3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-09, 20:19   Link #41
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Still, there's this issue of them knowing only 'war and conflict', or rather, 'only knowing this way of living'. For me it's the most rational argument that makes me somewhat believe that those children would prioritize military warfare rather then a chance at a peaceful life.

Nevertheless, if you live on the streets or in the slums and you try to survive you do it not by killing people but rather by trying to acquire goods, money, etc. That is why I can agree that Mika and Orga wouldn't want to sell Tekkadan since war is pretty much the only way for them to live.
A small reminder that they live in an era of wars. And if they don't fight, they don't have sth called 'peaceful life' either. You see how they were treated as slaves and sacrificed stocks at the beginning. It is either fight or die situation.
For those who join them should be prepared to go to battle even if no one force them but they can't hide forever to live peaceful behind other' sacrifices.

And the war could only be stopped when the head of nations or government come together while Kunedia is still being useless and hiding behind Tekkadan, I don't expect they have a break anytime soon.

Btw I don't understand why this whole thread made a fuss about Hush he is such a cliche character that should be expected to make an appearance sooner or later. And his role could only either benefit or bring down Tekkadan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I would make that guess, too. He's the only one that knows about McGillis' antics. I guess McGillis can't wear his mask now that there's already a masked rival.
Lol more like every gundam series only need one masked person
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 20:39   Link #42
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post

Btw I don't understand why this whole thread made a fuss about Hush he is such a cliche character that should be expected to make an appearance sooner or later. And his role could only either benefit or bring down Tekkadan. :
maybe becasue he isn't the fact that we got his back story earlier then later means he might not be a traitor and that they have other plans for his character ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 20:55   Link #43
NBG

I like his mask

Spoiler:
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 20:56   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
I like his mask

Spoiler:
Gifv files don't work with the image tags.
Old 2016-10-09, 21:19   Link #45
NBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Gifv files don't work with the image tags.
Thanks for letting me know
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 21:24   Link #46
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Lol more like every gundam series only need one masked person
It would be interesting to have more than one at the same time. We could literally have a Char clone on both sides of the conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Really liking that the show delves this early into what make Hush’s character tick and at the same time shining more light to what actually happened to those who failed the AV surgery by giving us Hush’s POV. His motivation is understandable and relatable but he could use a better approach to improve himself instead of stupidly requesting the AV surgery which he himself knows that he’s too old for it. He’d better learn to pilot Mobile Suit the common way and progress naturally rather than asking the deadly shortcut. That aside, I really don’t like how he treat Atra and his gesturing to backhand her. Thank heavens Mika did what I wanted to do to Hush: catch Hush’s hand mid-action and squeeze it to the bone with Mika’s good-old death-stare as icing on the cake. Aside from my worry that Hush will be the Shinn of this season, I’m also afraid that he’ll also be the Saji of this season where he will be the cause of the death of a significant character (or multiple) before he realized that his approach was wrong. Okada & Nagai, please don’t go that annoying way.

Other things that I like form this episode is the interaction between Orga & McG. They know each other’s role and place in the game, and even though Orga don’t trust McG, somehow they’re still reliable toward each other. I’ve said this in season one and I’ll say it again: it’s really refreshing to see a Char clone who is helping the protagonist group (not because of brainwash or amnesia) which I haven’t really seen since Quattro & Harry. And not only that, McG helped Tekkadan from behind his high-rank desk by sending his man to assist Tekkadan. Now that’s interesting. It’s like Char sending Denim/Slender to help the White Base crew or Rau Le Crueset sending Yzak/Athrun to help Archangel .

One thing that caught my interest is how Earth-branch Tekkadan is doing. It looks like things are not all roses down on Earth. I’m so glad that they finally address this issue while giving more screentime for side characters like Chad, Takaki and former-brewer kid, Aston. From the looks of it, Chad is pretty much the PIC of Earth-branch while Takaki and Aston are helping to “educate” the Arbrau soldiers. And hey, we finally met Takaki’s sister Fuka in person. And she got to go to school too (on Earth, no less).

Also of note is Kudelia catching up with Mika after so long. She really missed him, huh? That kiss really worked like a charm.
I'm really hoping that Hush doesn't just become another Shinn. He's annoying me right now, but it's not to obnoxious levels yet. I'm hoping that instead we can get some development from him. I have a feeling he's definitely going to make some big mistake. He's going to try to force this surgery thing. ( He does realize that the Turbines are all excellent MS fighters and none of THEM have the AV system, right?) And it's going to cost him somehow. The only thing is where he goes from there? Does he learn his lesson and become better for it, or does he did his grave deeper and either becomes a traitor or a liability?

As for McGillis, like you I'm loving that we are seeing a Char clone actually working with the heroes. I know a lot of people are just watching and waiting for him to betray Tekkadan. I don't really think he has a reason to right now. They do the work he needs them to do, and he pays them for it in either money or supplies. It's mutually beneficial.
And with this new masked guy, I'm thinking that Montag might just shift back from anti-villain to anti-hero and become an actual full ally of Tekkadan. It all depends on how the new masked guy messes with McGillis' plans.

The thing with the stuff happening on Earth, I'm a little scared for Takaki. He's content now, has the life he always wanted, and he's sort of training up Aston. This spells out very dangerous death flags for him, and I'm kind of worried for the Earth branch. They really needed to have someone there other than just Chad, who is not as much of a presence as the Tekkadan senior staff. Maybe if Eugene was there, while Orga was at headquarters or something? I don't know. I just don't think Takaki and Chad are enough over there.

As for Kudelia, somehow I actually see her drawing away from Mika and Tekkadan somehow. In fact it felt there was a lot more space between their meeting this episode and it's really obvious at this point that Mika really only sees her as a good friend. I don't know if it was the ED or simply the fact that she isn't really able to see Tekkadan that often, but it just seems as if Kudelia is supposed to be on another path from them.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 21:52   Link #47
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I'm really hoping that Hush doesn't just become another Shinn. He's annoying me right now, but it's not to obnoxious levels yet. I'm hoping that instead we can get some development from him. I have a feeling he's definitely going to make some big mistake. He's going to try to force this surgery thing. ( He does realize that the Turbines are all excellent MS fighters and none of THEM have the AV system, right?) And it's going to cost him somehow. The only thing is where he goes from there? Does he learn his lesson and become better for it, or does he did his grave deeper and either becomes a traitor or a liability?.
I agree with this, right now me, I don't hate Hush only because

1. I know Hush wouldn't hurt Arta ( he looked like just just wanted to move her away )

2. He just want feel like his friend didn't die for nothing and that not really Mikazuki's fault he was just doing the things CGS told him to do, get another VA
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 22:58   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
As for Kudelia, somehow I actually see her drawing away from Mika and Tekkadan somehow. In fact it felt there was a lot more space between their meeting this episode and it's really obvious at this point that Mika really only sees her as a good friend. I don't know if it was the ED or simply the fact that she isn't really able to see Tekkadan that often, but it just seems as if Kudelia is supposed to be on another path from them.
I agree with that. A serious relationship between Mika & Kudelia is going to be really difficult due to the vast gap of differences between them when it comes to their way of life. It's like they're on different realms and it's hard to connect them. Heck, their conversation this episode is quite awkward. Sure, some anime-couples are able to “bypass” those problems somehow, but only if the pairs have really strong feelings toward each other (eg. Shiro-Aina, Loran-Diana, Banagher-Mineva, etc). But from what I saw, it’s only Kudelia who still has a (slight) interest toward the boy who gave her first-kiss while Mika doesn’t look interested whatsoever. There’s no way you can naturally make a romantic relationship out of them if their interaction stays that way or not going further from “protector and protectee”. So far, Atra is the more natural option for Mika.
Old 2016-10-09, 23:12   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm not even sure Mikazuki and Kudelia are aware that Atra's actively dragging them into a threesome relationship with her.
Old 2016-10-09, 23:35   Link #50
QSTraderDG86

Hush is giving me some Shinn vibes, and not in a good way. Angry, arrogant, ill-mannered, and full of himself.

Really would be irritated to see Gaelio come back. You'd think McGillis would do a thorough job and kill him.

Beyond that, I wonder how much of a plot point disabled Mika's gonna be.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 01:20   Link #51
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I agree with that. A serious relationship between Mika & Kudelia is going to be really difficult due to the vast gap of differences between them when it comes to their way of life. It's like they're on different realms and it's hard to connect them. Heck, their conversation this episode is quite awkward. Sure, some anime-couples are able to “bypass” those problems somehow, but only if the pairs have really strong feelings toward each other (eg. Shiro-Aina, Loran-Diana, Banagher-Mineva, etc). But from what I saw, it’s only Kudelia who still has a (slight) interest toward the boy who gave her first-kiss while Mika doesn’t look interested whatsoever. There’s no way you can naturally make a romantic relationship out of them if their interaction stays that way or not going further from “protector and protectee”. So far, Atra is the more natural option for Mika.
Hell, Mika didn't even have any romantic intent when he kissed her. He was literally just doing what he heard Naze talk about. Other than coming to see her as an important comrade , not much has changed between Mika and Kudelia since then.
Old 2016-10-10, 03:42   Link #52
Skye629

Edit: NVM, Rising made a point

For those wondering about the speculation of Gaelio being Masked Man prior to this episode, it comes primarily from information gained from model kits/MS information. In this case the Gundam shown behind Masked Man in the OP, which is Gundam Vidar, which supposedly, is re-built from Gundam Kimaris

Last edited by Skye629; 2016-10-10 at 04:01.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 03:49   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think you're misreading the situation, because it's implied that McGillis ISN'T aware of this new masked man, as he was treated as a secret supporter of Rustal. Furthermore, he's depicted/stated to be aware of how McGillis operates--and Ein wasn't terribly involved in the more political side of things in season 1, as he was busy wanting to avenge his superior. Right now the only one who'd be familiar with McGillis' treachery and act in a capacity to counter it is Gaelio.

I would've preferred it to not be Gaelio, but there's really no one else who fits the role. Ein sure as hell doesn't fit the role.
Old 2016-10-10, 03:59   Link #54
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think you're misreading the situation, because it's implied that McGillis ISN'T aware of this new masked man, as he was treated as a secret supporter of Rustal. Furthermore, he's depicted/stated to be aware of how McGillis operates--and Ein wasn't terribly involved in the more political side of things in season 1, as he was busy wanting to avenge his superior. Right now the only one who'd be familiar with McGillis' treachery and act in a capacity to counter it is Gaelio.

I would've preferred it to not be Gaelio, but there's really no one else who fits the role. Ein sure as hell doesn't fit the role.
Ah I misinterpreted the part where they said "thanks to that man McGillis moves became clear" (paraphrasing, not quoting)

In that sense, then yes Gaelio would be the Masked Man/Vidar pilot. Im not counting out Ein just yet however, as there are some oddball scenarios in which he could come to that role, though the chances are much slimmer for him now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 04:34   Link #55
dienrachen

I wonder who Gali will hate more. I mean, Tekkadan killed Carta and maimed Ein... while McGillis betrayed both of them and then him as well, allying with Tekkadan.
I mean, I guess he'll try to kill everyone in the end, but I like to wonder about his priorities.

Regarding Tekkadan, guys, you have quantum communication systems and Ariadne networks. Can't the Earth and Mars guys talk to each other directly to sort this matter out? That segment really smelled of railroading to me.

EDIT: also, the absolute disconnect between what characters say and the obvious is aaaaargh. Tekkadan has 2 fully upgraded Gundams, which are - even in-story - powerful enough to have carved their name into history, no suit coming close to them apart from the Grimgerde. So why is everyone so worked up about these pirates? Tekkadan and Teiwaz has enough firepower to just rip them apart. As demonstrated in the previous season, Lafter alone can solo entire ships... and when two Gundams start rolling, even Gjallarhorn's MS went down like flies. Why is everyone so worried all of a sudden?

Also, wasn't Teiwaz one of the bigger fishes in S1? Where the heck did another huge pirate conglomerate suddenly pop up from, with 10 ships and a bunch of MS?

Last edited by dienrachen; 2016-10-10 at 04:45.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 05:14   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienrachen View Post
Regarding Tekkadan, guys, you have quantum communication systems and Ariadne networks. Can't the Earth and Mars guys talk to each other directly to sort this matter out? That segment really smelled of railroading to me.
IIRC the problem is that the new guys at Earth branch insistently demand that they get a number of new Shidens because they don’t think a bunch of Land Rodis are sufficient. On the other hand, Orga deemed that the Mars HQ needs to keep some of those Shidens due to situations at hand (sudden conflict with Dawn Horizon) and put the delivery on hold. Not to mention it’ll be difficult to avoid Dawn Horizon when Tekkadan deliver those Shidens to Earth now that they are targeting Tekkadan (not to mention some intel they received from Terra Liberionis). I think Chad already relayed the message pretty well, but the new guys on Earth branch just don’t want to understand reason.

Quote:
EDIT: also, the absolute disconnect between what characters say and the obvious is aaaaargh. Tekkadan has 2 fully upgraded Gundams, which are - even in-story - powerful enough to have carved their name into history, no suit coming close to them apart from the Grimgerde. So why is everyone so worked up about these pirates? Tekkadan and Teiwaz has enough firepower to just rip them apart.
The show already established that even Teiwaz themselves had difficulty in handling DH. I guess next episode we're going to see how Tekkadan + Turbine/Teiwaz + Gjallarhorn forces works out in eliminating the entire DH.

Quote:
As demonstrated in the previous season, Lafter alone can solo entire ships...
When did this happen?

Quote:
and when two Gundams start rolling, even Gjallarhorn's MS went down like flies. Why is everyone so worried all of a sudden?
When Gjallarhorn MSs are a dozen or two then yes. But when those two Gundams are against an entire fleet of MSs + Battleships, they can also be fucked. Note that even Mikazuki felt pressure and hesitation when they were about to be swarmed by Arianrhod fleet & MSs back during battle of Dort. Thankfully, Kudelia were able to stop them with her broadcast. IBO's Gundams are not the godly machines like they were in Wing or SEED that can only be taken down by other Gundams (or Zechs in a Leo/Tallgeese ) or huge MAs & WMDs.

Quote:
Also, wasn't Teiwaz one of the bigger fishes in S1? Where the heck did another huge pirate conglomerate suddenly pop up from, with 10 ships and a bunch of MS?
Teiwaz is simply one of the bigger fishes (they have the most control in the Jupiter domain, not Mars). There are simply so many big companies/parties out there that's not mentioned. Even Montag group & GN Corp was only mentioned in later episodes of season 1.
Old 2016-10-10, 06:04   Link #57
dienrachen

Quote:
IIRC the problem is that the new guys at Earth branch insistently demand that they get a number of new Shidens because they don’t think a bunch of Land Rodis are sufficient. On the other hand, Orga deemed that the Mars HQ needs to keep some of those Shidens due to situations at hand (sudden conflict with Dawn Horizon) and put the delivery on hold. Not to mention it’ll be difficult to avoid Dawn Horizon when Tekkadan deliver those Shidens to Earth now that they are targeting Tekkadan (not to mention some intel they received from Terra Liberionis). I think Chad already relayed the message pretty well, but the new guys on Earth branch just don’t want to understand reason.
The impression I got from Chad was that he had only a rough idea why Mars branch requesting their suits, but he trusted them enough to roll along with the idea; this wasn't enough to sway the new dude on Earth, however.

But even if Chad had made a solid point, I think the same words from Orga's mouths would have sounded very differently. He could have also given some reassurances Chad was in no position to make (you'll get these suits before long, we'll pull some strings to ease your situation, etc etc).

Quote:
The show already established that even Teiwaz themselves had difficulty in handling DH. I guess next episode we're going to see how Tekkadan + Turbine/Teiwaz + Gjallarhorn forces works out in eliminating the entire DH.
This assumes you want to mop up DH in one fell swoop, though. Given Tekkadan's quality is better than anyone else in the show so far, they could also do hit and runs on DH - hit fast and hit hard, then fall back before DH can deploy everything. It's always slower to deploy huge forces than a few machines.

Quote:
When did this happen?
When they battled the first time. She kept getting solid hits on the ship while they couldn't effectively return fire. Mika had to be called back to deal with her, otherwise the Isarabi would have been taken out (according to them, anyway).

Maybe I interpreted the scene the wrong way.

Quote:
When Gjallarhorn MSs are a dozen or two then yes. But when those two Gundams are against an entire fleet of MSs + Battleships, they can also be fucked. Note that even Mikazuki felt pressure and hesitation when they were about to be swarmed by Arianrhod fleet & MSs back during battle of Dort. Thankfully, Kudelia were able to stop them with her broadcast. IBO's Gundams are not the godly machines like they were in Wing or SEED that can only be taken down by other Gundams (or Zechs in a Leo/Tallgeese ) or huge MAs & WMDs.
Mrh. IBO shows a considerable restraint in overpowering the Gundams, which is nice; but if I were honest with you, so far we hadn't seen a situation where a Gundam couldn't overpower any opponent. They are far from the SEED levels of insanity, but they are playing the Godly Gundam trope a lot truer than most people give the show credit for.

I miss the old days when just seeing Char approach elicited girly screams from Amuro.

Anyway, comparing DH to the Arianrhod fleet is a bit off. Arianrhod was composed of a lot more than 10 ships going by the visuals, and they were also purpose-built combat crafts (I'd boldly assume pirates will only have converted civilian vessels a'la Isarabi). To be honest, if NDH has a force approaching Arianrhod, then that raises a lot of questions how Gjallarhorn had managed to suppress everyone.

Quote:
Teiwaz is simply one of the bigger fishes (they have the most control in the Jupiter domain, not Mars). There are simply so many big companies/parties out there that's not mentioned. Even Montag group & GN Corp was only mentioned in later episodes of season 1.
Montag is a red herring, though? It's just the fake front for McGillis, I mean. There was literally nothing to Montag until McGillis began to play his game.

I get what you say, but what I don't get now is why everyone was so afraid of crossing Naze back then. If there were a bunch of powerful parties out there, why was crossing a Teiwaz associate such a huge deal? Just go and try to make a deal with another (similarly strong) party, then.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 07:57   Link #58
tdx

What I have to wonder about that white-haired guy, Hush, is, if he wanted to follow in his incapacitated friend's footsteps so badly, why join only now? Why wait so long? In the flashback, when said friend killed himself, Hush was only a kid, barely entering his now. Now he's in his late teens. It's clearly been a few years since that tragedy, and CGS existed all this time, moreover, it was obligatory to undergo the AV surgery to join, so why come only now? A possible plot hole?

In any case, it doesn't do wonders for Hush's likeability as a character to come with a misplaced grudge against Mika after Tekkadan (with Mika playing a pivotal role) had made the life for their members at least tolerable (unlike it was in CGS), gave them the freedom of choice and is treating them as human beings as opposed to child soldiers in many other organizations. He just comes across as a whiny brat who understands nothing like this.

The next thing that jumped at me is that it seems like Tekkadan inherited CGS's policy of only allowing guys to join their ranks. Atra is the only female employee we've seen so far (Merribit doesn't count since she's technically Teiwaz). I suspect that there might be other girls helping with the orphanage and the fields, but it's just a guess until we've shown some, and it doesn't change the fact that there are no girls among the fighting corps. I wonder what's up with that...

And third, about the ED. Considering Kudelia couldn't have known neither of the other 3 as kids, it makes sense that she's not with them in the ED sequence, so I don't know if it's a Mikatra flag or not. Speaking of, I'm not very knowledgeable of the other Gundamn series, so I'd like to ask: in how many of them did the MC end up not with the "princess"? (including alone, dead or with someone else)
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 07:59   Link #59
Tormenk

Quote:
Either he accept McG’s help or face Dawn Horizon by himself. The DH is already targeting his company anyway .
Good point. Hopefully Orga has a plan for when things go ugly since the 2v1 situation could easily be flipped towards Tekkadan instead.

Quote:

To be honest, I think this new masked guy is going to be more of a problem than McGillis is. McGillis at least has a noble goal, even if his methods are vicious. These new Gjallerhorn guys on the other hand? I think they might have more of personal bone to pick with Tekkadan.
McGee has shown he's pretty ruthless in playing his friends as pawns and now that they're gone there's really nothing to hold him back anymore. Friend or foe are both disposable resources towards reaching his next goal. The masked man's goal seems more aligned against McGee by by aiding his biggest political rival in Gjallerhorn and advising him on his likely actions. The other two Seven Stars probably see Tekkadan as nuisance to be cleared up in time imo.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 09:49   Link #60
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
What I have to wonder about that white-haired guy, Hush, is, if he wanted to follow in his incapacitated friend's footsteps so badly, why join only now? Why wait so long? In the flashback, when said friend killed himself, Hush was only a kid, barely entering his now. Now he's in his late teens. It's clearly been a few years since that tragedy, and CGS existed all this time, moreover, it was obligatory to undergo the AV surgery to join, so why come only now? A possible plot hole?
Because he just knew about Tekkadan recently?

Quote:
And third, about the ED. Considering Kudelia couldn't have known neither of the other 3 as kids, it makes sense that she's not with them in the ED sequence, so I don't know if it's a Mikatra flag or not. Speaking of, I'm not very knowledgeable of the other Gundamn series, so I'd like to ask: in how many of them did the MC end up not with the "princess"? (including alone, dead or with someone else)
Remind me Turn A ending I seriously don't understand why those gundam's plot writers are so afraid of happy romance ending.
It's Mikatra flag no matter how u look at it
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote