AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-08, 22:50   Link #21
Bakayaro.II

I have a problem...anyone can help? Any idea where I've done wrong?
Bakayaro.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 06:55   Link #22
martino
makes no files now

Uhhh... great. Should have read the forum first before replying to the PM. >_>

(Anyway, your answer is in the PM -- actually, discard that since I didn't look at the pictures properly.)

1) You obviously haven't read the read me or didn't understand a single part of it.

2) Your *.avs script has to point to the file that you want to transcode, so
Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\Anime\New Folder\[SS-Eclipse]...mkv")
Fill in the remaining file name.

3) You want type 4, since the file has softsubs unless you want to watch it without subtitles and break hardware player compatibility with Vorbis audio.

4) If the filename has spaces, you need to put it into quotation marks into the command line, so
Code:
"We Hate Files With Spaces.mkv"
Old 2008-02-09, 08:14   Link #23
Bakayaro.II

This time I renamed it correctly in the .avs file , but the script cannot detect the mkv file. It's in the same location as everything. Or do I put it inside the bin directory?
Old 2008-02-09, 09:12   Link #24
martino
makes no files now

Hmmm... Maybe I know what's wrong, but I'm just guessing here.

spaces in filenames = evil

Replace all the spaces with underscores, so "Video One.mkv" becomes "Video_One.mkv", don't forget to reflect the naming changes in the *.avs file.

Also I don't use MSN. So... unless you have IRC, this is the best way of getting my help... n_n
Old 2008-02-09, 09:27   Link #25
Bakayaro.II

I removed the spaces... which is precisely I got this error...
I'll try to source for an IIRC...haha
Old 2008-04-25, 19:39   Link #26
Loba

I tried encoding for psp using avisynth code:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\vsfilter.dll")
DirectShowSource("C:\Encode\cg_01.mkv")
TextSub("C:\Encode\cg_01.ass")
LanczosResize(480, 272)

I could play it on the pc but not on psp. I tried opening the .avs file which is the above in psp video 9 but it didn't encode. the .avs file could be opened by MPC. Am I missing any steps here like ...changing the frame-rate? Don't really know what's the video specs that psp stubbornly needs before it can play the mp4 video. And I don't know why psp video 9 couldnt open the .avs file.

I installed latest CCCP, avisynth already. Followed all the steps as well. Tks for any info. I am a newbie at this, being reading up but information overload @_@
Loba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:45   Link #27
martino
makes no files now

Oh... stupid me. Should have read the PM you sent me with more attention. This script will most likely not work, because the settings are not compatible with the PSP. However this one should work. It has a separate batch script for the PSP, although I cannot 100% guarantee that it will work. As far as to why PSP Video 9 does not work, beats me. You'd have to ask the people who develop that program to tell you.
Old 2008-07-01, 02:12   Link #28
drv_woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Ok, I'm obviously a newbie at this... so, I have question if you guys don't mind me asking.

Do any of the illustrated methods work for videos (.mkv) with multiple sound channels? I would like to convert something which has "AAC 48000Hz 6ch [Audio]."

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out for myself. Thanks for the guides.
So what is the trick to having multiple sound channels?
drv_woes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 19:02   Link #29
bobber205

I followed the instructions. I got an excellent mp4 file but with no subtitles. What should I do?

(I had a type 1 file)

Tried again making with type 3 to get subtiles hardcoded in there and for some reason the cmd prompt just closes.

The instructions say to download avisynth but not if it needs to be moved/copied. Also I assume the .7z file goes in the bin directory?
bobber205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 19:56   Link #30
bobber205

Is there a version of the script that doesn't take hours? Or maybe just one pass encoding?

Quality isn't a concern for me atm.
Old 2008-07-08, 20:26   Link #31
martino
makes no files now

You probably did not have a type 1 file if it had subtitles and they didn't get hardcoded to the video. It's always a good idea to first open the .avs script in your media player to check whether it works fine.

Why would AviSynth need to get copied or moved? You install it and that's it. Perhaps the instructions weren't clear enough, but with a bit of common sense you can deduce that if tool x is needed, and comes as an .exe installation package, it has to be installed before it can be used either by the user or program y. Anyway, I guess I'll have to amend it to make it clearer.

For troubleshooting please launch the script from the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd or Windows key + R and cmd) and paste in everything that it outputs into the window, as well as the .avs script that you used.

Lastly, this script is meant to provide good quality at acceptable speed... imo anyway. If you want it better, faster, slower, or worse you'll have to change it yourself. Google and x264 --help or --longhelp is your friend.
Old 2008-07-08, 20:35   Link #32
bobber205

Is 3 hours for one file at 1200 kpbs what you typically get. I have a decent machine. 2 gigs of ram, 1.8 C2D etc.
I assumed than Avisynth did not need to be moved. It was just that everything up until that point had been moved but I understand.

The mkv file has subtitles embedded. Type 1 took about 20 minutes which was plenty fast for me. I expect having to do this process for dozens of episodes and 3 hours per episode is a tad much (1 day and a half for a dozen).

Is there any easy line I could remove (or more lines) to get rid of the second pass. It's the one that's taking 2+ hours.
Old 2008-07-08, 21:27   Link #33
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Well I posted something similar in a fansub thread, but has anyone tried MediaCoder? The free one on sourceforge? It claims to convert everything to and fro.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:42   Link #34
bobber205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Well I posted something similar in a fansub thread, but has anyone tried MediaCoder? The free one on sourceforge? It claims to convert everything to and fro.
It has the most unintuitive interface I've ever used. And it randomly fails with no explanation why. Seems to be decently fast though.
Old 2008-07-09, 01:10   Link #35
bobber205

Since quality isn't a large concern, could you modify the script a bit and take out the second pass?

I've tried just removing the lines that do it but it cascades into other problems. If so I would be very thankful!
Old 2008-07-09, 05:42   Link #36
martino
makes no files now

If you had read properly you would have figured out why why type 1 is so fast; because it ONLY REMUXES. If you have softsubbed subtitles (what do you mean by "embedded"?) type 1 will do nothing with them. You need the appropriate type which RE-ENCODES the video to hardcode them into the video stream.

If you remove the second pass you will have no video. Anyway, I see what you want to do, however there isn't a magic way to make it suddenly go fast. It will still take hours and there's nothing much that can be done about it. I guess if you don't care about quality and want to enjoy eye cancer, here you go:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-01, 13:57   Link #37
bobber205

Been using your original script alot and having a great time.

However, I have found a file where I get an error talking about how the audio file wasn't BitStream complaint. I tried extracting the original audio file and converting to the Helix mp3.

I made a new mkv file and tried converting it last night. I got the same error message.
What format do I need to convert the audio file to?
Old 2008-08-01, 14:09   Link #38
martino
makes no files now

/me wonders what Helix mp3 is

Could you please upload the original file somewhere? Or post/PM a link to it?
Old 2008-08-07, 05:58   Link #39
Ohlin

When I run the script BePipe gives me an error. Windows gives me an application error and tells me bepipe.exe failed to initialize properly. I downloaded bebpipe.exe from the site given in the link and placed it in the bin folder. Was I supposed to download something else or install BePipe? It also gives me the same error when I click on the executable.
Ohlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 02:50   Link #40
yongshun

I must have screwed up somewhere with the script because no output file is created and I get "No such file or directory at script/tc2mp4.pl line 82." then it goes to the file option and tells me to check usage, after that it proceeds to deleted the intermediate files and shut down every single time I use the script.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate