AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-22, 18:43   Link #181
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Hmmm. Are we certain there will be thirteen episodes? I would be quite happy to see that episode 12 was the last one, for the simple reason that it is such an obvious cliffhanger that a second season is inevitable
animenfo says theirs 13 episodes so its a fact. I wouldn't mind an second season also.
Old 2003-12-22, 19:45   Link #182
Jasconius
HnK Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Jasconius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
animenfo says theirs 13 episodes so its a fact. I wouldn't mind an second season also.
animenfo isn't 100% reliable, but it is true that there will be 13 episodes. You can see it in the info for the DVD-BOX on the official page, and also if you go to the TV stations' homepages, you can see that the anime is airing an episode this week. ;P
Old 2003-12-22, 21:19   Link #183
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasconius
animenfo isn't 100% reliable, but it is true that there will be 13 episodes. You can see it in the info for the DVD-BOX on the official page, and also if you go to the TV stations' homepages, you can see that the anime is airing an episode this week. ;P
13 episodes is fine with me, I've seen too many awesome animes die horribly in the second set of 13 episodes (Kare Kano, Princess Tutu, Tenshi ni Narumon, etc etc).

They shouldn't force it if they have run out of ideas or the series wraps up fine with this coming 13th ep.

Oh, that reminds me. Have I asked how well this anime is playing in Japan? If I haven't I'm asking now. If it's going gangbusters will it be more likely that a second set of eps will be out?

-k

curious
Old 2003-12-23, 00:04   Link #184
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Trust me, we're all hoping for a season 2. And boy would we ever go bonkers for one. But I think with season 2 they should have the faries be grown up and running around with sensai and learning the world first hand out in real society. Now that would be a total blast.
ON WITH THE HENTAI! \o/
Old 2003-12-23, 00:42   Link #185
Esperchld
Photographer

Yes, can we have Bottle Sluts next. Maybe have them learn a new sexual practice every week.

I still think we will find out that Sensei-san is really keeping a fairy collection in the closet, and we will get to see rows of bottles full of dead fairies.
Old 2003-12-23, 01:08   Link #186
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Curious, I liked the second half of Tutu far more than I did the first half.
Old 2003-12-23, 01:28   Link #187
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
Curious, I liked the second half of Tutu far more than I did the first half.

Then I know how you got that title over there at HnK. Go check yourself into a mental institution, you psycho!

Nah, I'm kidding ya. You're alright. Y'all have done far more for knuckleheads like me in fansubbing these series than I will ever feel like paying you back for. Thanks.

Of course, I bet everyone here would be willing to buy beers for you, so if you come around to all our houses and apartments you'd be having free drinks for life!

-k
Old 2003-12-23, 01:34   Link #188
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen
ON WITH THE HENTAI! \o/
naw, c'mon. This series went from "debateably not lolicon" to "probably lolicon" when they did the swimsuit pinups in the summer episode.

I don't want anymore taint to my precious, precious fairies. They're to remain adorably cute and perfectly ideal little girls in a bottle on my shelf forever.
Yes. Forever.

-k
Old 2003-12-23, 01:48   Link #189
Esperchld
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
naw, c'mon. This series went from "debateably not lolicon" to "probably lolicon" when they did the swimsuit pinups in the summer episode.
Well the cycle can be finished with "absoluty lolicon". You could have them 'playing' with 'things' many times their size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
I don't want anymore taint to my precious, precious fairies. They're to remain adorably cute and perfectly ideal little girls in a bottle on my shelf forever.
Yes. Forever.
Do you put holes in the lids, because that is what I had to do to keep them from dying. Took a few sets but they finally can't excape and won't die on me. I feed them with an eyedropper full of nutrient water.
Old 2003-12-23, 06:20   Link #190
ShinDragon

Looks like ep13 might be a special ep.
Cuz if you buy the normal DVD version..... there are 4 DVDs... 3 eps each (12 eps)
but if you buy the DVD-BOX version.....there's only 2 disc but has 13 eps.

Well....... now I'm confused.
Old 2003-12-23, 06:54   Link #191
ato
Oups...

That is a bit confusing. Check out this and draw your own conclusions. Sounds strange that they would air an extra on television though. Could it be some kind of new years special? But they already had a "new years" show so...
Old 2003-12-23, 10:15   Link #192
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

An extra?? As in it's going to close the series, or are they going to leave us hanging and let us die of the anguish of waiting to find out what happens to the fairies until season 2??? AUGH!!! Say it ain't so!!
Old 2003-12-23, 12:13   Link #193
Kempis Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
Do you put holes in the lids, because that is what I had to do to keep them from dying. Took a few sets but they finally can't excape and won't die on me. I feed them with an eyedropper full of nutrient water.
[farside reference]
Put them all into one bottle, shake it up, and see if they fight!
[/farside reference]

-k
Old 2003-12-23, 12:39   Link #194
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I just saw the first episodie, mmm I don't like it so far, it is too wierd and I didn't see any point in story at all. It seems that this series is perfect for 8 to 13 years old kids.

(By the way... Are the Fairies lesbians? 0_0 specially the one with black long hair?
Old 2003-12-23, 13:27   Link #195
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
I had that impression too at first, just keep watching. ;p
Old 2003-12-23, 14:35   Link #196
abubo

Sigh... they are the new poster bishoujou for Magi-Cute... thus... I don't think there's any doubt that the are in fact, GULP, lolicon...

I was hoping they won't since my wife really, really loves the fairies. We hum the OP all day long. Please don't let it end in like DAT...

Please please sensei-san don't teach them the things you can't talk about!

Anyone noticed how oddly the super-combi fairy looked? Her proportion seemed to have remained child-like, yet super-sized? I guess if they made the fairies to be like, a teenager, it won't be exactly lolicon, but just ecchi...
Old 2003-12-23, 15:37   Link #197
Fronzel
Schmuck

What I find most odd about unihuman is her halo of hair, or whatever it is....

How was her character design decided? Does pink, blonde, grey and black make...weird peachy color? And she has grey eyes...like Sensei-san!

For some reason, I can't see the fairies as lolicon, which means I win.

Er...except in the ED picture of 12....
Old 2003-12-23, 18:58   Link #198
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Uh, call me stupid, but what's lolicon??
Old 2003-12-23, 20:00   Link #199
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Uh, call me stupid, but what's lolicon??
If you had looked back on this very thread you would have found, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=138
Old 2003-12-23, 20:55   Link #200
Esperchld
Photographer

lolicon are things that cater to the Lolita Complex. You will also sometimes see it as Rorikon. If you need much more of an explanation than that, I suggest you learn about some fo the sexual fetishes that people develop. Lolita Complex gets its name from a book called Lolita (you can look it up, I have no interest in talking about the book itself). It isn't one of anime's bright points.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen