possible.

Eek...I just hope the Master doesn't say that accompanied with a 'mwu-ha-ha'...
Old 2004-08-06, 23:04   Link #83
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

It'll be "fu fu" if anything, that's what manga evil laugh sounds like.
Old 2004-08-06, 23:37   Link #84
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

I'm still all but certain Dante is the mastermind in Lyra's body, and Hoenheim is against the Homunculus but had a hand in making them. There's a lot of evidence why, and I don't feel like typing it up, and Dante/Lyra's is mostly in here already =D
Old 2004-08-06, 23:46   Link #85
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Quote:
One bit of additional evidence for Lyra being the Master is in Yebyosh's translation of the spoilerfull summary for Ep.44...

Spoiler:
Bringing this up again also, we know that Hoenheim (supposedly) is back.

But to lend credit to Lyra being the master, note Lust is currently bound and unable to move. Did she run away?

Also a new note. In the episode where Greed died, he was lost and had nowhere to go. When he went to Dante's house... he mentioned wondering if he was going to beg her for his life.

Would he beg Dante, who created him, for his life? Or would he beg the /master/ for his life? Obviously if he was going to, he got his answer. That Alchemy had the Ouraboras sign in it. It was made to affect the Sins. And Lyra didn't make it... Outside a mention in an earlier episode that 'that person' made Greed and would want to know he was around again at another spot. Hmmmm?
Old 2004-08-07, 01:00   Link #86
Migs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Would he beg Dante, who created him, for his life? Or would he beg the /master/ for his life? Obviously if he was going to, he got his answer. That Alchemy had the Ouraboras sign in it. It was made to affect the Sins.
Er... watch carefully. The sign is not Ouroborus. It's actually the crest used by Edward, Alphonse, and Izumi: The snake around the cross, a crown above the cross, and wings beside the crown.
Old 2004-08-07, 03:20   Link #87
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zauren
Bringing this up again also, we know that Hoenheim (supposedly) is back.

But to lend credit to Lyra being the master, note Lust is currently bound and unable to move. Did she run away?

Also a new note. In the episode where Greed died, he was lost and had nowhere to go. When he went to Dante's house... he mentioned wondering if he was going to beg her for his life.

Would he beg Dante, who created him, for his life? Or would he beg the /master/ for his life? Obviously if he was going to, he got his answer. That Alchemy had the Ouraboras sign in it. It was made to affect the Sins. And Lyra didn't make it... Outside a mention in an earlier episode that 'that person' made Greed and would want to know he was around again at another spot. Hmmmm?
Good point, Greed definately feared Dante for some reason. He feared going into the Mansion and having to beg for his life. When he saw her and Lyra at the window he backed off, leaving Ed without a broken leg. At that point Dante held the power, not Lyra. After Dante 'died' Lyra illicited that same kind of response from Greed shortly before he was caught in the alchemy.

Regarding the caduceus, as has been discussed before, it seems to be the reverse of the ouroborous. The crucified serpent as opposed to the serpent biting it's tale. It could represent breaking the serpent's cycle by crucifying it i.e. destroying the Sins. The Master would have the power to create the Sin, the ourobrous would represent that process, and would use them as he/she saw fit.

However it seems to be that the ouroborus is a 'natural' sign, appearing on a Humonculus before they become a sin. So far the caduceus seems to be man made...
Old 2004-08-07, 10:51   Link #88
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Oh, it wasn't. Oops. Anyways, Sonhex has an interesting point. And I remember a hypothesis that someone purposefully made the caduceus as a counter to the sign of the homunculus. Either Dante did, passing it down to Ed and Al's sensei and her to them, or mayhaps someone like Hoenheim did.

The fact that Wrath was born with it can mean it's natural indeed, or that the source of it comes from the gate. Also, Ed said that Wrath was not born with a Sin power, but was instead born with the ability to use alchemy, and that is the extent of his ability -- whether other Sins have those powers at birth (Unlikely to me), or are given them purposefully (Very likely to me), is another question. But it would seem that a matured homunculus at least would have that sign...
Old 2004-08-07, 11:43   Link #89
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think we can close this thread now/soon. The identity of the master of the Sins has been revealed as of Ep44, so this entire topic is now moot.

I'm not going to spoil it here, but let's just say quite a number got it right, in more ways than one.
Old 2004-08-07, 20:03   Link #90
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'm amazed that some of these theories turned out to be as accurate as they did. That's what I call good analysis. Nice one Dreamless...
Old 2004-08-13, 15:13   Link #91
XenWarrior

*looks*

I know this is a bit off topic, but...Are you from LUE? The guy with teh limecat?
Old 2004-08-13, 15:30   Link #92
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenWarrior
*looks*

I know this is a bit off topic, but...Are you from LUE? The guy with teh limecat?
Me? Or someone else?
Old 2004-08-13, 16:09   Link #93
XenWarrior

Quote:
Me? Or someone else?

That woman in your sig doesn't look like limecat. I was referring to the guy that has limecat.
Closed Thread