AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 16:45   Link #1861
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post

Guess we should stop feeding FlameZ with Touhou ^.^;;;;;
I say "NEVER!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 16:46   Link #1862
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Lemmie know when you've finished your rebuild of Syn, so that I can take the Syn profile that you gave me a while back and eventually start transitioning the Syn I currently have to the one you've got :3
Will do, but the differences between that Syn in the new Syn are going to be rather large. RF6 Syn was based on RF6 canon, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Very nice design!

But the two cartridge chambers make it look like it is actually two devices put together to form a bow (And thats where the Laevantin feel comes from).

Maybe you could try making the bow more 'thin' on one side... so that it is no longer symetric.
I actually left the dual-cartridge in purpously, because it doesn't look as good when the symetry is gone (why do you think Levantine got a dual feed in the first place? It was combined with a scabbard, after all).

That, and the dual feed looks cool.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:00   Link #1863
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
(why do you think Levantine got a dual feed in the first place? It was combined with a scabbard, after all).
Oh no, I don't think that Laevantin is dual feed, I'm only speaking of the design.
Remember how the scabbard turned into a copy of the sword after it was placed on the hilt, shortly before both turned into the bow. I thought for one moment that Laevantin would be dual blade like.

It's just that I think that is where the look alike feeling comes from.

Quote:
Never said it looks not cool.
Old 2008-06-25, 17:24   Link #1864
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
I know the feeling, your mind is swarming with ideas, but working on the drive to actually write them down is a different story.

Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is more due to the lack of examples to draw from then anything else. It still has a feel of its own.
That's pretty cool. *rubs chin* gives me ideas That can't be good.

... Oh don't mind me I'm just... looking
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:27   Link #1865
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Oh no, I don't think that Laevantin is dual feed, I'm only speaking of the design.
Remember how the scabbard turned into a copy of the sword after it was placed on the hilt, shortly before both turned into the bow. I thought for one moment that Laevantin would be dual blade like.

It's just that I think that is where the look alike feeling comes from.
Well, the feel is quite easilly pinnable because Hellskor is based on levantine, both literally and figuratively. In story it is supposed to be a Device based on Levantine (due to Mid lacking in examples of Belkan bows, and why reinvent the wheel if you have an Ancient Belkan example around?) and realistically I based the design on levantine, with a personal twitch. I probably should have been more clear that the similarity was intentional.
Old 2008-06-25, 17:28   Link #1866
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Very nice design for the device.
I can agree on that it looks like 2 devices put together, but destroying the beatiful symmetry isn't a good idea either....I don't have any ideas myself though -_-'

It makes sense if it's based on Levantine though.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:30   Link #1867
Tormenk

Adding serrated edges along the bow body should give it a Hrunting-like feel I suppose.

..sorta makes sense since Shiroko IS Archerko, in a round-about way.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:30   Link #1868
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Well, the feel is quite easilly pinnable because Hellskor is based on levantine, both literally and figuratively. In story it is supposed to be a Device based on Levantine (due to Mid lacking in examples of Belkan bows, and why reinvent the wheel if you have an Ancient Belkan example around?) and realistically I based the design on levantine, with a personal twitch. I probably should have been more clear that the similarity was intentional.
Ah ok.
Well the "It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit" gave me the impression that you would liked a little less Laevantinish feeling to it.

But if it was intended than I have of course absolutly nothing to say about it. *bows*
Old 2008-06-25, 17:35   Link #1869
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I'm sure they'll find a way to give her one even she has to eat the cartridge or something which also brings this to mind....
Spoiler for Size:

Poor rein.

Quote:
Keroko-chan was the one who pushed Vivio to go there.
True, true...

Quote:
I know the feeling, your mind is swarming with ideas, but working on the drive to actually write them down is a different story.

Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is intentional, with Mid lacking of examples to draw from they based it around Levantine. It still has a feel of its own.
Very nice rendition

Quote:
Will do, but the differences between that Syn in the new Syn are going to be rather large. RF6 Syn was based on RF6 canon, after all.

I actually left the dual-cartridge in purpously, because it doesn't look as good when the symetry is gone (why do you think Levantine got a dual feed in the first place? It was combined with a scabbard, after all).

You could keep the design symmetric, but have one of the feeds just be aesthetic. It just looks like a feed but actually does nothing. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
That's pretty cool. *rubs chin* gives me ideas That can't be good.

... Oh don't mind me I'm just... looking
It's a shiny sword! Get it!!
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 17:40   Link #1870
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

You could keep the design symmetric, but have one of the feeds just be aesthetic. It just looks like a feed but actually does nothing. Just a thought.
Unless a reason for the necessity of two feeds could be thought up.
Old 2008-06-25, 17:45   Link #1871
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Adding serrated edges along the bow body should give it a Hrunting-like feel I suppose.

..sorta makes sense since Shiroko IS Archerko, in a round-about way.
Archerko's spell-bow is cool in its own way, and I would have loved to use it, but it doesn't really fit the Nanoha scene of solid AI programmed devices. Though I could find a use for her Phantom Cancellor, although it would go through a severe revamping first, as it is to powerfull to port directly.

Hmm, maybe I can tweak Hellskor a bit more...

Quote:
Ah ok.
Well the "It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit" gave me the impression that you would liked a little less Laevantinish feeling to it.

But if it was intended than I have of course absolutly nothing to say about it. *bows*
Corrected to avoid further confusion. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Quote:
Unless a reason for the necessity of two feeds could be thought up.
So far the current idea is that using Belkan reinforcment magic on high-speed projectiles takes more mana, but I could use some input on this part.
Old 2008-06-25, 17:58   Link #1872
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
So far the current idea is that using Belkan reinforcment magic on high-speed projectiles takes more mana, but I could use some input on this part.
Hmmm...well a bow-based Device can still have a wide range of spells you could use it for. A high-powered, single shot (like Signum's) or using the extra charge from a cartridge to fire multiple arrows that still have penetrating power (like a Hunter's Volley from WoW). Though if you want to use both loading sections on the bow, it could be explained that it has 2 places to store cartridges because the sleeker design of the bow means it holds less cartridges and thus needs it divided on both sides to hold a decent number.
Old 2008-06-25, 18:00   Link #1873
Tormenk

Quote:
Archerko's spell-bow is cool in its own way, and I would have loved to use it, but it doesn't really fit the Nanoha scene of solid AI programmed devices. Though I could find a use for her Phantom Cancellor, although it would go through a severe revamping first, as it is to powerfull to port directly.

Hmm, maybe I can tweak Hellskor a bit more...
Or just leave the barest of the AI to manage the device for faster magic processing power.

Quote:
For one two carts can be loaded at the same time in one go. Also adds into the role of being a speedy attacker with a decent punch to match bombardment level spells with single attacks.

Or perhaps Syn's LC process magic slower than other mages and needs the boost to match up.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 18:15   Link #1874
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm...well a bow-based Device can still have a wide range of spells you could use it for. A high-powered, single shot (like Signum's) or using the extra charge from a cartridge to fire multiple arrows that still have penetrating power (like a Hunter's Volley from WoW). Though if you want to use both loading sections on the bow, it could be explained that it has 2 places to store cartridges because the sleeker design of the bow means it holds less cartridges and thus needs it divided on both sides to hold a decent number.
The design part sounds like a good one to me, and it allows Syn to spam more cartridges too (she needs to make up for Vivio after all ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Or just leave the barest of the AI to manage the device for faster magic processing power.
After a bit of thought, I remembered that you can have a device without AI, like Hayate's Schwertkruez. Solves the problem of thinking up a personallity too.
Old 2008-06-25, 18:26   Link #1875
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
The design part sounds like a good one to me, and it allows Syn to spam more cartridges too (she needs to make up for Vivio after all ).
As long as Syn doesn't over do it. You know Nanoha would beat that lesson into her (probably literally, too ).

Quote:
After a bit of thought, I remembered that you can have a device without AI, like Hayate's Schwertkruez. Solves the problem of thinking up a personallity too.
Aww...but that's no fun . Especially if the AI just so happens to have a...sense of humor or something.
Old 2008-06-25, 18:29   Link #1876
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Aww...but that's no fun . Especially if the AI just so happens to have a...sense of humor or something.
Sense of humour? sounds good
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 18:30   Link #1877
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
As long as Syn doesn't over do it. You know Nanoha would beat that lesson into her (probably literally, too ).

Sense of Humor :3

Falling Soul: [Intelligent AI's are so fun :3. We need to take care of our foolish humans.]

Vivio: Why couldn't I get the normal quiet AI units? T-T Noisy device
Old 2008-06-25, 18:36   Link #1878
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Sense of humour? sounds good
Quote:

Falling Soul: [Intelligent AI's are so fun :3. We need to take care of our foolish humans.]

Or maybe an AI like...Momotaros?

*RUNZ*
Old 2008-06-25, 18:36   Link #1879
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Nah, that's been done already. Besides, there's no way Elena would let that happen. one of the perks of a living parent, I guess.

Quote:
Which would result in German jokes which probably only me and Kyral would get.

Quote:

Be glad you don't have Artherion.

Artherion: [Statement: Greetings, is there someone you need killed, master?]

Vivio: O_O

Keroko-chan:
Remind me why I never had you reprogrammed...
Old 2008-06-25, 19:28   Link #1880
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Or Cortana, after Franz totally wrecked her in a training duel...

Cortana: "That's IT! I WON'T BE YOUR DEVICE ANYMORE! LURCH! GIVE ME TO JOHN!"

Franz: "Holy shit my AI became sentient?!"

Cortana: "SOD OFF!"

Franz: -__-;;

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content