AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-10, 13:12   Link #141
Molenir

Finally got around to finishing this show. After seeing it, all I can say is, I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

COURAGE!

Meh, so lame. Felt like I was watching some old GI Joe thing, And Knowing is half the battle. So trite and stupid. I was in much worse pain the Maka from that pathetic ending.
Old 2009-11-11, 20:18   Link #142
Kamden
Have a Nice Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Finally got around to finishing this show. After seeing it, all I can say is, I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

COURAGE!

Meh, so lame. Felt like I was watching some old GI Joe thing, And Knowing is half the battle. So trite and stupid. I was in much worse pain the Maka from that pathetic ending.
I recommend reading the manga. The anime diverted from the manga around episode 36, and it just went downhill because of that (meanwhile, the manga continued to be epic and is still ongoing). Start with chapter 37, which is the final part of the Battle for Brew arc (the anime ended that fight differently than the manga did, and the manga ending made more sense).
Old 2009-11-11, 22:21   Link #143
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I actually suggest reading the manga entirely from the beginning, due to some differences, mostly minor. Plus I really like Ookubo's style more than the anime.
Old 2009-11-11, 22:27   Link #144
Kamden
Have a Nice Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejellosphere View Post
I actually suggest reading the manga entirely from the beginning, due to some differences, mostly minor. Plus I really like Ookubo's style more than the anime.
I agree, but I suggested jumping into ch 37 for expediency's sake, since the anime watchers have already followed the plot up until that point. ^^
Old 2009-11-12, 19:24   Link #145
I'monaboat

Besides Ookubo has updated the characters to resemble the anime more.
Old 2009-11-13, 17:32   Link #146
lmd_84

Reading from 37 wouldn't necessarily be the best idea; there are things before that point where the anime and manga diverged that are different. The major one is the criteria for the souls collected by Shibusen. The anime specifies 'evil' souls, and colours them accordingly.

The manga merely states the souls of "99 humans and one witch". Naturally there are distinctions between who they can and cannot kill, but the manga only mentions Shinigami having a list of targets twice, whereas the anime is much more clear-cut on the matter of good versus bad.
Old 2009-11-15, 21:38   Link #147
Demoned Away

I really didn't like the ending. At all. Not only was it predictable but it left a lot of stuff unanswered. It doesn't help that Maka is one of my least favorite characters, too. She just screams way too much... it really got old after episode 25ish. I'm also a bit bitter. I wanted to see more from Killik and Justin but I new that it wasn't going to happen past episode 45 because Maka was too busy "GIRL POWER"ing all over Asura's face.

I'll probably pick up the manga if it plans to end anytime soon. I don't like legacy series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
first half could be ~7-ish or so, maybe 8, but then it's just 0 .. srsly, Excalibur killing Asura with his cane would've been better
That's what I wanted to happen. Soooo badly.
Old 2009-11-16, 04:52   Link #148
kitten320

I did start to read manga from the middle and I'm completly fine. Although I did look through some old chapters and noticed slight difference in Stein's first imagination with Medusa, it was more... intimate? And also when Stein had served last blow on Medusa after she bited him, was not in the chest but in the head.

And no, manga doesn't plan to end very soon. Besides it is released only once a month but it definetly is better than anime but sadly Maka still annoys hell out of you with her fightig.

But at least other characters make up for it... Black Star had grown a lot and now I start to like him a lot. His fight with Mifune in manga is epic and must be definetly checked

And side cast such as Kilik get more action.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:47   Link #149
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
I really didn't like the ending. At all. Not only was it predictable but it left a lot of stuff unanswered. It doesn't help that Maka is one of my least favorite characters, too. She just screams way too much... it really got old after episode 25ish. I'm also a bit bitter. I wanted to see more from Killik and Justin but I new that it wasn't going to happen past episode 45 because Maka was too busy "GIRL POWER"ing all over Asura's face.
I don't mind Maka, and find how she's written in the manga much better going by how Okubo uses things; Demon Hunter comes around in a much more touching (and creepy) fashion than simply stating "courage in insanity = power", and the same theory won a recent epic battle in a pretty creative way, as it's not exactly kind of raw power/determination thing that the anime emphasised.

We are getting more time spent on Kirikou in the manga, and Justin too as it happens - mostly because there have been some interesting developments regarding the priest.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:39   Link #150
Harima x Tenma Fan

I loved the ending flat out and miester/weapon Maka was win. I've also been thinking maybe the reason the punch could kill him was because he threw up his weapon and that made him weaker.

Last edited by Harima x Tenma Fan; 2010-04-10 at 15:09.
Old 2010-06-26, 02:28   Link #151
animAe

I wish the ending was more... epic. I thought the ending where Maka jumps to her friends was a pretty bad way to end it! I hope they make more anime episodes of it! I still want to see what happens when Soul turns into a Death Sythe But still.. great anime overall!
Old 2010-11-13, 15:30   Link #152
BLaCKsTARftw
Host Ranger Silver

Thumbs down

I luved the whole series up till the last half of ep 51..
it was totaly pooped on i thought that soul would get taken over with
the madness and go beserk with maka on asura then when fights over
they are still freaking out till makas dad comes down and stops her and
its a father duaghter moment then soul gets rid of his black blood...
o well
Old 2011-03-15, 05:11   Link #153
AnnestasiaMonaLisa

Spoiler for Soul Eater:
Old 2011-03-16, 06:53   Link #154
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnestasiaMonaLisa View Post
Spoiler for Soul Eater:
Even if the story is going a little bit different, I suggest you to read the manga, because most of your questions have been answered recently.
Old 2011-03-24, 15:38   Link #155
KingofKings891

I know this Thread is really old, but i just finished watching the Anime. Just found out about Soul Eater maybe a month ago.

My final take...

The final war was all epic, until the last episode...They should have teased Maka being a weapon half way through the series, by simply having somebody ask Spirit "Hey since Maka is the child of you (a weapon) and your wife (a meister) has there been any evidence that she has weapon skills also?" But instead they tease it in the final episode.

This is followed up by Maka all of a sudden being more power of a weapon than her father, a death scythe...Just seems very rushed, and too much was left off. Like Black Star, his goal through the whole series was to surpass God, but in the end he got beaten. Kidd had a big role until the very end...that final battle he was more of a problem than a help.

Also the Kishins attack that destroyed Lord Death (knocked him unconscious) and Spirit too, did NO damage to Maka....All of a sudden she becomes brave and she passes up Black Star, Kidd, and Death in skill and power?

I liked the idea of her bravery put fear inside of the Kishin and made him afraid, which was why he was so dangerous, but for him to be un-affected by shots from Kidd, Black Star, and the Kishin hunter (souls). To be beaten by a single punch from the weakest character (that was introduced)...

I know the Kishin was low on power, but he put up a powerful barrier and ate a witches soul. Should have been more than enough to defeat: Kidd (who just had battled two powerful clown that hurt him badly), Black Star (who was on brink of death against Mifune), and Maka (who just ran extremely far, battled Medusa (who is one of the most powerful witches) and ran back).

Too many problems in my oninion. Good series, i loved it all (excluding the final episode), but that last episode made me not to even want to keep reading the manga (im current with the Manga (CH 84)).
Old 2011-04-02, 21:29   Link #156
Shampoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings891 View Post
I know this Thread is really old, but i just finished watching the Anime. Just found out about Soul Eater maybe a month ago.

My final take...

The final war was all epic, until the last episode...They should have teased Maka being a weapon half way through the series, by simply having somebody ask Spirit "Hey since Maka is the child of you (a weapon) and your wife (a meister) has there been any evidence that she has weapon skills also?" But instead they tease it in the final episode.

This is followed up by Maka all of a sudden being more power of a weapon than her father, a death scythe...Just seems very rushed, and too much was left off. Like Black Star, his goal through the whole series was to surpass God, but in the end he got beaten. Kidd had a big role until the very end...that final battle he was more of a problem than a help.

Also the Kishins attack that destroyed Lord Death (knocked him unconscious) and Spirit too, did NO damage to Maka....All of a sudden she becomes brave and she passes up Black Star, Kidd, and Death in skill and power?

I liked the idea of her bravery put fear inside of the Kishin and made him afraid, which was why he was so dangerous, but for him to be un-affected by shots from Kidd, Black Star, and the Kishin hunter (souls). To be beaten by a single punch from the weakest character (that was introduced)...

I know the Kishin was low on power, but he put up a powerful barrier and ate a witches soul. Should have been more than enough to defeat: Kidd (who just had battled two powerful clown that hurt him badly), Black Star (who was on brink of death against Mifune), and Maka (who just ran extremely far, battled Medusa (who is one of the most powerful witches) and ran back).

Too many problems in my oninion. Good series, i loved it all (excluding the final episode), but that last episode made me not to even want to keep reading the manga (im current with the Manga (CH 84)).

I also just found this anime just recently .

Anyways, I totally agree with you 200%.

Death gets owned by Asura's beam... But wait... In the beginning of the fight Death absorbed it with his hand and burps out it back out... Total power shift...
He also just decided to take the beam full on. No magic shield or try cutting the beam with his Asura Hunter...

Also Asura turning into a baby in the end was total BS.
Asura fought Death... the guy whose soul is bigger than a city, the guy who can rip peoples skin off and seal them inside a bag made out of their own skin!
He isn't scared of Death at all! BUT weaponless Maka and her bravery punch scares the F**k outta Asura and ends up exploding... I mean c'mon... (I love Maka BTW but I just thought this was a major flaw)

I tried to like the ending but I seriously can't due to all the flaws and nonsense.
I had more to rant about but I forgot them and I'm tired.

Sorry if I just repeated what you said but I just felt like I had to say this

Loved the series cept ending episodes. 6/10
Old 2011-04-02, 22:55   Link #157
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Because raw strengh isn't the answer to fight the madness/kishin.
Maka used courage, and the Kishin couldn't understand such nonsense.

We could say that Maka's way of thinking/doing disturbed him, making him weaker. It's his own kryptonit. He could face anything but just this single thing his heart/soul was lacking : courage.
From the beginning, it's fear that drived him into the path of evil... To me, the ending makes sense.
Old 2011-05-31, 00:32   Link #158
prehemencie

I have a theory on what happened based on a few lines and visual cues.

Spoiler for soul eater ending:

I was a bit surprised when nobody I read had a theory along these lines.
Old 2011-06-20, 22:03   Link #159
MasterVampire

I must be one of the very few who actually like the ending :P
Old 2011-09-19, 23:57   Link #160
Puddingman

Yea, I agree with prehemencie's idea, it's pretty much proven:

Spoiler for Soul Eater Ending:
Closed Thread