AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-01-20, 18:15   Link #121
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Over here in Malaysia its already a regular release at GSC cinema chains, I went to watch it with the friend I usually go shop gunpla with.
How many people watched the movie with you in the theater? I assume there weren't many because there aren't many Gundam fans among the mainstream audience, especially UC-specific fans. Also, did the Malaysian LPF censor some things in the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I can't comment on the 23 minutes video since I never watched it.
It's basically just the first 23 minutes of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
All I can say is the movie pacing is fast so usually nothing drags on for too long, which makes sense since it focuses on a new cast of characters. It isn't really that much directly related to Unicorn other than the discovery of the reality breaking powers of the Psychoframes observed in Episode 7.
Did the Phenex appear in CG most of the time?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 18:36   Link #122
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
When I went to watch it was mostly empty and as far as I can tell...nothing was censored.

Spoiler for movie spoiler:
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 02:34   Link #123
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It was mostly empty for me.

Nothing was censored as far as I could tell though there might be one naked Newtype communication scene that was suspiciously short by Gundam standards so I suspect that one might be cut short or cropped from the full picture.

Sometimes distributors self censor movies in order to get more age friendly ratings but yeah they'll have to follow the Film Censorship department categories to reach that certification and Malaysia standards for the age categories are kinda strict I suppose.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 18:02   Link #124
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Personally I didn't mind watching the movie like that. It makes me feel like I got the cinema it all to myself. ^^

Can we openly talk about the spoilers now?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 01:06   Link #125
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Can we openly talk about the spoilers now?
IIRC the rules for anime movie is that you can talk openly about spoilers when the home video is already available. That's because anime movies aren't widely available in theaters like Hollywood movies for example.

Otherwise, you can talk about spoilers within spoiler tags .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 00:16   Link #126
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Spoiler for movie:
__________________
*TL Note: Better than
Skype and Teamspeak

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 23:50   Link #127
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
So, I just saw it yesterday and it's quite a blast to watch a Gundam movie in a theater (in my little hometown no less, that's like a small miracle, thanks to people who built those malls here that attracted cinema chains and anime distributors like ODEX). And I went there and saw five other people watching with me. I saw a lonewolf (like me), a couple-pair, and a bro-pair. So, six people did watch NT at the time including myself. Btw, the chain only shown NT in one studio once a day. I was lucky to catch that on Saturday.

So, non-spoiler breakdown:

The Good:

The Story
First, I think people need to temper their expectation because no, this movie does not aim to be the next Unicorn or something. It's more like an epilogue for Unicorn if anything because it actually help explain things that happened in Unicorn and even i in Gundam shows prior to it. Considering NT is a little side-story with new characters with their own story that needs to be told in 90s minutes it's really well-thought out and well-told. It also provides a sound reasoning why most people stop exploring the psychoframe technology in the F91 era.

The Protags:
I can't help but like all the three protags enough to root for them. One of them you can love to hate at some point while you just feel sorry for the other two and want them to have a happy ending. Brick and the EF officer Iago are also pretty likable. And I'd say the little cameos are pretty nice, short and sweet. Really, they don't focus on too much cast in this movie because this is Jona, Rita & Michelle's intimate story. It's all about them.

The Music:
Another great work from Sawano. Of course, not as good as Unicorn coz you can't really replicate that first experience with Sawano's greatest tracks, but this is close enough.

The Not So Good:

The Villain:
Zoltan Akkanen is a one-note psychotic villain. There's no getting around that. He's basically just there to be one of the reasons why the events in the movie happened. His presence still makes sense though and helps to shine more light to how Full Frontal was created for those who only experience Gundam through anime.

The Animation:
Somehow, the animation in this movie is not on the same level of Unicorrn, Thunderbolt & Trailblazer despite being a 90-minute theatrical movie (not OVA or ONA). The movements are kinda clunky which was emphasized by the big screen where we can see all the details clearly. I'd even go so far as to say that the handdrawn mecha animation is below F91 and has more percentage of derpy Gundam faces compared to 00 series. The fact that Phenex mostly uses CG kinda help them out a bit. That's kinda strange, isn't it? Maybe they didn't get much budget or something because the director is capable of something better. Or maybe handdrawn mecha animation is just really dying right now idk. I want to see the upcoming new Code Geass movie to determine that.

The So-So:

Mecha Designs:
It's just "eh" for me since most of them are just recycles with not much difference from previous suit. There's no stand out unigue mechas like Khsatriya, Sinanju, Rozen Zulu, Shamblo, or Delta Plus that we saw animated for the first time. Not really a big fan of Narrative either. If I have to choose, that A-Pack is still my favorite. Sinanju Stein is still sweet though.

The Polarizing:

There are things that will probably polarize UC fans. On one hand, UC fans who like their universe grounded and "realistic" and hate the Newtype stuffs will probably be annoyed by all the Newtype "mumbo jumbo" and the time-altering & death-defying psychoframe devices that NT is running with. On another side, UC fans who likes the Newtypes stuff will almost certainly enjoy how NT expands on the idea and also clears some ambiguous concepts that's prevalent in Tomino's Gundam entry involving human transcendence.

All in all, it's a very nice experience that worth the ticket price (assuming the theater do not charge more than the normal price) and still a must watch for UC fans who like Unicorn and want to see the direct events after the ending of the OVAs (which was only glimpsed at by Twilight Axis).

Note: Don't bother staying for post-credit scenes. They only give you HF teaser that we all have seen online.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-20, 01:26   Link #128
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, I just saw it yesterday and it's quite a blast to watch a Gundam movie in a theater (in my little hometown no less, that's like a small miracle, thanks to people who built those malls here that attracted cinema chains and anime distributors like ODEX). And I went there and saw five other people watching with me. I saw a lonewolf (like me), a couple-pair, and a bro-pair. So, six people did watch NT at the time including myself. Btw, the chain only shown NT in one studio once a day. I was lucky to catch that on Saturday.

So, non-spoiler breakdown:

The Good:

The Story
First, I think people need to temper their expectation because no, this movie does not aim to be the next Unicorn or something. It's more like an epilogue for Unicorn if anything because it actually help explain things that happened in Unicorn and even i in Gundam shows prior to it. Considering NT is a little side-story with new characters with their own story that needs to be told in 90s minutes it's really well-thought out and well-told. It also provides a sound reasoning why most people stop exploring the psychoframe technology in the F91 era.

The Protags:
I can't help but like all the three protags enough to root for them. One of them you can love to hate at some point while you just feel sorry for the other two and want them to have a happy ending. Brick and the EF officer Iago are also pretty likable. And I'd say the little cameos are pretty nice, short and sweet. Really, they don't focus on too much cast in this movie because this is Jona, Rita & Michelle's intimate story. It's all about them.

The Music:
Another great work from Sawano. Of course, not as good as Unicorn coz you can't really replicate that first experience with Sawano's greatest tracks, but this is close enough.

The Not So Good:

The Villain:
Zoltan Akkanen is a one-note psychotic villain. There's no getting around that. He's basically just there to be one of the reasons why the events in the movie happened. His presence still makes sense though and helps to shine more light to how Full Frontal was created for those who only experience Gundam through anime.

The Animation:
Somehow, the animation in this movie is not on the same level of Unicorrn, Thunderbolt & Trailblazer despite being a 90-minute theatrical movie (not OVA or ONA). The movements are kinda clunky which was emphasized by the big screen where we can see all the details clearly. I'd even go so far as to say that the handdrawn mecha animation is below F91 and has more percentage of derpy Gundam faces compared to 00 series. The fact that Phenex mostly uses CG kinda help them out a bit. That's kinda strange, isn't it? Maybe they didn't get much budget or something because the director is capable of something better. Or maybe handdrawn mecha animation is just really dying right now idk. I want to see the upcoming new Code Geass movie to determine that.

The So-So:

Mecha Designs:
It's just "eh" for me since most of them are just recycles with not much difference from previous suit. There's no stand out unigue mechas like Khsatriya, Sinanju, Rozen Zulu, Shamblo, or Delta Plus that we saw animated for the first time. Not really a big fan of Narrative either. If I have to choose, that A-Pack is still my favorite. Sinanju Stein is still sweet though.

The Polarizing:

There are things that will probably polarize UC fans. On one hand, UC fans who like their universe grounded and "realistic" and hate the Newtype stuffs will probably be annoyed by all the Newtype "mumbo jumbo" and the time-altering & death-defying psychoframe devices that NT is running with. On another side, UC fans who likes the Newtypes stuff will almost certainly enjoy how NT expands on the idea and also clears some ambiguous concepts that's prevalent in Tomino's Gundam entry involving human transcendence.

All in all, it's a very nice experience that worth the ticket price (assuming the theater do not charge more than the normal price) and still a must watch for UC fans who like Unicorn and want to see the direct events after the ending of the OVAs (which was only glimpsed at by Twilight Axis).

Note: Don't bother staying for post-credit scenes. They only give you HF teaser that we all have seen online.
IMO you hit the nail on the head, that's pretty much how I feel for the most part



7.5/10 is my score for this
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 06:06   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
^ Yeah, 7.5/10 is a fair score. It's good for what it aimed to be.

Also, as expected, there are already backlash from UC-fans who really hated the "Newtype shenanigans" in NT. Many of those are UC-fans who hold onto "muh UC realism" even though Tomino already established Newtypes from the very beginning before Gundam even became a franchise. They already claimed that NT is the worst UC entry and the movie has ruined the UC entries that came before it (Heh). There are also people who expected/demanded that NT answers all the questions that fans had about Newtype before watching the movie and then made a rant when the movie did not fulfill that expectation to such degree. The rest of the rants & complains usually also came from people who missed some points because they haven't seen much UC entries before or didn't pay enough attention to the movie.

I'm starting to wonder, are the "UC die-hard fans" who totally reject the Newtype concept and the expansion of it can really be called "true UC fans" at all? I mean, Newtype and human transcendence is like half the point of the main UC story (if not more). The development of the Newtype powers in NT is certainly nowhere near as baffling as the Jedi power-evolution in The Last Jedi for such fan outrage. Frankly, the biggest event in the movie is no more outrageous than Amuro pulling an entire asteroid with only a cockpit-psychoframe of the Nu Gundam back in CCA.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-27, 21:18   Link #130
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Those guys are not worth spending time on or paying attention to, nothing you say will change their minds.

Just leave them be.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 03:33   Link #131
wissenschaft
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
How can one be a die hard UC fan and not except newtype shenanigans? I mean newtypes have been apart of the UC since 0079 and were such a prominent focus in Zeta gundam and ZZ gundam. Heck, Jadau controls ZZ gundam in some scenes by pure psychic power. lol In fact, that is exactly what psychoframe is, a way for newtypes to control mecha with their psychic power in a more stable way than what Jadau does with ZZ Gundam. As for realism, mecha is FAR from real. Even the real robot genre is absurd. The true realism in gundam comes from its focus on politics and the true nature of war where both sides believe themselves righteous while in truth both having corrupt flaws. Real life is often more gray than black and white.

Anyway, I'll have to wait to see the movie when the DVD comes out but from what I read I'll be quite interested in it. If it really does tie up some stuff up after unicorn such as why psychoframe technology was abandon by F91 then the movie will be a win in my eyes.
__________________

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2019-03-03 at 03:46.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 07:15   Link #132
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
How can one be a die hard UC fan and not except newtype shenanigans?
- Mate...have you met the number of "Old School Iron Man Fans" who first cracked a gasket over the Iron Man 2 movie, saying "Iron Man never had a silly gimmick like a suit in a suitcase!!"

There's a big difference between preferring non-newtype stories (which do have a place in Gundam, just see 08th MS Team and Gundam 0080) and wishing they weren't part of the Gundam mythos at all. I mean, I wish that there were more Star Wars movie like Rogue One (EG less Jedi and more on the normal troops of the Rebellion) but that doesn't mean I don't want there to be JEdi-related SW movies. Same goes for NEwTypes in UC Gundam: I like the stories with more non-special human beings as characters, but I don't mind a UC Gundam with NEwTypes that pulls off the story well.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 20:56   Link #133
justavisitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Don't have a chance to see this movie, but like what wavehawk said, I am the type who prefers the the non-newtype stories (big fan of 0083). New type is ok, and I am curious what type of trick they are pulling off this time

From "I can now win with funnel" in 0093, to the "time manipulation" (I only saw the first 23 min preview)...it sure is a big jump

All I want is just a good story, that's all
__________________
Come and join Ranka Lee Fanclub !!! Join our club and you will see
1)Ranka pics 2)Ranka/Alto pic 3)Relatively Sane discussion about Ranka 4)amv for Ranka
To all old and new Sheryl fans:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-03, 22:42   Link #134
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Don't worry it's not time travel.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 00:56   Link #135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Preferring the more grounded parts of the UC timeline is perfectly fine. Still, there are some "UC diehard fans" out there who would rather ignore the more "ridiculous" Newtype stuffs in UC. For example, whenever you bring up the fact that Zeta absorbs the souls of the dead and is glowing with pink aura during the fight with The O, those same fans would rather pretend that doesn't happen .


Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
From "I can now win with funnel" in 0093, to the "time manipulation" (I only saw the first 23 min preview)...it sure is a big jump
I mean, Amuro pulling a bigass asteroid (or two since Axis was split) with only a cockpit-psychoframe and Chan's T-shaped psycho-piece is as much a miracle as Moses splitting the Red Sea. After such feat, small manipulation of time is not really such a big jump compared to the jump from telepathy, lightning response & spatial awareness to what Amuro did in CCA which basically super-mega-ultra-telekinesis not even Jean Grey or Jedi Masters are capable of doing.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-04, 08:57   Link #136
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hic et ubique
At last, we have a release date for the BDs: May 24.
__________________
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 17:03   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Just watched it. It was a pretty big disappointment.

The movie seemed to rely overly on fanservice, with them referencing UC shows as much as they could, while not adding much to Gundam's lore. The only new thing was the explanation about the Unicorn unit's ability to manipulate time, the rest we already knew. It's not even a good explanation why that technology was or rather will eventually be sealed, because anybody would love to research such a thing.

The plot was paper fin and the main character had as much personality as a goldfish. They kept showing the same three flashbacks over and over to make us care about him and the other two girls but it was too heavy handed to work.

The villain was just another psychopath. And the only reason he was a threat was Char, again.

Extremely average entry overall.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 22:13   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Spoiler alert since the movie is already out in home video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The movie seemed to rely overly on fanservice, with them referencing UC shows as much as they could, while not adding much to Gundam's lore.
Considering that the source material is a side-story of Gundam Unicorn, that’s just about right & within expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only new thing was the explanation about the Unicorn unit's ability to manipulate time, the rest we already knew.
Eh, aside from the time-manipulation, the fact that now we have Phenex flying around the space piloted by a ghost (or probably two ghosts at the end of the movie) making sure that no more psychoframe uber-technology (which confirmed from Char’s ghost) being abused kinda adds just enough to the lore. Also, It’s nice that the movie confirms that the ghosts that we actually see throughout UC shows are actual spirits, not just a fever dream or symbolism like some fans insist in labeling all these years.

And this being a Unicorn side-story shouldn’t really add too much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not even a good explanation why that technology was or rather will eventually be sealed, because anybody would love to research such a thing.
Oh, I’m sure there are people out there who still want to get their hands on the psychoframe technology, but NT still make sense within the UC story.

First: EF sealed Banshee is just them being classic paranoid EF. I mean, this is the same government who put Amuro under house arrest for years in the period between MSG & Zeta instead of making him an active-duty officer and using his full potential for good because they scared of what Amuro can do as a Newtype. After the Laplace incident and the reveal of the charter, their paranoid-level must be off the charts, especially considering that psychoframe is a Newtype-specific technology.

Second: Unicorn is sealed (but not dismantled) probably because Banagher & Mineva really don’t want to open a new can of worms when they already had enough problems on their own. Also, Unicorn can only be activated by Banagher, so if he says "nope", not much can be done. Don’t forget that the crystallized Unicorn almost cost Banagher his life even though he is the chosen pilot for it. They probably treat it more as a last resort for now. Who knows what will happen in Unicorn 2 if Bandai actually make it as planned.

Third: Phenex has gone on its own and the only two MAs (Neo Zeongs) with the Psycho-Shards are destroyed and people still don’t fully understand (nor control) such technology. After the scary event of Narrative, it’s understandable that people are not rushing to pursue unreliable technology that can destroy themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The plot was paper fin and the main character had as much personality as a goldfish. They kept showing the same three flashbacks over and over to make us care about him and the other two girls but it was too heavy handed to work.
Quite agree with your take on the plot & personality, Still:

Does NT have to be more complex than what it is for a 90-minute one-off side story? I remember IBO’s plot being “bring this princess from Mars to Earth” for ĺ of S1 and almost nobody was complaining about it. I think the simpler the better for this kind of feature. No more convoluted plot like Gundam F91 please.

Jona indeed doesn’t have much of a personality. He is no Io Flemming or Daryl Lorentz, but considering he’s a movie-only Gundam MC, he's a real improvement over his predecessor, Seabook Arno. Does anybody remember Seabook? Yeah, exactly. He is so plain & forgettable that he’d fit right in with plain harem MCs from various games & anime. At least Jona has a backstory, agony and drive to achieve his goal to meet Rita again all these years as well as a bitter relationship with Michele. Seabook has nothing in comparison aside from his mild crush on Cecily. Unlike with Seabook (where I didn’t care what would happen to him when I watched F91), I actually rooted for Jona to get things done and be happy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The villain was just another psychopath. And the only reason he was a threat was Char, again.
Absolutely agree with this one, as I said in my own review.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Extremely average entry overall.
Somewhat agree, but it’s not bad and I’d still put NT above F91. The animation can be questionable at times but at least the movie has focus and has actual goals compared to F91 that went all over the place.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2019-05-28 at 23:01.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 12:02   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Spoiler alert since the movie is already out in home video:

Eh, aside from the time-manipulation, the fact that now we have Phenex flying around the space piloted by a ghost (or probably two ghosts at the end of the movie) making sure that no more psychoframe uber-technology (which confirmed from Charís ghost) being abused kinda adds just enough to the lore. Also, Itís nice that the movie confirms that the ghosts that we actually see throughout UC shows are actual spirits, not just a fever dream or symbolism like some fans insist in labeling all these years.
Fair enough. About the spirits, I thought it was widely accepted that they were, in fact, spirits. Given everything that happened in the past, I found it hard to have another interpretation, to the point I found it needless for the movie to spell out all that stuff. But apparently, it wasn't.

About the technology being sealed and not investigated further, the thing is that the time rewind ability has application for things other than war, so I would think they'd want to carefully study it before just sealing it away. Which for all we know is what they may be doing in secret.

I probably expected too much from this movie after Unicorn. It isn't bad, but with a few tweaks here and there it could have been a lot better. My main complaint is really the characters, the rest is more my usual nitpicking. The only one that stood out for me in the entire movie was Michelle.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 18:01   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About the technology being sealed and not investigated further, the thing is that the time rewind ability has application for things other than war, so I would think they'd want to carefully study it before just sealing it away. Which for all we know is what they may be doing in secret.
There are multiple factors of why it's hard for people to research it further.

First: Considering that the "time rewind" ability needed strong Newtypes (in Banagher, Full Frontal & Rita) to transcend their physical bodies (it nearly killed Banagher and he only able to come back when Mineva's Newtype spirit pulled him out, it killed Full Frontal, and it required Rita to die and became a ghost-pilot) even with the full psychoframe tech. Given those facts, I can see how sensible scientists refuse to do it. It basically needs human sacrifices (so far).

Second: The "time rewind" ability can't be controlled. The crystallized Unicorn happened because it reacted to Banagher's ultimate will to protect Mineva & the Magallanica from the colony laser no matter what. Full Frontal's Neo Zeong turned to dust after it did the time travel. The Phenex project ended in a disaster when Phenex went berserk and killing all the people on that ship's bridge before it went missing. And the whole experiment actually killed Rita, one of the strongest Newtypes so far.

Third: All the factions who possess the Unicorn units are against using it again. From the Banshee faction, it will take one helluva persuasion to convince EF to unseal the psychoframe for further research, given their paranoid nature. I'm not saying it's impossible. The chances are just slim. From the Unicorn faction, I don't think Mineva & Banagher would want to trouble themselves with it. Time-manipulation is dangerous when you don't know how to control it. From the Phenex faction, ghost-Rita & ghost-Michelle are really against using the psychoframe tech and will do anything in their power to stop the abuse of it.

That said, I can't wait for Unicorn 2 just to see what would happen next, but we're gonna have to deal with Hathaway first .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I probably expected too much from this movie after Unicorn. It isn't bad, but with a few tweaks here and there it could have been a lot better. My main complaint is really the characters, the rest is more my usual nitpicking. The only one that stood out for me in the entire movie was Michelle.
Hey, Michelle is also the main protag of the movie aside from Jona, so at least that part works for you .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.