AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 03:41   Link #61
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm sorry I doubted the series just because Kasai ain't directing it, because it's still freaking awesome! Then again, if I knew that the director for Higurashi is also doing this, then I wouldn't have been so worried.

In any case, by far and away the funniest first episode I've seen, even surpassing 'pure comedy' shows like Kemeko and Macademi Wasshoi. Nodame 'out-otakuing' an otaku in terms of puri-gota was just hilarious, and the faces were just priceless on the waiter and Chiaki during the time Nodame was spewing random phrases out.

Instant favourite of the season from first impressions, but I think it's too early to say it's THE best of season since there's a ton of great shows, some of them has potential to be masterpieces if they do it correctly. That said, it would take a lot of catching up to Nodame 2, since this was just made of pure win.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 03:44   Link #62
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Geez, some of you really have no taste for Rachmaninov. Forget that the OP tune didn't fit the structural framework of conventional song writing. There may not have been clear phrasing that identified verse and refrain, but the thematic ideas and the harmonic motion were absolutely gorgeous. The OP animation was also pretty amusing.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 04:14   Link #63
cipotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Geez, some of you really have no taste for Rachmaninov. Forget that the OP tune didn't fit the structural framework of conventional song writing. There may not have been clear phrasing that identified verse and refrain, but the thematic ideas and the harmonic motion were absolutely gorgeous. The OP animation was also pretty amusing.
I love Rachmaninov's 2nd Piano Concerto and found the watered-down version of the finale theme of the third movement in the OP a bit too much. "Full moon and empty arms" is a much better attempt.

That concerto has been plagiarised so much by popular culture and it doesn't need to be treated in the same way anymore.
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 04:23   Link #64
Eric10301

What an awesome first episode. Best comedy/romance I've seen in this new Fall season hands down. Still a bit sad it's only 11 eps but it's ok as long as I get my Nodame fix. Gyabo!

Last edited by Eric10301; 2008-10-11 at 04:34.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 05:08   Link #65
kujoe
from head to heel

Nice start! I can already tell that this series is going in my top priority list this season. I can't wait to see what kind of challenges Chiaki and Nodame will face in a different country.

Needs more Stresemann though.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 07:50   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Needs more Stresemann though.
Yeah i was waiting for that legend to make his appearance in the first episode. Shame it didn't happen, though i'm sure he'll appear in the second episode.

A great start to the Paris chapter. It's good to meet the new fun cast, and be reminded at just how much fun Chiaki and Nodame are on screen.
Old 2008-10-11, 08:41   Link #67
Katapan
俺様祭り

Animation Program and Movie Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

*4.9% (--.-%) 10/09 (Thu) 25:00-25:30 Fuji TV Nodame Cantabile - Paris Chapter (New)

Looks like the series is just as popular as it was during the first season's run (at least, it's done better than any of the ratings Antique Bakery got). It must be fairly safe to assume Noitamina will be back in the top 10 anime ratings several times for (at least) the 11 upcoming weeks.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 09:11   Link #68
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Took me the whole day to come up with 2 articles back-to-back, but here's the second:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 1

It can be fairly unnerving for manga readers to see just how much J.C. Staff diced-and-chopped the source material to fit into 20+ minutes, and while it works, I'm hoping they don't let their propensity to "tinker" with the source material wreck this sequel. 7/10
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 10:31   Link #69
mdauben

Wow! I've been waiting for Pari-hen for months, and now that its hear I was not disappointed. More Shinichi yelling, Nodame acting weird, some fun new supporting characters and of course....

GYABO!

Man, I missed my Nodame fix for the last few months.
Old 2008-10-11, 10:36   Link #70
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Nodame doesn't have the 3D effects, of course. Still they're stylistically rather similar.
That's the first thing I noticed too. They've put in a bit more effort to animate the concert scenes. In the first season, we usually get stills instead of animated movements. The background art has also improved. It still has that pastel, watercolour look, but with enough details to make the Paris scenery instantly recognisable. The artists managed to capture the look and feel of Parisian streets and apartments very well, I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz
Well, to be honest, Nodame and Chiaki are the main attractions of the show for me, not the music. I can't tell the difference between supposedly "good" or "bad" classical music. Suffice to say I mildly enjoyed both the OP and ED, but they didn't really seize my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
In any case, by far and away the funniest first episode I've seen, even surpassing 'pure comedy' shows like Kemeko and Macademi Wasshoi. Nodame 'out-otakuing' an otaku in terms of puri-gota was just hilarious, and the faces were just priceless on the waiter and Chiaki during the time Nodame was spewing random phrases out.
That was certainly a "laugh out loud" moment. However, I don't think anyone can learn French through dubbed cartoons, any more than a foreigner can learn Japanese by watching anime.

It will be more interesting to see how protective Chiaki would be over Nodame. He better not try to dump her, after all she has done for him. I rooted for Nodame when she scolded Chiaki about his usual stuck-up behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

Really not a whole lot to add seeing as I'm a Manga reader and a live action viewer...Stories are still entertaining even on this third time through though and all of it translated well I think.
I've watched bits of the live drama after finishing the anime, and I much prefer the anime to the live-action version. Nodame is sweeter and cuter in the anime compared to the J-drama, which was often too over-acted for my liking.

Too bad that I'd be out of country for the next three weeks. It seems that this season has brought out a number of highly-watchable anime.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:19   Link #71
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It can be fairly unnerving for manga readers to see just how much J.C. Staff diced-and-chopped the source material to fit into 20+ minutes, and while it works, I'm hoping they don't let their propensity to "tinker" with the source material wreck this sequel. 7/10
Pari-hen will be just 11 episodes long. They had no choice but to cut some of the manga material, I think. I am a manga reader and I was totally not bothered by the differences between the anime and the manga...sure not remembering all the manga details helped but after checking the relevant manga chapters to comapare it with the anime I still think the anime has been great so far.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 11:29   Link #72
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyredleaf
It will be more interesting to see how protective Chiaki would be over Nodame. He better not try to dump her, after all she has done for him. I rooted for Nodame when she scolded Chiaki about his usual stuck-up behaviour.
Hint... the chances of any girl other than the title character getting the lead guy is slim to none.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:08   Link #73
Kirarakim

Well this is the only Fall series I am 100% following (the others need to be tested a little more). But with only 11 episodes and more Nodame who can say no to that?

My favorite parts were

Spoiler:
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 12:22   Link #74
Lucipher

I loved the first eps it was the funnest from this fall season by far. I was a little dissapointed that none of them got to hear the great one chiaki play the piano or anything aww but he will get his chance and just clown anyone who lives thier.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:25   Link #75
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
That's the first thing I noticed too. They've put in a bit more effort to animate the concert scenes. In the first season, we usually get stills instead of animated movements. The background art has also improved. It still has that pastel, watercolour look, but with enough details to make the Paris scenery instantly recognisable. The artists managed to capture the look and feel of Parisian streets and apartments very well, I feel.
I noticed that too! I am really happy they decided to animate the concert scenes. They look so much better animated.

Quote:
I've watched bits of the live drama after finishing the anime, and I much prefer the anime to the live-action version. Nodame is sweeter and cuter in the anime compared to the J-drama, which was often too over-acted for my liking.
I tried watching the live-action nodame as well, but it just wasn't as good as the anime. And I really couldn't watch it with all the over acting...
Also in the anime we have Ayako Kawasumi's and Tomokazu Seki's lovely voices!

I am so happy Nodame is back! And I missed it so much. But why only 11 episodes? Does that mean there will be a 3rd season?

From this episode I loved it when
Spoiler for spoiler for episode:

Anyway I thought the episode was great. Can't wait for the next one
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 13:35   Link #76
rg4619

Quote:
I am so happy Nodame is back! And I missed it so much. But why only 11 episodes? Does that mean there will be a 3rd season?
Fuji TV always seems a bit risk-averse with its Noitamina line (lots of diversity, but rarely a significant investment in any one show. H&CII saw a significant drop in popularity from the first season, so I guess they don't want to risk too much on Nodame 2 in case the same thing happens). However, if Nodame remains really popular, I hope they greenlight a 3rd season.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 15:05   Link #77
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I tried watching the live-action nodame as well, but it just wasn't as good as the anime. And I really couldn't watch it with all the over acting...
Also in the anime we have Ayako Kawasumi's and Tomokazu Seki's lovely voices!
I actually like the live action version more at least for the 1st season. The over acting was hard to get used to at first but for me at least Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri were perfect as their respective characters and they had amazing chemistry. It could also be because I watched the live action series first but I was actually disappointed in some things about the anime like the lack of animation and they cut some of my favorite scenes from the manga.

But well Nodame is Nodame so live action or anime I am going to watch it because I love the story. I do wish the anime would go past where the live action version went but with only 11 episodes that doesn't look to be the case this time around.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 15:47   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Funny, the first thought that crossed my mind when seeing those scenes was "Paris doesn't look like that". It's gray, not brown. Also, where's all the traffic?

Also, the French. It's quite good, but the way the place the stresses threw me off. I couldn't even catch everything.

Still, a pretty fun episode.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 16:26   Link #79
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

A nice little fun and humorous episode to start of the season. I shall be keeping up with the show from here on out.

Favorite moment was when Nodame out-otaku-d the other guy and he couldn't bear it anymore.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 16:57   Link #80
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I haven't seen the first season of the anime, but I seen the dorama already. I just happened to caught the first episode of pari-hen on stream, and I really enjoyed what I saw, so I decided to watch a full HD subbed version x]

Spoiler for Thoughts on First Episode:

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina