AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-10, 04:44   Link #1
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Otogi Jushi Akazukin - Fairy Musketeers (TV)

Searched the Series Index and no thread was listed, which I thought was somewhat surprising, since two episodes have already been aired and subbed.

Never having created a series discussion thread before, I hope I'm doing it right. ^^;

ANN entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy and pasted
Suzukaze Sota is a normal boy except that he has a key to break the seal in his body. Witch Cendrillon who has evil eyes engages in secret maneuvers to obtain Sota's power. To prevent him from getting the power, Akazukin and Val, a silver wolf, came from another world. They fight against Hanzel, a black magician, and werewolves sent by Cinderella. Sota and Akazukin are wounded in the battles. Then, it awakes the power in Sota.
Official site
TV Tokyo site
(Yeah, I'm just grabbing the links from the ANN entry.)

YouTubed OP animation

I watched the OAV (discussion thread for that appears to have been lost), and I think the ANN entry is more suited for that (although it's not completely inaccurate for the TV series). So far the enemies aren't so much werewolves as just generic monsters.

Very cute characters (are you sure they're 14?), and requisite kiddy-show merchandising (Sweet Phone!) are evident. Akazukin herself (voiced by Yukari Tamura) is very kawaii, as is her "Juuuu-shii!" And for some reason (possibly the very synth-pop opening), I keep thinking that it's based on a console RPG.

I have no idea what the details behind the show are (whether it's straight-to-anime, based on manga/game/novel, whatever). Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by dkellis; 2006-07-10 at 05:20.
Old 2006-07-10, 10:08   Link #2
justsomeguy

If I remember correctly from the OAV thread, Akazukin was not based on anything other than the figurine created and released in limited numbers along with ep 1 of the OAV at an anime convention somewhere in Japan.

My question would be how come nobody has a copy of the second and third episodes of the OAV.
Old 2006-07-10, 12:43   Link #3
Silphy

Quote:
(are you sure they're 14?)
I Think they look 10....Maybe 12 at most....No way they're 14, all these kids have high pitched pre-puberty voices :P...and just...LOOK at them!

But the oficial japanese site does say they're all 14... Unbelivable.

Big thank you to Tv-Nihon for picking up the tv series! ^_^=
Old 2006-07-10, 12:55   Link #4
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, Souta and Ringo are in Jr. High School in the OVA and TV series. I thought that they looked younger too. King Ferdinand (the guy in the eggshell I think?) looks young also. Maybe it's because of the moe designs.

Didn't the OVA have a different target audience ( male otaku moe fan) or are they also still a target population for this show?
Old 2006-07-10, 14:46   Link #5
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Didn't the OVA have a different target audience ( male otaku moe fan) or are they also still a target population for this show?
I would guess that OVA was targeted to otakus, but I'm not sure about TV series. This airs 9 am, most otaku shows air after midnight.

Yay for tv-nihon for subbing this cute series. I liked the OVA (I hope that the rest of the OVA will be subbed someday), and while this isn't Nanoha it works for cute magical girl series for me. And both Nanoha and Akazukin are voiced by same person, Yukari Tamura. I thought that Akazukin sounded familiar but I had to confirm that.
Old 2006-07-10, 15:02   Link #6
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
It's oddly fascinating. I can't stop watching it, possibly because of Yukari Tamura.

She has a fairly distinctive voice, and I started getting Nanoha vibes when the OP song began, and I kept hearing it as "Spiritual Garden" (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's ending theme). Tomari (from Kashimashi) didn't sound this much like Nanoha, despite Yukari Tamura voicing her as well.

And yes, thank you to TV-Nihon for picking this up.
Old 2006-07-10, 22:26   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Funny - I was seeing Petepeto-san channeled, even before the sound-effects with Akazukin's steps. Something in the look of the series, I suppose. Certainly interesting enough to stay tuned for a while.
Old 2006-07-11, 13:11   Link #8
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

I was just on the Shining Fansubs website, the group who fansubbed the first OVA, and they said that the reason that they didn't fansub the other two OVAs was because they couldn't find the raws. If anyone can get a copy of the raws and contact them, maybe we could get the other two OVAs subbed as well. (I was over there because they released the second to last episode of Windy Tales. Woo, only one more to go!)
Old 2006-07-11, 15:07   Link #9
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Yeah, would be great to see the other OAVs get subbed. I only got interested in the OAVs after I got the TV series first episode raw on a whim, and found that I liked it. Looks like the OAVs are over a year old, so it might be a bit difficult.

More Akazukin is always good. Juuu-shii!
Old 2006-07-14, 08:19   Link #10
nil
nothing yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silphy
I Think they look 10....Maybe 12 at most....No way they're 14, all these kids have high pitched pre-puberty voices :P...and just...LOOK at them!

But the oficial japanese site does say they're all 14... Unbelivable.

Big thank you to Tv-Nihon for picking up the tv series! ^_^=
銃士→じゅうし→14

A pronunciation of 銃士(Jushi) is same as of 14 in Japanese, so that settings of their ages are 14 probably.
Old 2006-07-14, 10:34   Link #11
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So then these characters and Goro in season 2 of Major are the same age. Makes sense.
Old 2006-07-15, 01:48   Link #12
Seiryuu

I was wondering, and didn't see it mentioned so far, what is the third musketeer? I'm referring to her representative fairy tale, since I don't recognize that particular Japanese name. I know that Akazukin is Red Riding-Hood, and ShiraYukiHime is Princess Snow White, but what does the third juushi's name, Ibarahime, mean?
Old 2006-07-15, 02:10   Link #13
nil
nothing yet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I was wondering, and didn't see it mentioned so far, what is the third musketeer? I'm referring to her representative fairy tale, since I don't recognize that particular Japanese name. I know that Akazukin is Red Riding-Hood, and ShiraYukiHime is Princess Snow White, but what does the third juushi's name, Ibarahime, mean?
Ibarahime AKA Nemurihime is Sleeping Beauty.
Old 2006-07-15, 09:22   Link #14
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It's fun, Akazukin reminds me of Sakura a bit Goodie, found another nice show to watch.
Old 2006-07-16, 18:00   Link #15
Silphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil
Ibarahime AKA Nemurihime is Sleeping Beauty.
I didn't know her name :P but just watch her in the intro! shes always so sleepy looking ^_^

Edit: since we dont seem to have solid information on how long the series will last, anyone care to guess?

I'm expecting 26 episodes, but I would love 50+ :3

Last edited by Silphy; 2006-07-16 at 20:25.
Old 2006-07-16, 23:58   Link #16
HeavyYeti
Bleached Out

So the other 2 OVA's actually exist? Wow...I thought that the company just dropped them for the series. That's what I get for trusting 4chan...lol.

I actually like the premise behind this, but they bubble-gummed it up too much methinks for the series. However, the archvillians are awesome. Hansel has a sick voice.
I'll stick with this...and keep up on whether or not someone finds the other 2 OVA's...
Old 2006-07-17, 01:30   Link #17
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silphy
I didn't know her name :P but just watch her in the intro! shes always so sleepy looking ^_^

Edit: since we dont seem to have solid information on how long the series will last, anyone care to guess?

I'm expecting 26 episodes, but I would love 50+ :3
It will be 39 episodes.

いっぺん 死んでみる?
Old 2006-07-17, 01:53   Link #18
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Odd feeling looking at this show. Keep looking for the Devastator Mahou Shoujo Nanoha to appear to lay waste to the opposition. There's a lot to look out for though, blade weilding+cute overload loli with sarcastic wolf sidekick as well as Rie Kugimiya's classic Tsundere delivery.

Don't remember enough of the story to comment on Red's footwear, but who else thinks having a pair of squeeky boots while delivering violent sword death a little odd?
Old 2006-07-17, 17:01   Link #19
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Don't remember enough of the story to comment on Red's footwear, but who else thinks having a pair of squeeky boots while delivering violent sword death a little odd?
Yeah, I'm wondering why there's the cat-paw pattern on the soles myself. I mean, it's certainly cute, but I'm not sure if there's an actual reason for that.

Another RPG similarity: the enemies disappear into green sparklies. I'd actually not mind playing an RPG based on this; it feels light-hearted enough to be fun (Hansel wondering what oden is), and yet takes itself seriously enough for some drama to be at least possible.
Old 2006-07-18, 01:17   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is definitely not my kind of show, but it is very well done and the voice acting is superb. Tamura Yukari is just fabulous. Rie Kugimiya gives us a non-Shana tsundere. Kumai Motoko (Syaoran) really has a nice breathy boy-voice as Shouta.

And in ep3, Yahagi Sayuri kitaa! Ever since her run as Karin ended, I've been waiting to hear her in this as Gretel (temporarily called Erika, it appears). The incredible fullness of her voice is thinned out for the younger role. I knew she would be able to play a variety of roles. 2channel says she is also playing the little pink animal Kewpie, although the official site gives "?" as the voice for that role. For a 19-year-old new seiyuu to get a rep as being able to play animal sidekicks is a great start to a career. Not to mention having her second role being a semi-regular in another two-season series. Good start, Sayuri-chan. I'll be back next week to hear how you sound.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread