AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-30, 00:24   Link #221
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

new character is interesting. not the drama i was expecting from the initial 30 seconds of the ep though.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:31   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i'm happy to say that the soundtrack is just as good stand alone as it is with the series. The music placement for this show has been one of the best i've seen all year, and i'm glad that listening to the soundtrack stand alone works the same magic.

I highly recommend this soundtrack for anyone who likes what they hear in the show.
Old 2009-12-01, 03:19   Link #223
mpt37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well i'm happy to say that the soundtrack is just as good stand alone as it is with the series. The music placement for this show has been one of the best i've seen all year, and i'm glad that listening to the soundtrack stand alone works the same magic.

I highly recommend this soundtrack for anyone who likes what they hear in the show.
I haven't had a chance to listen to all of it yet, but I skimmed through it and I'm glad they included my favorite track which is: 23 - Hotto Shita Shunkan.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:29   Link #224
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The OST feels very wispy and unique. Reminds me a lot of Aria and Umi Monogatari as of late. Maybe even some Sketchbook Full Colors kind of feel with some tracks.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 14:27   Link #225
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm pretty impressed at the pantomime routine that Sumi and Ushio pulled off at the start of the episode. Such complex sentences expressed with only subtitles to guide us. If they decided to do an entire episode like that (with matching music), I would find it highly interesting and experimental. Sumi's also very easily seduced if she starts going crazy at the image of Ushio in a one-piece. A bikini would probably cause a nosebleed that could rival the greats. (Like Kakuka over in Shin Koihime).
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 15:22   Link #226
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep9 was outstanding. Hilarious and touching. Top-notch anime episode.
Spoiler for ep9:
Takagaki Ayahi continues to excel as Murasame. One of the best performances of the year, for me. She said some lines in a brilliantly humorous way, and conveyed feeling well, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 02:41   Link #227
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2009-12-03, 06:29   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 09:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Takagaki Ayahi continues to excel as Murasame. One of the best performances of the year, for me. She said some lines in a brilliantly humorous way, and conveyed feeling well, too.
I agree with that. You can really tell she voiced Noe in True Tears.
Old 2009-12-03, 08:42   Link #229
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh pantomime. I have to admit that was very, very well done. I guess Aoi defines the crazy obssessive yuri fangirl, complete with overactive imagination. Makes me wonder if her parents actually know what kind of doujin she's really into.

And of course what's summer without beaches and... well women in said beaches? Insert a vague suggestion into Murasame's mind and you've got an agreeable drooling zombie.

All in all it was a pretty touching episode. You can't deny the level of comittment Aoi puts into her work which is admirable. In the end it seems to put some sort of doubts in Kazama's mind about... well Murasame and Aoi.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 19:23   Link #230
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I ignored the subs the first time around and just enjoyed the show.

Foolish Murasame, kick reason to the curb! Rocket car, goooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-12-03, 21:49   Link #231
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 9: Raged like the Fist of the North Star, damn. Azusa can cry more - the only likable part of the episode since it roused my loins.
Aoi hate aside, episode was nice. Peppered with a little funny here and there. I hope it gets flagged for a second season, since the manga is ending soon too.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 00:29   Link #232
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
since the manga is ending soon too.
Ehhhh? Where did you hear that?!
Old 2009-12-04, 02:54   Link #233
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Made Aoi actually lovable for me. Though the scary part in the episode was
Spoiler:
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 03:52   Link #234
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I didn't realize there was a manga as well (even though the first post probably mentions it -_-). I wish I had realized it tomorrow. I just spent precious sleeping hours going through what I could find. All I can say is that I hope the anime covers everything.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 12:58   Link #235
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
All I can say is that I hope the anime covers everything.
Well that's pretty impossible at the moment seeing as though this season is only 13 episodes long.
Old 2009-12-04, 13:57   Link #236
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Yea, but there could always be another season, and another after that. Gotta believe.
Old 2009-12-04, 17:54   Link #237
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well that's pretty impossible at the moment seeing as though this season is only 13 episodes long.
was there an official announcement?

well, if this show is only 1 cour i doubt it'll be 13 episodes. since it follows a 1 chapter per episode format 12 episodes would be a better stop.

well if it will be 2 cour, 24 episodes would definitely not be a nice stop. and i can't comment if 26 episodes would do since i only read up until chapter 24. well they do have have more than enough material for a 2 cour season so i'll still be hoping it will be so if there isn't any official announcement.

at least my hope is reinforced by the fact that characters that only start appearing in chapter 13 are making cameo appearances this episode.
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 18:17   Link #238
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Dude, anime is probably only going to go up to Sumi's trip. That means no Lotte and no further advancement between our two heroines. Yep, won't go any further than "D'AWWWW, they missed each other" sort of affection. Blue-balled by a yuri anime.

Did I mention I hate Aoi. Man, do I hate Aoi. I want Xration to make a doujin of her in the next comiket. I'd buy ten copies and scan the things in myself.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 20:32   Link #239
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Blue-balled by a yuri anime.
XD

I want to see the entire series animated, and since they're doing a 1:1 ratio it doesn't matter how long the first season is, to me, because they'd need to go for two to satisfy me regardless.

The only real difference would be in the time we received the new episodes, either 14-26 in January or waiting until next Fall/Winter . . . or never, I guess. -_-
Old 2009-12-06, 15:03   Link #240
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Made Aoi actually lovable for me. Though the scary part in the episode was
Spoiler:
That wasn't just me then. I thought exactly the same thing.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, yuri