Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-25, 14:19   Link #281
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Her impulsiveness isn't anything special either. Look at Eren. Or the idiot Levi gave a badge to.
But its not expected from someone of her ability and composure (which she has, in general) in situations as dire as that.
Old 2013-09-25, 15:31   Link #282
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
But its not expected from someone of her ability and composure (which she has, in general) in situations as dire as that.
So you want her to have no character flaws?
Old 2013-09-25, 17:59   Link #283
lateraldeath

Quote:
She isn't anything special. There are boatloads of people who have lost everything and still are nowhere near as obsessed as her. Her impulsiveness cost Levi his combat ability.
You're right, she isn't anything special. She's just normal and someone who tries to save their family member in immediate danger can be impulsive, that's normal.

In other words, I see a lot of people herp on how Mikasa cause Levi to get hurt like no one else would have caused the same thing if they were in her spot and their loved ones were in danger. Frankly it's irritating. Also, it wasn't even impulsive. She saw a chance on the back of FT's neck and went for it, just like Auruo did. As an audience we know that's not gonna work but how would she know, Levi knows cause his experience is beyond our comprehension. So at best you can say Mikasa needs more experience, but then it's her first titan expedition.

I wish people would think about it a bit more before impulsively say these things. After all, your family's not in danger and you can afford the time to sit back and think right?

Last edited by lateraldeath; 2013-09-25 at 20:38.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 14:05   Link #284
peskylemur25

It funny she got up and flew toward the wall with out eren help and did the deed and look like a badass. Then she fly down to pull eren from Armin arms and then made soup and bread and hold eren hand. Lol they are making it really hard for anime eren to say no. And if he did we would so hate him. Lol
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:00   Link #285
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
You're right, she isn't anything special. She's just normal and someone who tries to save their family member in immediate danger can be impulsive, that's normal.

I wish people would think about it a bit more before impulsively say these things. After all, your family's not in danger and you can afford the time to sit back and think right?
Yeah, the girl has lost two families already (Her real father & mother and then her new father & mother - Eren's father and mother - just a couple years or so after her meeting Eren & his father). Who can blame the girl for not wanting to losing her only remaining family member? He may not, strictly speaking, be the only one she has left (she also has her comrades such as Armin and Jean these days), but he's without a doubt the one she has left that she cares the most about and it isn't hard to see why...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:28   Link #286
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That, and Mikasa's clingy to Eren because her parents died, she was about to be enslaved, and most importantly Eren prevented it and got a ton of flak for it. He took the trouble just for her.

It's been established time and again that Mikasa's behavior is sometimes good and sometimes bad; it gets her moving, but it also endangers her and other people-- much like what Eren does.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:30   Link #287
ustatsu

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rp7edu

Wonderful.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:36   Link #288
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustatsu View Post
Probably still says "Eren" less than some people say "f***", "s***", or "godd***it"
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:39   Link #289
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Lol You, sir/madame, win the internet XD
Old 2013-09-29, 12:39   Link #290
darklegends8

Quote:
I bet that's still less than the number of times Naruto says nostalgia in the first episode of shippuden.
Old 2013-09-29, 12:52   Link #291
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I bet that's still less than the number of times Naruto says nostalgia in the first episode of shippuden.
Are trying to back his argument ? Because that's what you're doing.
Old 2013-09-29, 12:59   Link #292
darklegends8

Quote:
Why do you assume that I'm trying to be serious
Old 2013-09-29, 13:36   Link #293
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
I'm rather indifferent to Mikasa, but the fact that she doesn't have a lot of dialogue in the last episode of the anime shouldn't mean anything, really unless you actually believe a character's merit lies only in their dialogue? Then why have anyone do anything, since we're clearly only placing value on their words and not their actions. Mikasa was obviously sitting around doing nothing in those episodes, right?

"Chopping titans don't mean shit, you're not witty enough to be a good character," is a terrible argument. Really, it fails from the outset, though I admit I did laugh at the link. Mikasa's always been terrible at speaking, though, so it's nothing new.

ONLY BLABBERMOUTHS ARE GOOD CHARACTERS!

I haven't even gotten into the fact that he's literally only taking one episode and discounting everything else too, but why bother hitting on that topic? It's like using a bulldozer to destroy a house of cards, lol.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 13:56   Link #294
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Talk is cheap. Actions and words together create meaning.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 16:35   Link #295
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Personally, I find Mikasa to be a great character. Over-talkative characters have never appealed to me, and Mikasa just isn't a fan of small-talk. Just the way I like my characters to be. It's far better than a character who tries to be friends with and please everyone. Loyalty is an endearing quality and Mikasa had an abundance of it. Mikasa gives no fucks about most people, and instead focuses a great deal of her emotions on one character-- Eren. And what's wrong with that? Eren is her last known family member and the person who saved her from the hell of her past. What have other characters done for her to deserve a similar level of affection? That's right, they've done nothing. And to be frank, it's for the best lest you end up like most of the cast-- an emotional mess every single time one of their many friends become titan food. Mikasa is strong. Way stronger than Eren, and she has the ability to protect him from almost any scenario. Why shouldn't she be clingy? She can and has saved his life in the past. And he means the world to her.

What I don't get is why Eren persists on rejecting her good intentions. He wants independence, I get that. But how can some one deny their own personal body guard in a world where Humans are not on the top of the food chain. And lets not forget she's the most attractive female in the cast by a wide margin.

tl;dr The Mikasa hate in this thread is stupid and illogical.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:03   Link #296
lateraldeath

Quote:
Lol, admittedly this is funny. But you know what, Jean talks more and he does less. Clap Clap Clap. If this world is filled with Jeans, then most people in Trost would have died during the invasion cause of that idiot merchant, Eren would have been taken by Annie. And mankind might have ended as a result. Like Archon Wings said, talk is cheap, action does more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
What I don't get is why Eren persists on rejecting her good intentions. He wants independence, I get that. But how can some one deny their own personal body guard in a world where Humans are not on the top of the food chain. And lets not forget she's the most attractive female in the cast by a wide margin..
Probably cause he really does see her as just a sister and everyone want their own life from their family :/. Side note, Mi Kasa means "my home" in spanish. I wonder if that's purely a coincidence or intended by Isayama cause it fits really well in their situation.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 19:08   Link #297
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Lol, admittedly this is funny. But you know what, Jean talks more and he does less. Clap Clap Clap. If this world is filled with Jeans, then most people in Trost would have died during the invasion cause of that idiot merchant, Eren would have been taken by Annie. And mankind might have ended as a result. Like Archon Wings said, talk is cheap, action does more.
Yep. That was not the time for standing around and making a long speech, it was the time for action, as is so often the case in this series.

Aside from that, the tweeter there is an idiot for several reasons.

1) For using the dialogue from a single episode as their basis.

2) For using an episode where Mikasa wasn't even a major focus.

3) For assuming that dialogue = the sum total of characterisation, which is especially egregious because they selected a character who is a character of action rather than words. For an example of the value of non-verbal characterisation in even the same episode, I need only point to Annie, who was a major focus character and yet who said either nothing or next to nothing the entire time but had buckets of interesting characterisation in that episode.

And also...

4) Because the equivalent section of the manga actually had different dialogue. The anime shoved in a total of nine "Eren!"s when the manga only had one, and cut out some of Mikasa's dialogue, even though it added in a tiny bit of new dialogue at the end.

Spoiler for Manga dialogue:
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 08:56   Link #298
richardtengcy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKASA-chan!
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:27   Link #299
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Personally, I find Mikasa to be a great character. Over-talkative characters have never appealed to me, and Mikasa just isn't a fan of small-talk. Just the way I like my characters to be. It's far better than a character who tries to be friends with and please everyone. Loyalty is an endearing quality and Mikasa had an abundance of it. Mikasa gives no fucks about most people, and instead focuses a great deal of her emotions on one character-- Eren. And what's wrong with that? Eren is her last known family member and the person who saved her from the hell of her past. What have other characters done for her to deserve a similar level of affection? That's right, they've done nothing. And to be frank, it's for the best lest you end up like most of the cast-- an emotional mess every single time one of their many friends become titan food. Mikasa is strong. Way stronger than Eren, and she has the ability to protect him from almost any scenario. Why shouldn't she be clingy? She can and has saved his life in the past. And he means the world to her.

What I don't get is why Eren persists on rejecting her good intentions. He wants independence, I get that. But how can some one deny their own personal body guard in a world where Humans are not on the top of the food chain. And lets not forget she's the most attractive female in the cast by a wide margin.

tl;dr The Mikasa hate in this thread is stupid and illogical.

1) she's an average character at best with no development and nothing special about her
2) Eren doesn't want her to basically dick ride him 24/7.. He wants her to live for herself and to take pride protection in her own life but she's too much of an Erendere to get that concept
3) "she's the most attractive female" lol since when? She's a plain Jane with abs that's it
4) "way stronger than Eren" doesn't change the fact he's contributed more to humanity than she has.. The strength argument is retarded and it basically doesn't 100% protection.. Mike is the perfect example as well as the Survey Corps
5) "Mikasa gives no fucks about no one except Eren" that's why she's a bland character with no redeeming qualities.. I could careless about her interactions at this point because she's practically Eren's bodyguard.. Annie barely interacts yet she's a more infesting/developed character
6) just because he means the world to her doesn't mean she should be hanging off his nuts 24/7 not thinking for herself.. She doesn't even talk to Armin unless Eren is there.. Eren and Armin have a much better relationship than Mikasa

Stop wanking her crap character
TheGrandSage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:30   Link #300
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Quote:

Probably cause he really does see her as just a sister and everyone want their own life from their family :/. Side note, Mi Kasa means "my home" in spanish. I wonder if that's purely a coincidence or intended by Isayama cause it fits really well in their situation.
Lol this is hilarious

Jean>Mikasa
TheGrandSage23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters