AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-13, 06:10   Link #18661
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
For your first point, I guess I'm just a little too hung up on Hiro Shimono's excellent performance of Keima's "Screw the real world!" line (after he was turned into a cockroach by Chihiro) from the TWGOK anime series' first season to really get Keima's transition towards embracing reality. I still would have liked to see how Keima would have dealt with ending up with each of the Goddesses, or characters like Haqua.
It doesn't change that its still the point.

Quote:
As for the giant thing, now you have some idea of how I feel about the lack of appearances for the Inverse Spirits, or if the origin stories of the spirits don't all get revealed. The two Inverse Spirits we've seen have been shown to be serious threats, and it's likely the rest of them would also be huge threats and interesting to read about, let alone see in animation (and Inverse Origami got next to no screen time so far, and she barely moved).
No.
First of all, I'd love to see the other Inverse Forms too. But the fact is, that they are unimportant - they'd bring nothing to the main story besides drag it out whenever they appeared. Tachibana could have easily structured things differently, and made them important, but he didn't want to. And that's fine.
Whereas, in TWGOK, there was just this giant random thing from nowhere with very little foreshadowing and explanation. They aren't even remotely the same thing.

Quote:
FMP was not a harem, but there was a love triangle. I'm not sure how much that counts, unless you count a harem with two female members as a harem in the first place.
FMP was not a harem-genre novel - that's what I mean.

Quote:
Also, how do you know that FMP was "hugely popular in the west"? You said that the original LNs were never translated into English, and the time between the anime's third season (The Second Raid) and Invisible Victory was 13(!) years. That's enough time for many fans to move on and forget about FMP entirely or give up on being anime fans. I am certainly grateful that someone in Japan saw fit to greenlight the fourth season of FMP, but I have no idea how they were convinced that it would make enough money. Do you have overseas sales figures for FMP or something like that? What about FMP's Japanese sales? I know the author has been making himself still relevant in Japan with series like Amagi Brilliant Park, at least.
As I've already told you, there was going to be a Hollywood movie. That's proof enough.

Quote:
I'll agree that the harem genre is oversaturated, though I think it's more the fault of LN authors all jumping on the harem bandwagon than through any fault of DAL itself. And "could all be decently popular" might just result in mediocre sales, in the end. If I were in some position of authority in Kadokawa I'd realize that DAL is at least known to be steadfastly popular, certainly not Haruhi or Bakemonogatari levels of popularity, but still better than the unknown quantities other harem LNs represent right now, so I'd vote for adapting DAL into anime as far as its popularity allows. I mean, fans of DAL don't just stop being fans just because the novel is over, right? And I'm pretty sure even you would want to see and hear Mukuro in animation. I'm still waiting on figures of Nia and Mukuro that likely won't be made until they appear in animation.
Bakemonogatari is not a light novel, its a normal novel (at least by official categorization in Japan. It's pretty clearly written as a light novel).
Also, I never said it was DAL's fault. But that doesn't chane the fact that the harem genre is oversaturated, and nor does your fantasy of being able to change it.

Quote:
Try this diagram instead. It would likely take two 1-cour seasons to adapt up to Volume 19.

Images
Right now we're in the middle.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yes, you've posted it before. It doesn't make any further anime any more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's possible to cover Vol 16-20 in one-cour actually if Vol 16-17 and Vol 18-19 are covered in 5 episodes each.
The only volumes covered in 2 episodes were V2 and V9. Even V5 and V6/V7 were adapted in 3 Episodes each. Most volumes are adapted into 3 episodes, even bi-partite ones. That is what they will continue to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Tohka and Shiori on the final volume would be very lovely and fitting to see too. If fact if Goddess Shiori does become a thing in the last volume her standing with new form Tohka would be very cool and awesome to see. Yeah I got some issues with Tohka being the one to get Mio's sephira instead of Shido but if Tachibana ascends Shido into godhood as Goddess Shiori to go against new form Tohka that would definitely make up for it. Like first it's a little battle than the rest of it can be a epic date to save Tohka. The battle would be just to weaken her, not really hurt her. Come on Tachibana up the game with Shiori even further than before and let her stand in the same light as Tohka.
Shidou is the main character, not Shiori, who is basically a gag at this point. If Shidou gets a cover, it'll be as himself - Shiori-as-a-Spirit was covered in a side story where Shidou has to seal her, not be her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
some leaks are out maybe this is the last volume from i could understand from teiba can someone plz check them out
They're probably just rumours - the novel isn't out for another week, after all - but PM me the link and I'll take a look, sure.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2019-03-13 at 06:30.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 06:33   Link #18662
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
some leaks are out maybe this is the last volume from i could understand from teiba can someone plz check them out
Definitely just rumors. Also, it doesn't make any sense for it to be the last volume.
DAL is a pretty big series. If Vol.20 would be the last one, then we would have had reports that it's ending, months ago. There were none, so it's clear as day that it's not over yet.

Whatīs the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 06:52   Link #18663
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Having looked over the link provided, it appears as though the coloured illustrations for V20 are out already, although I've no idea how.

This includes the contents page, which once again features Fragment Chapters between the main ones - each numbered 1-5, and it lacks an epilogue. The last chapter is labelled 'Final Chapter'.

So...? I dunno. Could be the last Volume of the main story, with one or two more books that serve to explain things like the Spirit's backstories etc (assuming those fragment chapters don't do that)...or it could just be something for hype purposes and ultimately mean nothing. We'll have to see what Tachibana says in the afterword when the book is out.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 07:03   Link #18664
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Or itís called the final chapter because itís the final chapter of the main story, and there will be an epilogue volume.
Old 2019-03-13, 07:05   Link #18665
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Or itís called the final chapter because itís the final chapter of the main story, and there will be an epilogue volume.
Oh! Yeah, that makes sense if we're only gonna have 21, yeah!

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 07:08   Link #18666
Mizo

Spoiler for spoliers:
Old 2019-03-13, 07:15   Link #18667
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Having looked over the link provided, it appears as though the coloured illustrations for V20 are out already, although I've no idea how.

This includes the contents page, which once again features Fragment Chapters between the main ones - each numbered 1-5, and it lacks an epilogue. The last chapter is labelled 'Final Chapter'.

So...? I dunno. Could be the last Volume of the main story, with one or two more books that serve to explain things like the Spirit's backstories etc (assuming those fragment chapters don't do that)...or it could just be something for hype purposes and ultimately mean nothing. We'll have to see what Tachibana says in the afterword when the book is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Quote:
Oh! Yeah, that makes sense if we're only gonna have 21, yeah!
Canít help but expect that the ĎFinal Chapterí will be a fakeout kind of deal like it ends with Shido trapped in a illusion world or something like that, with the next volume dealing with him having to realize it and escape it to save the Spirits.

But yeah thereís also the possibility that volume 21 will be a full on epilogue volume, just kinda assuming the worst
Old 2019-03-13, 07:23   Link #18668
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Canít help but expect that the ĎFinal Chapterí will be a fakeout kind of deal like it ends with Shido trapped in a illusion world or something like that, with the next volume dealing with him having to realize it and escape it to save the Spirits.

But yeah thereís also the possibility that volume 21 will be a full on epilogue volume, just kinda assuming the worst
The last chapter is 'Final Chapter: Last Day Alive' - which, given that the major caveat of the volume is saving Tohka, is almost certainly her. So either its a bittersweet ending, or its a fakeout and next volume is getting her back.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 07:37   Link #18669
lil nightmare

Volume 19 had ďfinal chapterĒ too
lil nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 07:43   Link #18670
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil nightmare View Post
Volume 19 had “final chapter” too
Yeah, I thought it did. It lacked an epilogue and ended with the heroine dying too...

Perhaps V21 will be Shido saving both Tohka and Mio? Tachibana did say that Mio's story couldn't end with V19...

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 09:15   Link #18671
lil nightmare

yeah and surely tachibana wonít rush tohkaís final arc with the end of mioís
im pretty sure this isnít the final volume
lil nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 11:59   Link #18672
Fhenex
Anywhere Nowhere

Volume 20
Chapter 3: Spirit War
Chapter 4: The last one standing is

Wonder if all girls began to kill each other or something?
Old 2019-03-13, 12:11   Link #18673
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhenex View Post
Volume 20
Chapter 3: Spirit War
Chapter 4: The last one standing is

Wonder if all girls began to kill each other or something?
We already know that they're partaking in a (friendly) battle royale to raise enough Spirit Power to save the world. They are not trying to kill each other.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 12:13   Link #18674
AP24

For me it's also an opportunity to see who is the strongest Spirit among them
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 12:24   Link #18675
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
For me it's also an opportunity to see who is the strongest Spirit among them
Not really a fair fight when Kurumi has two Angels instead of her usual one, and Tohka - if she even takes part - has Mio's power as well as her own.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 12:43   Link #18676
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Shidou is the main character, not Shiori, who is basically a gag at this point. If Shidou gets a cover, it'll be as himself - Shiori-as-a-Spirit was covered in a side story where Shidou has to seal her, not be her.
Yes I know about the side story but Shido still is Shiori to and through, it's his alter ego after all. No separated manifestation can ever change that. Also There's nothing stopping him from putting on a wig or using Natsumi's power to turn into a girl. Or some how Shido uses the Spirit powers to become a real girl or the power of Da'at (just my thoughts and theories, no need to correct me or be assertive by explaining it to me how it is) to become a Goddess Shiori. Or the most likely case IF this happens, the Spirit powers give Shido a badass form upgrade. Shiori the identity isn't the main character but if Shido becomes Shiori then that part is irrelevant. And yes I know too Shiori is just a gag character but there's nothing stopping a idea or character to become something more than it is.

Listen I understand my ideas are not entirely with the context of the story and you probably don't like them but there's nothing stopping these context to be inserted in little by little at a time. Crossdressing and boys turning into girls like Ranma are the elements on the side. And what I mean is these elements becoming more than they are, this is what I picked up on when Shido started crossdressing in the first place. Now I understand it's a bit too late for all of this but I still like to express these ideas and hopefully Tachibana will put them in or not or at last late notice.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 13:32   Link #18677
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Yes I know about the side story but Shido still is Shiori to and through, it's his alter ego after all. No separated manifestation can ever change that. Also There's nothing stopping him from putting on a wig or using Natsumi's power to turn into a girl. Or some how Shido uses the Spirit powers to become a real girl or the power of Da'at (just my thoughts and theories, no need to correct me or be assertive by explaining it to me how it is) to become a Goddess Shiori. Or the most likely case IF this happens, the Spirit powers give Shido a badass form upgrade. Shiori the identity isn't the main character but if Shido becomes Shiori then that part is irrelevant. And yes I know too Shiori is just a gag character but there's nothing stopping a idea or character to become something more than it is.

Listen I understand my ideas are not entirely with the context of the story and you probably don't like them but there's nothing stopping these context to be inserted in little by little at a time. Crossdressing and boys turning into girls like Ranma are the elements on the side. And what I mean is these elements becoming more than they are, this is what I picked up on when Shido started crossdressing in the first place. Now I understand it's a bit too late for all of this but I still like to express these ideas and hopefully Tachibana will put them in or not or at last late notice.
I've got no problem with them at all, but the novels are ending. Shido has never shown any special attention or attachment to being Shiori, and its far too late for him to pick any up, not to mention been far too long since she first appeared - so she isn't important. She was clearly never intended to be - like, unfortunately, Mana.

It's too late now to make her anything more, and Tachibana has never at any point implied that she will be. You can hope she will all you like - but just as nothing's stopping you from saying 'but I hope she will', nothing's stopping me from saying 'but she probably won't'. Shiori isn't importannt - get over it.

Besides, saying that Shiori is 'on the side' is a bit much - she was a major plot point in V6, yes, but every other time she's shown up (V9, V12 and V14) have been largely just for laughs - there is no depth to them. Had there been depth, then I would have agreed with you. But there hasn't. There have also been many oppurtunities where Shiori could have appeared more, too - like in V1, helping to sell manga...but she didn't. Shido and Shiori weren't designed to be like Ranma.

Tachibana works by foreshadowing things heavily - look at Tohka and Mio. If Shiori were important, we'd know by now. Of course, feel free to ignore these logical fallacies keep hoping/dreaming/theorising...but if you post them I will dissect them - that's what a forum is about. If you post a theory, others will dissect its points to see if it makes sense and if they agree or not. If reading my responses annoys you, then either don't post them in the first place, or just put me on your ignore list or something.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 13:46   Link #18678
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Huh guess it may be just me but, I consider the volume 20 Spirit fan service shot to be one of the tamer ones. For the final volume one while I think it would be nice if itís all the Spirits, I donít think it may happen so Iím a gonna guess Tohka and Shiori
Yeah canít help but think that somehow my joke suggestion for who would be on the final volumeís fan service shot, got taken massively out of context especially when I outright stated what it was.
Old 2019-03-13, 14:14   Link #18679
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Yeah canít help but think that somehow my joke suggestion for who would be on the final volumeís fan service shot, got taken massively out of context especially when I outright stated what it was.
Nah, s/he's always posting theories like that.

On the other hand, I actually could kinda see it being all of them... Let's hope, eh?

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-13, 21:04   Link #18680
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

So apparently the prologue and the first fragment chapter for volume 20 got leaked, according to Facebook. No idea if it is true since Iím shit at searching citations, but hereís a rough summary of what was supposedly leaked from Facebook
Prologue
First the Sephira crystals are reflections of an aspect of Mioís feeling when she is creating it, red is anger, blue is sorrow, and black regret. The more negative the emotion of the crystal the stronger the spirit it will create, but at the same time the crystal will require more refining before being safe for humans.
As such Mio tried to refine her own emotions before creating to try to limit the Ďtoxinsí that endanger the human body that lead to the deaths of people for the refining process
Eventually Mio used one of her stronger emotions: love. This leads to the Sephira crystal gaining its own free will and body, becoming the girl who would become Tohka. While amazed at the development Mio realized this could interfere with her plan, and tried to revert Tohka to her crystal. Tohka senses Mioís hostility and tried to attack her but is easily defeated.
Mio thinks about destroying the girl but decides against it since she is like her a pure Spirit. Mioís first words to Tohka are kinda ominous
ďMy daughter, I welcome you. ó To have arrived at the most vile world.Ē

Fragment chapter 1: guy doesnít have a good idea since the character is not named but thinks itís from Inverse Tohkaís perspective while sleeping in Tohkaís mind

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy