Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
What's that?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 08:57   Link #7924
Trung-t-rung

Oh! It's Outskirt battledome. Not really sure what it is. Just a site about power level of fictional characters, verses,..stuff like that. Take it with a grain of salt though.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:14   Link #7925
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Question
Does anyone know what happens to a God if he/she loses its myth in history?
Like if the people that believed in them died and the God's stories aren't recorded.
And what happens if a God loses its main myth. For example if what was first a goddess of love becomes more prominently known as a demon, or even a God of Evil?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:31   Link #7926
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Question
Does anyone know what happens to a God if he/she loses its myth in history?
Like if the people that believed in them died and the God's stories aren't recorded.
And what happens if a God loses its main myth. For example if what was first a goddess of love becomes more prominently known as a demon, or even a God of Evil?
In the first case, the god dies. Gone, vamoose, never coming back.

In the second, the god would become whatever the changed myth reflects.
Old 2013-08-06, 20:17   Link #7927
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Of course, that only apply when the God isn't manifested yet. If it was manifested, well, I don't really know. Was Lancelot even affected by the changes in her myths?
Old 2013-08-06, 20:48   Link #7928
bakapervert
A pervert

Lancelot is affected I think. She already existed before the legend of Lancelot as the knight of the round table come to be. Yet in her latest appearance, she appeared as a perfect knight. I guess with the change of myth, its not that the god is changed, but more like their power is added with the latest myth.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 21:44   Link #7929
Trung-t-rung

I don't think the myth about Gods will easily disappear. Each of the myth will inspire other religion, creating new powers, new myths. Even the most ancient Gods still have their myths in modern religion or more popular myths.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:01   Link #7930
Kadi
知識の探求者

I don't think Lancelot has changed. She always was the armored knight, the basis for all other knights. But because the Lancelot myth is so different from her, she will never come back as "Lancelot", which makes Godou explicitly sad. Then again, I don't know why she can't just come back as her original self and Lancelot becomes an independent myth. Just like it happened with King of the End and Arthur (although the KotE isn't exactly dead). Ignorable plothole?

(Or maybe I got it all wrong again because I haven't read V9/10 in a long time)
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:03   Link #7931
zzhk
Summary Machine

Exactly as you said, the King of the End is not dead / returned to the Domain of Immortality.

He is still manifested in the mortal realm, except only dormant.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:34   Link #7932
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Then what happens when a God that has manifested loses its original myth completely and gains a new identity while manifested?
For example lets say that there once was a Godess named Lucifer of Love/Light, but her myth has become quite unknown and is almost lost. And when she manifests she is being seen as a Demon or (commonly known) the Devil. Because that idea becomes stronger her original myth becomes lost while she is manifested. Does it matter when she is still alive or does it matter when she is dead?
Old 2013-08-08, 07:41   Link #7933
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Then what happens when a God that has manifested loses its original myth completely and gains a new identity while manifested?
For example lets say that there once was a Godess named Lucifer of Love/Light, but her myth has become quite unknown and is almost lost. And when she manifests she is being seen as a Demon or (commonly known) the Devil. Because that idea becomes stronger her original myth becomes lost while she is manifested. Does it matter when she is still alive or does it matter when she is dead?
Judging from the case of Lancelot, I think that,while the God in question remains "alive", or "manifested" in the human world, he doesn't change his "form" or "abilities", even if the myths that gave birth to him / her have changed.

The changes in this god's "myth's" are only starting to affect him or her, after he / she "dies" and returns to the domain of immortality.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:49   Link #7934
Ultragunner

if a god/goddess already manifests in the human world, he/she will remain that until slain or go to the Domain of Immortality, or sleep...etc...It does not matter if his/her original myths have changed, they would just give rise to another deity that shares some traits with the original (name, power...) but they are not the same
Old 2013-08-08, 07:52   Link #7935
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Judging from the case of Lancelot, I think that,while the God in question remains "alive", or "manifested" in the human world, he doesn't change his "form" or "abilities", even if the myths that gave birth to him / her have changed.

The changes in this god's "myth's" are only starting to affect him or her, after he / she "dies" and returns to the domain of immortality.
So the armor and galloping Authority was already in her original myth? I think that the God gains additional aspects in addition to retaining his old ones. Should he die then he will only manifest with the aspects still connected with his name. So in the case of Lancelot, I think she has both the Queen of Amazon and Romantic Knight aspect, the latter she gained due to new myths, but will later since there aren't anything connecting it anymore.

You know what? Let's just say we has our own interpretation of the rule.
Old 2013-08-08, 08:02   Link #7936
Ultragunner

well, in the case of Lancelot, when she first appears in the LN, she wasn't a full-fledged god yet but just a "bodyguard" to Guinevere (you could say it's "semi-hibernation ), then the the loli divine ancestor "revived" Lancelot into a true Heretic God to face off against others (Godou, Alec, Athena), and to execute her plan (revive the King of the end).

At this stage, it could be argued that she does gain some traits from the changed myths of the figure "Lancelot" and the Holy Grail
Old 2013-08-08, 08:07   Link #7937
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
So the armor and galloping Authority was already in her original myth? I think that the God gains additional aspects in addition to retaining his old ones. Should he die then he will only manifest with the aspects still connected with his name. So in the case of Lancelot, I think she has both the Queen of Amazon and Romantic Knight aspect, the latter she gained due to new myths, but will later since there aren't anything connecting it anymore.

You know what? Let's just say we has our own interpretation of the rule.
Yes, armor and charging attacks were originally hers. Her people's cavalry was so effective because of it in the past. Leading other knights was her duty as a queen. Lancelot's fighting tournaments incognito reflects her own "visiting the town incognito", the basis for Mad Rush(?). The Protection of the Mist she has as Lancelot... is not linked to one of her original powers in the novels, but I'd assume there is something. Anyway, I'd say Lancelot's exploits are based on the abilities she already had.

As for gaining new aspects after getting killed... you're probably right, but it gets messy. Actually, this isn't just about coming back, it's about the very basis of Heretic Gods. Take Athena. Take Perseus. I think you can even take Melqart. They all have histories jammed in, some of them having roots in the same characters. I don't know where one god starts and the other ends. And that's without factoring in "identity" or "memories from previous incarnations". And then there's "being completely and utterly forgotten" (V12)...

I spontaneously decided not to bother with the details and just enjoy the novels. Looking forward to V16!
Old 2013-08-08, 08:19   Link #7938
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Yes, armor and charging attacks were originally hers. Her people's cavalry was so effective because of it in the past. Leading other knights was her duty as a queen. Lancelot's fighting tournaments incognito reflects her own "visiting the town incognito", the basis for Mad Rush(?). The Protection of the Mist she has as Lancelot... is not linked to one of her original powers in the novels, but I'd assume there is something. Anyway, I'd say Lancelot's exploits are based on the abilities she already had.

As for gaining new aspects after getting killed... you're probably right, but it gets messy. Actually, this isn't just about coming back, it's about the very basis of Heretic Gods. Take Athena. Take Perseus. I think you can even take Melqart. They all have histories jammed in, some of them having roots in the same characters. I don't know where one god starts and the other ends. And that's without factoring in "identity" or "memories from previous incarnations". And then there's "being completely and utterly forgotten" (V12)...

I spontaneously decided not to bother with the details and just enjoy the novels. Looking forward to V16!
Well Campione!Verse is the direct oppsite of Nasuverse after all... detailed and accurate myths, not bothering with the rules, and much more lax in interpretation so yeah, let's just jave fun reading the story.
Old 2013-08-08, 08:56   Link #7939
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
V16? What did I miss?
Old 2013-08-08, 09:13   Link #7940
Kadi
知識の探求者

You missed that I don't like the time traveling plot, so frankly, I'm not looking forward to V15 that much. So... you haven't missed much of anything.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem