AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 13:56   Link #81
John117xCortana

I'd want to come up with a PMC. And I'd like a Shiranui Second Phase 2 and an A-10.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:37   Link #82
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Getting a Niigata would be hard, since it only achieved IOC & was formally deployed in 2004. You'd be more likely to get an F-4, or an F-16, or perhaps a MiG-29 - one of the more cheaper 2nd Gen TSFs - than a brand spanking new XFJ-01.

That said, A-10s shouldn't be too hard; the A model is hanging around, and IIRC they make the C model for the mideast. The US is maintaining A-10s but isn't getting any more of them.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:35   Link #83
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I don't think a PMC would fare well in the Alternative universe.

I mean, you're basically paying men to pretty much die for you. This isn't modern warfare where normal tactics apply. You're facing an alien enemy whose sole tactic is to zerg rush and eat the enemy.

I wouldn't be fighting for the money.

Just sayin'.

The will to simply fight the BETA is why I think there is such a strong UN Armed Force in the Alternative world so people from non-affected areas can fight too.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 03:04   Link #84
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The majority would mostly want to fight to get their home back, and fighting along their friends, as shown in Alternative, TDA and side stories like Rain Dancers and Chicken Divers.
Old 2012-10-21, 05:53   Link #85
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Welcome to Alternative Earth. It's a world very much like our own, and yet different in many ways... most prominently, an infestation of the Beings of Extra-Terrestrial origin that are Adversaries of the human race.

To be a human in this world is to live day from day. It is a time of both great technological achievement and mindbreaking terror.

You're a resident of Alternative Earth. How are you going to survive as long as possible? You can't keep the reaper from calling... but you can try evade him as long as possible.

This thread serves as a location for discussion of just how one would go about surviving in Alternative Earth, as well as a frank assessment of life expectancy and how badly humanity is fucked. Due to the nature of this topic, this is regrettably a spoiler zone - it is very difficult to discuss this topic without making references to materials outside the animated adaptation of Total Eclipse. That said, let's continue to use spoiler tags - it's merely good practice, afterall.

Let the posters beware.

tl;dr, as grevierr put it: Welcome to Survivor: Beta. Outlive. Outkill. Outlast.
Since I'm techie in RL, I would design and build dinosaur(non-humanoid) type mecha.

Design a mech where the entire body designed for melee combat i.e. humanoid form is less suited melee combat e.g. tail (armed with multiple swords), arms (armed with claws), legs/foot (armed with claws), mouth (armed with shark type teeth and rail gun), forehead (armed with multiple swords).

I'll pick a modified T-Rex with the body integrated with rail guns.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 10:21   Link #86
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Since I'm techie in RL, I would design and build dinosaur(non-humanoid) type mecha.

Design a mech where the entire body designed for melee combat i.e. humanoid form is less suited melee combat e.g. tail (armed with multiple swords), arms (armed with claws), legs/foot (armed with claws), mouth (armed with shark type teeth and rail gun), forehead (armed with multiple swords).

I would have to say that anything that is taller than the BETA would be in range of the Laser class, so keep that in mind when you decide how tall your mecha should be

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 11:13   Link #87
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post

There are only two words I can say in response to this:

GRIMLOCK SMASH!

XD

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-10-21, 13:02   Link #88
John117xCortana

The PMC is for people who are sick of politics. I imagine most of the American TSF pilots that join my PMC would be the ones who are unsatisfied that their nation isn't doing much in the fight against the BETA.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:35   Link #89
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think we are not being inventive enough here. It probably can't support many people very safely, but how about living behind enemy lines? The BETA have conquered mainland Eurasia, and have massive strength of numbers, but Eurasia is HUGE. You could get a group of survivors and figure out how to live a nomadic lifestyle, using the shells of dead Destroyer-class as shelter. If you have skilled scouts, the right tools for finding food, and good luck, you could avoid having to fight any BETA or be detected by them. Better yet if the BETA are edible, you could use them as provisions.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 17:46   Link #90
erakk
Damned Basterd

Hum.... whats the state of South America? i'm guessing it's still standing? Since there are no hive threats to north america...?
Old 2012-10-22, 00:56   Link #91
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
Hum.... whats the state of South America? i'm guessing it's still standing? Since there are no hive threats to north america...?
Yes,it's totally safe...for now
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 02:43   Link #92
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Yes,it's totally safe...for now
Except for the Humans...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-22, 03:37   Link #93
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Wait,what?

It got invaded already?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 03:39   Link #94
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Wait,what?

It got invaded already?
Humanity has always been its own enemy. They brought BETA to Africa and South America for experiments. No one knows how many remain in underground facilities.
Read Rebirth prologue for more info.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-10-22 at 08:52.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:44   Link #95
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

...I'm now quite worried about the directions Comet will take. And given how good Sandek was at trolling... Is that a Polish racial trait?
Most people in Poland are morons (to put it politely), with few brilliant individuals mixed inside...when they snap, you get people like Sandek. Or the guy who created Cheka.

If they are not heroes, they will be trolls.

No-one will be raped. Don't worry.

...I think. Though, there will be sex, definitely.

I won't spoil much by saying that Valkyries will also be presented in much more negative light.

I wanna make Comet spoiler post sooooo bad.
Not now though.

---

I'm pretty sure South America is peaceful...besides the usual Banana Republic/Drug Wars dynamic that is going on even today.

I'm surprised no-one mentioned this yet: Working at Project Prominence. Testing out the most recent TSFs, dating all the hot women and going out for drinks in a place that might have been very well Las Vegas.

From time to time, you pull some Soviet ass out of the fire.

Don't know about you guys, but it sounds like a good deal to me.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 11:40   Link #96
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Most people in Poland are morons (to put it politely), with few brilliant individuals mixed inside...when they snap, you get people like Sandek. Or the guy who created Cheka.

If they are not heroes, they will be trolls.
I guess it's not too different from how the Americans are being portrayed in Comet, I guess. Morons, a few brilliant individuals, and trolls.

Quote:
No-one will be raped. Don't worry.

...I think. Though, there will be sex, definitely.

I won't spoil much by saying that Valkyries will also be presented in much more negative light.

I wanna make Comet spoiler post sooooo bad.
Not now though.
Speaking from personal experience, once I make spoiler post I lose a lot of my desire to write what happens leading up to the spoiler post. Resist, comrade! Resist for the glory of Comet! (Which surprisingly isn't quite my usual cuppa tea, but nontheless I find it interesting enough to BETA )

---

Quote:
I'm surprised no-one mentioned this yet: Working at Project Prominence. Testing out the most recent TSFs, dating all the hot women and going out for drinks in a place that might have been very well Las Vegas.

From time to time, you pull some Soviet ass out of the fire.

Don't know about you guys, but it sounds like a good deal to me.
... I actually planned for two key OCs of Good Morning BETA to end up at Garuda Flight, since nothing is explicitly stated about COSEAN's test flight at Yukon, and Garuda is said to be flight testing the F-18E Super Hornet.

...crap, I did it again

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-10-22, 12:26   Link #97
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Im wondering if this thread is moving away from its purpose, lets get back to surviving in the BETA verse. You can continue your discussion in the appropriate thread.

Old 2012-10-22, 12:50   Link #98
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm an Outer Cadian. Thread derailment is a natural event there. It usually gets back on the rails.

Now, how I'd survive this world...

Probably not well.

Best possible place for me to survive would be a CP somewhere, or perhaps an analyst or admin position - turns out I have a knack for figures (even though I'm not really good with them and HATE numbers) and for breaking down numbers into trends and info. So I figure I'd be a staff officer.

Which would actually be a fairly cushy job; away from the front, do analysis of what's going on, make recommendations... that'd be the best job for me.

... so with my luck, I'm gonna end up being a mech infantryman in one of our crappy Adnan AFVs, which will break down in the field due to lack of spares, as we're trying to run away from the BETA, with our aft hatch ripped off and me and the rest of my squad inside blasting away at Tank-class and hoping to kill it before it catches up to us and eats us.

Before I'm eaten, i'll pull the pin of my last grenade.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-10-22, 13:30   Link #99
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Poles had bigger impact on America's history then some people assume.

...Waitwaitwait, is that a pattern I see?

What do you mean, you derailed the thread!? Well, go back and fix it dammn it!

On topic note, for the people who choose to fight - or at least pilot a TSF, what unit would you pick, and why?

So far, I have three choices:

1.)EF-2000 Typhoon.
Beyond just looking bloody cool and having a wide scheme of outrageous color schemes, it's solid, fast multipurpose machine, which is equally good at chopping something with an axe as it is in shooting copious amounts of bullets. And it's not made by the French.

2.)Su-47E Berkut
Insane speed and maneuverability, stuck in one of the most badass mech designs conceived to date. I imagine the super-maneuverability makes it hard to control, but it could probably outrun everything short of a Raptor...and maybe even it. And it has motorized chainsaws. You don't go better then that.

3.)MiG-29 OVT Fulcrum
It's the MiG-29, but better! More speed, better avionics, more awesome paint scheme and still has four chainsaw blades of death. Range is an issue, given its LTSF. But other then that, excellent dog-fighter.

Cui is also making me consider the J-10X.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 15:11   Link #100
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
More often than not we wouldn't have a choice and I think the most common unit would be any of the F-15 derivatives or even an updated First Generation F4.

But in a perfect world?

Raptor.

XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote