AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-20, 14:42   Link #2881
xytrix

^ It was Exia
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 14:44   Link #2882
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
^ It was Exia
The opening is a lie.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 16:08   Link #2883
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
The opening is a lie.
It is, to some extent. Openings doesn't really make any real connection whatsoever to the plot. Well, most of the time.

Anyway, the rumors does sound ...believable. But all those character deaths just within the first 25 episodes makes it really ridiculous. I know these are just floating rumors, but are the providers certain that these events are for the first season only? Or maybe the rumors cover the entire series' plot with a few more missing information...

Man, this is getting exciting. =P
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 16:11   Link #2884
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
It is, to some extent. Openings doesn't really make any real connection whatsoever to the plot. Well, most of the time.
It's almost as bad as the Myself;Yourself opening. I wanted my band dammit!
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 17:21   Link #2885
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
The opening is a lie.
Nah, don't be so sure yet. Remember how Exia's core lights up and gains a power boost when Setsuna fights Ali back in ep 3 or 4?

Setsuna just hasn't unlocked it yet. Probably saving it for the end of season 1, if not season 2 =p.
Old 2008-02-20, 23:40   Link #2886
tyg2

Has there been any speculation that Wang Liu Mei is the traitor? (or rather, one of them?)

I don't have much basis for this, other than in one ep where you see her "leaking" information to the world (and we also know she's completely capable of such discreet transfer of information); and when she stated she only "wanted the world to change", and didn't care how.
tyg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 00:27   Link #2887
MasterX25
Celestial Beings No.1 Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
The reason CB is hiding the technology is because its the one overwhelming advantage they have over the rest of the nations on Earth. If CB didn't have its technological advantage they would have gotten crushed by the 3 power blocs many episodes ago. I don't think they are willing to let happen by any means.

I doubt civilians will riot over their own military's procession of means that will enable it to fight CB. CB is seen as a terrorist/vigilante group from the eyes of most people in the world. If anything the people of the three power blocs would probably feel more safe knowing that their military had those technologies.

In any event I highly doubt news of them obtaining the tech. would even be public knowledge.
If the 3 nations obtain this technology, just think of how much they will abuse other country with this power. I mean, where do we not see someone who is power abuse others. There will be exceptions and that would be the Celestial Beings. The fact that AEU broke the law, HRL supporting war, and Union is willing to send a full assault on a rebellious country rather than discuss and come with a solution. These all prove that they don't deserve the Gundams.
And the fact that the Celestial Beings are going to stop appearing, the civilian are definitely going to suspect something especially that many people involving the Gundams are being killed off.
MasterX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 01:03   Link #2888
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
What other country?

THese nations have been pretty consistent. I mean what government doesn't work to serve its own national interests? It's what the Union president noted, they only intervened in foreign affairs to protect their citizens and serve their national interests. Likewise the rest have done the same. The AEU is desperate on the other hand though.

That's why no one bothers with the Middle East and Africa is just well...Africa (de facto power was it?) in this universe. Pretty much everyone is either in one of the blocs or in some forgotten area that no one cares about anyways.

So abuse what country? Even if they do it's not like they couldn't already do it with less intensive resources(The only countries that could be abused carry Anfs which are nothing more than cannon fodder).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 07:54   Link #2889
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
00, 00F Vol. 1
Kadokawa's site has the first collected volumes of Kouzo Oomori's Gundam 00 manga and Koichi Tokita's Gundam 00F both going on sale March 26.

from Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 20:55   Link #2890
KaiZX
Dogbert Financial Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
if the spolier are true then the Marina and louise+saji screentime are worthless, especially saji+louise. Marina's story is OK but it seemed the intro made her more "important" than she really is. What about the 1st intro where she looks like to be merged with exia?
Not necessarily. There IS a confirmed second season in the works, so Marina and Saji/Louise will probably get more screentime then. It would make sense too if the spoilers are correct and the Meisters breaks up and each Meister goes off on their own for a while, because Setsuna is likely to go back to his homeland and seek out Marina Ismail if he's solo, and he may also return to his apartment that he was using while undercover (which is next door to Saji).

By the way, just because a character isn't active in the first half of a Gundam series, doesn't make them useless. Note that Lacus Clyne was almost completely invisible in the first half of Gundam SEED too (beyond getting rescued by Kira and returned to Athrun). However, her meeting with Kira sets up their meeting later in the second half, and her defection from PLANT to Orb (and the Three-Ship faction).

I have a feeling that Marina Ismail will play a more important role in the second half. Remember that Azadistan is supposedly a neutral country that doesn't belong to any of the three big factions. Perhaps they will fulfill a similar role as Orb (in Gundam SEED) and Sanc Kingdom (in Gundam Wing). Of course, I doubt that Marina Ismail herself will be as critical as a Lacus Clyne or Relena Peacecraft, but just the fact that she and her country exist will probably impact Setsuna in some way.
KaiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 22:18   Link #2891
MasterX25
Celestial Beings No.1 Fan
*Author

Lol, seek Marina for help maybe. Wonder whats going to happen to the other pilots after the BIG BATTLE. But what would her small country have any impact for anyone else to care right now. The celebration would happen after the Celestial Beings are disbanded, and terrorist will come out of no where.
MasterX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:21   Link #2892
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Don't think these has been posted here so... Courtesy of Homeless:

Spoiler for GN-X:

Also, this month's Gundam 00V MSV:

Spoiler for GNW-001/hs-T01 Throne Eins Turbulenz:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:23   Link #2893
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

New MS "Shikus" Powered using the GN Drives given to the 3 Powers.

New addon for the Eins.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:35   Link #2894
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Interesting, the extra armor makes Eins into a Re-GZ style transformable MS

GN-X looks kinda un-Gundam-ish. There's 30 total, 10 for each factions. Apparently HRL'S 10 GN-Xs are able to drive the Thrones away
Old 2008-02-22, 00:36   Link #2895
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The Turbulence backpack looks like a Sukhoi when on MA mode...
Old 2008-02-22, 00:55   Link #2896
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More translated info about the GN-X:

Spoiler for Hobby Mag News:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-22, 01:14   Link #2897
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

gn-x is one fugly mech... at ep 20 they'll seem to put up a good fight. by 23 or 24 they'll be fodder.

anyways, the way i see it, the gn fangs would turn any mech into rubble if the pilot wasn't good. so they could do it the easy way, but they're not going to.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 01:25   Link #2898
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
More translated info about the GN-X:

Spoiler for Hobby Mag News:
So is the GN-X HRL specific only with the AEU and Union coming up with their own design since they were only given the GN drives?
Old 2008-02-22, 01:27   Link #2899
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So is the GN-X HRL specific only with the AEU and Union coming up with their own design since they were only given the GN drives?
Read again. Each of the powers get 10 GN-X's.

And the spoilers for episode 20 released a while back did say that the Thrones were supposed to attack a HRL facility. No surprise they'll be the first to test out their new toys.

Old 2008-02-22, 01:39   Link #2900
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Gah I was thinking of the Drives.

So I guess they got a package. A pity, I wanted to see the other blocs develop newer suits.

Tags
spoilers