AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-12, 07:39   Link #18641
AP24

I wonder what's going on here?
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 07:46   Link #18642
lil nightmare

do you think itís a battle(date) or a true battle? and why kurumi is fighting with yoshino wtf
lil nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 08:08   Link #18643
freedom891

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

So kurumi zaphkiel and rasiel is now permanent now? also is that yoshino's siryon armor? and why is she fighting against kurumi?
freedom891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 08:15   Link #18644
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil nightmare View Post
do you think it’s a battle(date) or a true battle? and why kurumi is fighting with yoshino wtf
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom891 View Post
So kurumi zaphkiel and rasiel is now permanent now? also is that yoshino's siryon armor? and why is she fighting against kurumi?
Maybe it has something to do with the battle royale that was mentioned in the summary for volume 20? Also kinda nice to finally have a idea what Yoshino’s Siryon armor possibly looks like, and just in time for the anime as well

Last edited by Seeker213; 2019-03-12 at 08:45.
Seeker213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 08:19   Link #18645
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
No he isn't. Different genres = different rules. I've said this to you before.
You never can tell with anime/light novels, no matter what genre they are, no matter what publisher they come from. Let's face it. Anything can happen.

Plus, I don't recall any other light novels of FMP's genre continuing its anime adaptation after its source material came to an end.

Going back to that illustration, I'm betting Yoshino's armor is really Zadkiel.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2019-03-12 at 09:08.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 09:00   Link #18646
AP24

Coincidentally we will see Siryon armor in the anime soon too
Old 2019-03-12, 10:15   Link #18647
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
You never can tell with anime/light novels, no matter what genre they are, no matter what publisher they come from. Let's face it. Anything can happen.

Plus, I don't recall any other light novels of FMP's genre continuing its anime adaptation after its source material came to an end.

Going back to that illustration, I'm betting Yoshino's armor is really Zadkiel.
Yes, you can tell - I'm literally studying this stuff at university right now, it's basic marketing. People get paid to predict this stuff all the time - and sometimes they are wrong, yes, but they wouldn't get paid unless they were right most of the time.
Anything can happen, yes - but that doesn't mean it will happen. My point has never been that Date A Live being full animated is literally impossible - merely that is is stupidly unlikely. Because it is.

Ah, that's because you misunderstood me. FMP's exact genre isn't important. What is important is that it isn't a harem story. FMP got a continuation because it is hugely popular in the west. Date A Live probably won't because its genre - the harem genre - is oversaturated right now. Most studios wouldn't bother with continuing the anime for a decently popular novel series that has ended (and thus, no longer bringing in that revenue as actively) when there's dozens of others that are all very similar to it and could all be decently popular themselves/already are and whose novels are still ongoing - thus ensuring much more money. Anime are very expensive to make, and DVD/BD sales are not enough to break even (that's why you'll get things like spin-off games or PVC figures - to help play for the anime).
Date A Live became as popular as it partly due to the anime, which it only got by stepping over the corpses of previous harem anime that were never fully adapted - the same will likely happen to Date A Live, even in the unlikely event we get a season 4. It's just the way the industry is right now, unfortunately. Not every series can be a runaway success on both sides of the Pacific, like Sword Art Online.

Yoshino's armour is probably her Siriyon ability that appears in V11, that is, indeed, Zadkiel-as-armour, yes.

Quote:

Volume 20's synopsis says that the Spirits will have a (friendly) Battle Royale to raise enough Spirit Power to keep Tohka alive. Since Mio was made from the world's magic, the world is taking it back now that she's dead - however, since Tohka is a pure Spirit, this will kill her. So the Spirits want to raise enough power for the world so that it doesn't kill Tohka.

Also, I guess that's Kurumi's Raziel + Tzaphkiel full Astral Dress? But then, why is Nia in her full Astral Dress as well?
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go, by D.U.

Last edited by The Chaos Entity; 2019-03-12 at 10:59.
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 10:49   Link #18648
BCMan5388

Quote:
Yes, you can tell - I'm literally studying this stuff at university right now.
Anything can happen, yes - but its still stupidly unlikly.

FMP got a continuation because it is hugelu popular in the west.
Date A Live probably won't because its genre is ovrsaturated - that's what I man by genre.
1. I don't think that's quite it. I'm sure there was far more to it.
2. Date A Live isn't like most light novels of that genre.

You really never can tell.
Old 2019-03-12, 10:53   Link #18649
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess

Quote:
1. I don't think that's quite it. I'm sure there was far more to it.
2. Date A Live isn't like most light novels of that genre.
1: There probably was, but it was certainly a factor. Again, you clearly don't fully understand the decision making process that goes into this kind of thing.
And nor do I, fully, yet, but I certainly understand far more than you do, clearly.

2: It actually is fairly average, yes. It's a fantasy harem, not a regular one. And there are tonnes of those: Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Highschool DxD, Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou, Shinmai Maou no Testament, etc etc...

Now, I personally think DAL is far better than any of those, certainly - but that's just a personal observation/opinion. They're all seinen harem light novels with fantasy and adventure elements, and that's all that matters to the studios involved. And more are released every year.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go, by D.U.
Old 2019-03-12, 10:57   Link #18650
BCMan5388

Quote:
Now, I personally think DAL is far better than any of those, certainly - but that's just a personal observation/opinion. They're all seinen harem light novels with fantasy and adventure elements, and that's all that matters to the studios involved. And more are released every year.
Well, it might not matter anymore. Let's face it. No matter what factors there are, absolutely nothing is predictable in the anime/light novel industry. And it's not those in charge of making the anime/light novels I'm talking about making those predictions. It's us, the readers and viewers.

And what if the still-possible fourth season ends up being a two-cour?

Consider this:

Episodes 1-3 could cover volume V12
4-6: V13
7-10: V14 and V15
11-15: V16 and V17
16-20: V18 and V19
21-24 (and up, if possible): V20 and beyond

If we're lucky, just a two-cour fourth season will be enough to adapt the rest of the story.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2019-03-12 at 11:44.
Old 2019-03-12, 10:58   Link #18651
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess

Quote:
Well, in this day and age, it might not matter anymore.
It actually matters far more than it used to, as I explained to Mazryonh above, because there are more of them now. More of them = less room for them = shorter adaptations to fit more in/make more money.

Quote:
Let's face it. No matter what factors there are, nothing is predictable in the anime/light novel industry.And it's not those in charge of making the anime/light novels I'm talking about making those predictions. It's us, the readers and viewers.
Wow, you're not listening to a thing I say. I'll quote myself below...

Quote:
Yes, you can tell - I'm literally studying this stuff at university right now, it's basic marketing. People get paid to predict this stuff all the time - and sometimes they are wrong, yes, but they wouldn't get paid unless they were right most of the time.
As for the second thing you say, I've bolded the relevant part above.

Quote:
And what if the still-possible fourth season ends up being a two-cour?

Consider this:

If we're lucky, just a two-cour fourth season will be enough to adapt the rest of the story.
No. You aren't listening.
Although, honestly, you get points for not saying Itsuka Disaster should be a movie.

1: Harem anime rarely get two-cour anime nowadays - so the chances of the already stupidly-unlikely S4 being two-cour is about as likely as the US landing on Venus next year.
2: That listing does not add up at all. You could not squash V14 and V15 into four episodes at all - five would be the bare minimum, and six far more likely. This is the exact same for V16/V17 and V18/V19. So, realistically, just by adapting V12-V15, you'd already be at 11-12 episodes. Adding in a second cour - just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, results in V16 and V17 taking us up to 18 Episodes, and V18 and V19 to 24.

So no, it wouldn't.

Letting Go, by D.U.

Last edited by The Chaos Entity; 2019-03-12 at 11:51.
Old 2019-03-12, 11:16   Link #18652
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Volume 20's synopsis says that the Spirits will have a (friendly) Battle Royale to raise enough Spirit Power to keep Tohka alive. Since Mio was made from the world's magic, the world is taking it back now that she's dead - however, since Tohka is a pure Spirit, this will kill her. So the Spirits want to raise enough power for the world so that it doesn't kill Tohka.

Also, I guess that's Kurumi's Raziel + Tzaphkiel full Astral Dress? But then, why is Nia in her full Astral Dress as well?
Well wasnít it mentioned in volume 19 that Mio gave the others the power to use there full strength despite being sealed? Could be a result from that
Old 2019-03-12, 11:23   Link #18653
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Well wasn’t it mentioned in volume 19 that Mio gave the others the power to use there full strength despite being sealed? Could be a result from that
The implication I got was that it was a temporary buff due to being in Ain Soph at the time, but I guess it could have been permanant, yeah, good point.
Or if it was temporary, Tohka could always just reapply it, I suppose.

Letting Go, by D.U.
Old 2019-03-12, 16:10   Link #18654
Some random Otaku

Quote:
I guess the whole Raziel + Tzaphkiel Astral Dress is just supposed to symbolize Kurumi being a good guy now, and we're not supposed to read to much into it.
Some random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 16:27   Link #18655
The Chaos Entity
Despair Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some random Otaku View Post
I guess the whole Raziel + Tzaphkiel Astral Dress is just supposed to symbolize Kurumi being a good guy now, and we're not supposed to read to much into it.
Visually, I agree, but she still has access to Raziel, so its more than just cosmetic.

Letting Go, by D.U.
Old 2019-03-12, 22:09   Link #18656
Mazryonh

Quote:
I agree with this and I don't.
On the one hand, you clearly missed that the whole point was Keima learning to embrace reality - of course he'd end up with one girl.
On the other hand, that giant thing was a completely random...thing...that did nothing and had no point, absolutely. Tying Elsie back in felt forced, too. Like, I agree that she should be important...but it should be organic - and not involve her essentially written out for half the bloody story.
For your first point, I guess I'm just a little too hung up on Hiro Shimono's excellent performance of Keima's "Screw the real world!" line (after he was turned into a cockroach by Chihiro) from the TWGOK anime series' first season to really get Keima's transition towards embracing reality. I still would have liked to see how Keima would have dealt with ending up with each of the Goddesses, or characters like Haqua.

As for the giant thing, now you have some idea of how I feel about the lack of appearances for the Inverse Spirits, or if the origin stories of the spirits don't all get revealed. The two Inverse Spirits we've seen have been shown to be serious threats, and it's likely the rest of them would also be huge threats and interesting to read about, let alone see in animation (and Inverse Origami got next to no screen time so far, and she barely moved).

Quote:
Ah, that's because you misunderstood me. FMP's exact genre isn't important. What is important is that it isn't a harem story. FMP got a continuation because it is hugely popular in the west.
FMP was not a harem, but there was a love triangle. I'm not sure how much that counts, unless you count a harem with two female members as a harem in the first place.

Also, how do you know that FMP was "hugely popular in the west"? You said that the original LNs were never translated into English, and the time between the anime's third season (The Second Raid) and Invisible Victory was 13(!) years. That's enough time for many fans to move on and forget about FMP entirely or give up on being anime fans. I am certainly grateful that someone in Japan saw fit to greenlight the fourth season of FMP, but I have no idea how they were convinced that it would make enough money. Do you have overseas sales figures for FMP or something like that? What about FMP's Japanese sales? I know the author has been making himself still relevant in Japan with series like Amagi Brilliant Park, at least.

Quote:
Date A Live probably won't because its genre - the harem genre - is oversaturated right now. Most studios wouldn't bother with continuing the anime for a decently popular novel series that has ended (and thus, no longer bringing in that revenue as actively) when there's dozens of others that are all very similar to it and could all be decently popular themselves/already are and whose novels are still ongoing - thus ensuring much more money. Anime are very expensive to make, and DVD/BD sales are not enough to break even (that's why you'll get things like spin-off games or PVC figures - to help play for the anime).
Date A Live became as popular as it partly due to the anime, which it only got by stepping over the corpses of previous harem anime that were never fully adapted - the same will likely happen to Date A Live, even in the unlikely event we get a season 4. It's just the way the industry is right now, unfortunately. Not every series can be a runaway success on both sides of the Pacific, like Sword Art Online.
I'll agree that the harem genre is oversaturated, though I think it's more the fault of LN authors all jumping on the harem bandwagon than through any fault of DAL itself. And "could all be decently popular" might just result in mediocre sales, in the end. If I were in some position of authority in Kadokawa I'd realize that DAL is at least known to be steadfastly popular, certainly not Haruhi or Bakemonogatari levels of popularity, but still better than the unknown quantities other harem LNs represent right now, so I'd vote for adapting DAL into anime as far as its popularity allows. I mean, fans of DAL don't just stop being fans just because the novel is over, right? And I'm pretty sure even you would want to see and hear Mukuro in animation. I'm still waiting on figures of Nia and Mukuro that likely won't be made until they appear in animation.

As for "corpses of previous harem anime," it's a pity that a series like Madan to Ou no Vanadis wasn't fully adapted into anime (moreso when the author is still putting out LNs based on its universe). Shinmai Maou no Testament at least has its 18+ elements going for its popularity though, and did get two seasons plus a movie like DAL did before DAL III.

Quote:
Consider this:

Try this diagram instead. It would likely take two 1-cour seasons to adapt up to Volume 19.

Images
Right now we're in the middle.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-12, 22:19   Link #18657
AP24

It's possible to cover Vol 16-20 in one-cour actually if Vol 16-17 and Vol 18-19 are covered in 5 episodes each.
Old 2019-03-12, 23:28   Link #18658
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
It's possible to cover Vol 16-20 in one-cour actually if Vol 16-17 and Vol 18-19 are covered in 5 episodes each.
Yeah probably not, since not only that would leave only 2 episodes for vol 20, as depending on how much content there is for vol 20, it would very likely mean somethings would need to be rushed or outright cutout for this hypothetical season 5 to fit a twelve episode anime. This of course does not include the very much agreed upon theory that vol 20 will likely end on another cliffhanger, which means unless there is a second cour, or a movie for the final volumes the anime would have to end on a cliffhanger.
Old 2019-03-13, 02:04   Link #18659
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Huh guess it may be just me but, I consider the volume 20 Spirit fan service shot to be one of the tamer ones. For the final volume one while I think it would be nice if itís all the Spirits, I donít think it may happen so Iím a gonna guess Tohka and Shiori
Tohka and Shiori on the final volume would be very lovely and fitting to see too. If fact if Goddess Shiori does become a thing in the last volume her standing with new form Tohka would be very cool and awesome to see. Yeah I got some issues with Tohka being the one to get Mio's sephira instead of Shido but if Tachibana ascends Shido into godhood as Goddess Shiori to go against new form Tohka that would definitely make up for it. Like first it's a little battle than the rest of it can be a epic date to save Tohka. The battle would be just to weaken her, not really hurt her. Come on Tachibana up the game with Shiori even further than before and let her stand in the same light as Tohka.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 03:57   Link #18660
Mizo

some leaks are out maybe this is the last volume from i could understand from teiba can someone plz check them out

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy